• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

G.Newell

Reminds me, they should let us dish out aggressive, red-card fouls ie, Cantona kicks at your opponent, the classic shove/push from the old fifa games, etc...using special button combos. Sometimes I just wanna vent in an unfair way dammit

One of my favorite football games on the ps2 was exactly what you are describing. I would give anything for a sequel to that or even if they add it as a special fun game mode in fifa 14.

Heres a gameplay video of that game Red Card!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0IJoFSeAs&feature=related

brentech

I've been using bronze/silver team recently trying to get through a division that's pro/worldclass in singleplayer. it's kind of tough, i don't really have top grade players so my first two games came to draws.

adelante

One of my favorite football games on the ps2 was exactly what you are describing. I would give anything for a sequel to that or even if they add it as a special fun game mode in fifa 14.

Heres a gameplay video of that game Red Card!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0IJoFSeAs&feature=related

Lmao they made a whole game based on excessive fouls?? Haha the ridiculous number of kungfu kicks and headbutts aside, the way the players move looks similar to Adidas Power Soccer for the PS1... wait, come to think of it, THAT was another game that lets you perform kungfu kicks.. even the Hand of God haha

Only reason why I want EA to give us the ability to commit such fouls is to see online gamers who are impatient or the easily-frustrated be tempted to use them and receive immediate sent-offs.

misterF

Neo Member
So I have 2 slots left to fill up my first gold squad and I have 10,000 coins to spend. Would you guys recommend a premium gold pack or buy Papiss Cisse and Koscielny for 7,000 coins?

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, my first team is a Serie B silver squad and I've been dominating stronger teams, so satisfying!

Robso

So I have 2 slots left to fill up my first gold squad and I have 10,000 coins to spend. Would you guys recommend a premium gold pack or buy Papiss Cisse and Koscielny for 7,000 coins?

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, my first team is a Serie B silver squad and I've been dominating stronger teams, so satisfying!

The latter. Knowing how gold packs can be, perhaps not worth the risk.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
How often do you guys use the training cards to boost your player stats? Used a couple last night and made my game so easy!

Keio

For a Finer World
So, here's my team which I'm finally satisfied with – wanted to go for a nice total football team so it's all geared for short passing and runs into space (although I don't really counter attack). And requirement was players I like/support, so mainly Netherlands and Spain. Link here.

On a related note, I still struggle against heavy counter attack teams that sit back and only pounce with pacy players. Many of my UT seasons games feel like Barca-Chelsea from last season, with me hitting 70% possession and then losing to a goal on the counter (usually scored with a +10 boosted guy that goes faster than Felix B.). Any suggestions? I set to defensive and having Xavi Alonso on CM helps (compared to Fabregas who was there previously), but it's still ridiculous at times.

Robso

So, here's my team which I'm finally satisfied with – wanted to go for a nice total football team so it's all geared for short passing and runs into space (although I don't really counter attack). And requirement was players I like/support, so mainly Netherlands and Spain. Link here.

On a related note, I still struggle against heavy counter attack teams that sit back and only pounce with pacy players. Many of my UT seasons games feel like Barca-Chelsea from last season, with me hitting 70% possession and then losing to a goal on the counter (usually scored with a +10 boosted guy that goes faster than Felix B.). Any suggestions? I set to defensive and having Xavi Alonso on CM helps (compared to Fabregas who was there previously), but it's still ridiculous at times.

Wow! That is some team.

Keio

For a Finer World
Wow! That is some team.

Thanks! How I built it: I did burn through 4600 FIFA points to get enough coins to start generating cash while trading. Managed to get one in-form player which gave me a much needed money injection. And Witsel for example is one player I've been able to quite consistently make a nice profit on (buy cheap, sell expensive).

Then I did some 59 minutes lurking and scored a few cheap(er) buy it nows for the more expensive players.

How often do you guys use the training cards to boost your player stats? Used a couple last night and made my game so easy!

I use them for finals and other important matches, they don't often sell so I think it's better to use them rather than discard them.

Always spend the coins on players. It isn't worth spending coins on gold packs at all.

I usually just set my squad up to be ultra defensive, change to the possession or counter attack tactic myself, and be ready to control my midfielders to get back the moment I know my attack has ended.

Keio

For a Finer World
I usually just set my squad up to be ultra defensive, change to the possession or counter attack tactic myself, and be ready to control my midfielders to get back the moment I know my attack has ended.
I'll try this tonight. But don't you feel that with Ultra Defensive you are not getting enough support when starting your attack e.g. all your players hang back?

In Ultimate Team at least I haven't had that problem. I haven't played too much of regular season play to know if it is specific to Ultimate Team, but I think because of the attacking AI, you're still getting runs forward this year as opposed to last year. Plus, playing a 4-3-3, I always have at least three attackers.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'll try this tonight. But don't you feel that with Ultra Defensive you are not getting enough support when starting your attack e.g. all your players hang back?

As I understand it, that's not how it works in 13. It seems to only affect the attack support from your full backs. I always immediately switch to ultra defensive at the start of any match and haven't had any problems in attack.

Note also that you can also set up custom tactics before an offline game, and assign that to your quick tactics for use in games in the future (offline and online).

Keio

For a Finer World
Great advice, guys, much appreciated.

My to-do list then:
- Try ultra defensive, although I do appreciate the attacking runs of Alba & Lahm, which then with Robben & Iniesta on the wings tend to leave my backline exposed... Time to experiment with this.
- Set up custom tactics before playing, nice one! Any links to good guides for custom tactics, btw – didn't use those much in 12.

Kelas

I don't have a link to a guide at the mo (though one pretty comprehensive one covering all aspects does exist, can't remember where I saw it), but I'd suggest messing about with some of the tactics options and seeing what works. I think I geared mine towards players being available for short passes, and a relatively aggressive and pressing defensive line. I don't know how much of that has really helped, but I certainly feel under the impression that it made a difference, which I suppose is all that matters!

kaizoku

Can someone explain how to use coaches?

I read an article which said the stats from managers and staff stack, so if you have loads of managers you'll get much better benefits from the +2% team talks etc.

That makes sense, but I have no idea how to use staff with like +10 heading or whatever. Do they just get applied automatically to every squad/player once you own them?

Can someone explain how to use coaches?

I read an article which said the stats from managers and staff stack, so if you have loads of managers you'll get much better benefits from the +2% team talks etc.

That makes sense, but I have no idea how to use staff with like +10 heading or whatever. Do they just get applied automatically to every squad/player once you own them?

You get the benefit when you apply that training card type. So with a coach with +10% heading, when you apply a +15 to heading training card, you get an additional 1.5 points to it.

Finally caved in and bought 13 on Monday. So far it's been a lot more fun than 12.

And after not even playing a minute of Ultimate Team in 12 I decided to use it as my main multiplayer component. Dear god, why didn't anyone let me know this was so addictive? I find myself at work buying and trading players using the web app. Got Essien and T. Howard for pretty cheap this morning, trying to flip the for something positive.

Kelas

Weird as fudge referee/physics behaviour in the last game I played. My player was slide tackled outside the oppositions box (fairly, ball was won), and he fell over. Opposition got a free kick. I later won the ball in my own box from a striker, but they got a penalty. Striker didn't even fall over or seem impeded at all.

kaizoku

Weird as fudge referee/physics behaviour in the last game I played. My player was slide tackled outside the oppositions box (fairly, ball was won), and he fell over. Opposition got a free kick. I later won the ball in my own box from a striker, but they got a penalty. Striker didn't even fall over or seem impeded at all.

the best fuck up I've seen was in clubs, I was through one on one, CB chasing me, I screw up and the keeper picks up the ball and I fall over his body, danger over. But then the CB falls over my body and when I go to get up I clip his legs while he's on the ground and fall over again and I get a penalty :D

RangersFan

is there any way to do single season mode offline? career manager or player, tournament, be a pro, and single matches i've been able to play offline against cpu, but season mode always searches online for opponents. since i usually get my ass kicked i was wondering if i could do single season mode offline, haven't been able to figure it out.

Meier

Marco Reus is bananas for me in my offline career mode as Porto. Got him for around $35m after I sold Hulk for $66m.

Cyport

My ultimate team mode keeps crashing. Putting me off the game now plus I seem to be playing dreadful now! I get kinda clueless when up front a bit like Manchester United.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The patch is so badly needed. Online is totally borked, constant disconnections, weird career mode glitches (players not coming back from loan at the end of the season), its a mess. The core gameplay is great but its all shoddily strung together.

brentech

I haven't finished a season in career mode yet as I just went out on loan, but spend most my time in UT or playing gaf pro club. Can't really think of an issue I've ran into on PS3 at this point.

kaizoku

I have 33k to spend, the most T coins I've ever had - what should I splurge on?

Here is my team:

http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/351985/#.UH8ZkIUkBW4

I think every area could improve, leading candidates:

GK - Buffon
CB - Chiellini is too expensive, should I save some more?
CM - Boateng, Sneijder, Pirlo
LM - Giovinco, Robinho
RM - Palacio
CF - Di Natale too expensive for now
ST - Cavani, Pato, Miccoli

As things stand Pato and Cavani are leading candidates as I'm not happy with my strikers finishing chances off, although I'm heavily reliant on passing and they have 66 passing which is pretty poor. Anyone suggest which way I should go here? Does any player stand out for you?

Robso

I have 33k to spend, the most T coins I've ever had - what should I splurge on?

Here is my team:

http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/351985/#.UH8ZkIUkBW4

I think every area could improve, leading candidates:

GK - Buffon
CB - Chiellini is too expensive, should I save some more?
CM - Boateng, Sneijder, Pirlo
LM - Giovinco, Robinho
RM - Palacio
CF - Di Natale too expensive for now
ST - Cavani, Pato, Miccoli

As things stand Pato and Cavani are leading candidates as I'm not happy with my strikers finishing chances off, although I'm heavily reliant on passing and they have 66 passing which is pretty poor. Anyone suggest which way I should go here? Does any player stand out for you?

The beast that is Kwadwo Asamoah for the centre, perhaps?

Upfront, would definitely replace Jovetic with either Cavani or Pato.

Menelaus

Banned
This thread really needs to be renamed to something reflecting FUT, since that's the only mode anyone seems to give 2 shits about.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Thanks! How I built it: I did burn through 4600 FIFA points to get enough coins to start generating cash while trading. Managed to get one in-form player which gave me a much needed money injection. And Witsel for example is one player I've been able to quite consistently make a nice profit on (buy cheap, sell expensive).

Then I did some 59 minutes lurking and scored a few cheap(er) buy it nows for the more expensive players.

god damn dat team.

I spent 2200 points for this shit lol:

Myteam.jpg

I almost have enough coins for Falcao so I'm looking forward to that. I just made the mistake of not buying 4-3-3 players so I had to sell and rebuy players or shell out 4000 or so coins for formation modifier cards.

sneaky77

This thread really needs to be renamed to something reflecting FUT, since that's the only mode anyone seems to give 2 shits about.

I play seasons head to head when I play online but yeah it seems everyone is totally addicted to expending their spacebucks on FUT

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Man, are they going to fix the career mode freezing after the first season or what? Good Lord.

Yeah it's bullshit. I started manager mode with Villareal and I sold Rossi to Bayern for like 20 million bucks. Shit froze on me before I could save dat money :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Finally caved in and bought 13 on Monday. So far it's been a lot more fun than 12.

And after not even playing a minute of Ultimate Team in 12 I decided to use it as my main multiplayer component. Dear god, why didn't anyone let me know this was so addictive? I find myself at work buying and trading players using the web app. Got Essien and T. Howard for pretty cheap this morning, trying to flip the for something positive.

Same thing with me I never even knew wtf ultimate team was until this year. As soon as I get to work I log into the web app lol

adelante

Seasons' not so bad. Just need to keep reminding myself to not score within the first 5 mins so many fuckin times cos people would just d/c despite not showing any signs of lag. -___- Never fails to get me so worked up for the next match, that I make stupid mistakes. Then again I probably just suck. Still stuck in Div 5...

and who talks about Career Mode, lol
Maybe not here, not sure what you're implying anyway but a decent in-depth discussion can be had (for those looking for tips and such): http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68962&page=20

Top Bottom