• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Bought my copy yesterday. My first copy of Fifa in 10 years or so. Really enjoyed playing it last night even though got my ass handed to me many times. Got the 360 version.

Everyone is raving on about FUT seems interesting will look into it tonight but i dont know shit about it.

Definitely give it a go. I've played FIFA for a few years now and I never bothered with FUT until my friend brought over his copy of 13 and showed me what was what. I felt like such a goof because it truly is addicting as hell. And yes I'd like to chime in and say there is no game that can match the emotional curb stomp I get when losing 5 fucking online friendly seasons in a row to my friend, every god damn time in the 90th minute.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
New info on the Wii U version:
http://www.clickonline.com/games/preview--fifa-13-(wii-u)/14193

The title is missing some of the innovations that were brought to other versions of FIFA 13 this year. Players will not arc their runs to stay onside and the first touch control system has been omitted, although players who chance their arm with the ball in defence may welcome that news. Prior explained that the team had to choose a point where the code was stable, but they used this as an opportunity to add the unique Wii U specific features and additional manager mode. Other recent innovations such as the impact engine are in place though, so if you wanted to position the Wii U version it would be somewhere between 12 and 13 with a few unique elements.
The first touch feature is controversial, not a big miss. The smarter runs are also out, though I wonder if it can be compensated by manually setting runs on the touchscreen. And good news about the Fifa 13 impact engine being there :)

Robso

At last, the patch is out. I can finally play H2H seasons and Career Mode. About f-in time.

Edit: Just seen someone say they're still getting stuck in the arena during H2H seasons match loading. FFS.

I´m getting tired of playing against Spartak Moscow online, they are probably the most overrated team in the game. Dikan makes Buffon look like League 2 keeper in this.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I´m getting tired of playing against Spartak Moscow online, they are probably the most overrated team in the game. Dikan makes Buffon look like League 2 keeper in this.

Portugal is overpowered as well. I pick Colombia and they just burn me on the counter with....Quaresma. smh

Meier

My FUT.. I've only actually played about 5 games (single player tournament.. fuck yeah 13-0 win!) of this mode but I like to buy and trade on the web app. I spent about $3-$4 on points.. have a number that I can't really use effectively right now. Doh! There isn't really a decent Italian or French LM unfortunately..

idiB4wHdLEHdR.png

Keio

For a Finer World
Putting on ultra defensive (or defensive if you've got speedy CBs and full backs) definitely helps on the counter attack spam. Compared to FIFA 12 it also does not prevent you from building your own attacks, especially if you remember to pick possession as your play style.

Thanks for the advice, FIFA-GAF.

Anzhi in Seasons mode is my nightmare. I hate people just trying to put Eto'o through every time they get a touch on the ball. I end up getting 80% possession and usually get at least one goal scored by him against me. Luckily their defense gets taken apart with Ajax quite easily.

If I face the Cameroon squad or Anzhi, I'm inclined to quit out. It isn't worth spending 20 minutes defending lob balls to Eto'o all game for a win, or to see them effectively score on one of their counter's when the AI messes up or when player switching gets fucked.

Keio

For a Finer World
If I face the Cameroon squad or Anzhi, I'm inclined to quit out. It isn't worth spending 20 minutes defending lob balls to Eto'o all game for a win, or to see them effectively score on one of their counter's when the AI messes up or when player switching gets fucked.

Yeah. It also makes we wonder what kind of a player does that. I mean sure, winning is fun, but I'd get very pissed off if I got 20% possession and was just chasing shadows for most of my game until having a chance to hit LB+Y and X in succession.

sneaky77

Yeah. It also makes we wonder what kind of a player does that. I mean sure, winning is fun, but I'd get very pissed off if I got 20% possession and was just chasing shadows for most of my game until having a chance to hit LB+Y and X in succession.

Unfortunately.. a lot of players do that based on my experience.. or just set to ultra defensive and clear it out as quick as possible to a fast player on the counter..

Robso

Sorry I forget your username, didn't somebody in this thread say they were managing a national team in Career Mode? Belgium wasn't it?

Meier

Sorry I forget your username, didn't somebody in this thread say they were managing a national team in Career Mode? Belgium wasn't it?

There may be someone else, but I'm managing Porto and Belgium. Qualified for the "World Championship" but I'm still only in October 2013 so a ways out yet.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

This shit drives me fucking crazy.

Anyway I still love ultimate team this is my team just because:

datteam.jpg

Keio

For a Finer World

datteam.jpg

That's great!

Have you checked the individual chemistry of players? How much does that matter? I always feel neurotic if it's not all 9s which makes team creation a frustrating puzzle to play.

datteam.jpg

Here is mine. I'm jealous of Falcao and kind of want to build a team around him. I'll wait til an IF form of him comes out I think.

QsWu3.jpg

Pander is an absolute monster shot taker and Free Kick taker so I kept him, and Trasch is the only Gold RB in the game that has High Defensive Workrate. I do want to replace him with Lahm at some point, and pick up Gotze, and Diego.

JLG-

Sold off Gerrard and got Cazorla instead. I definitely prefer Cazorla, the extra pace and dribbling is a better fit for my style of play.

Joates

Banned
First seasons game post patch guy drops/quits when I score the go ahead goal and I get no credit for the game like I never played... And now I'm staring at the arena waiting to be put into the seasons game. What a fucking surprise, the patch didn't fix shit. Fuckin ea...

AlexBasch

Nope, still after playing with the slides World Class feels is still fucking broken. How the hell is Rio Ferdinand faster than Oxlade-Chamberlain? It's like I'm playing the football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters no matter which team I'm against. Aside from playing this online, I won't fucking touch the single player modes. It's broken beyond belief.

Boy, I sure love playing against PSG and people just spamming air balls for Ibrahimovic for him to just make a little nudge and end up inside the net. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
That's great!

Have you checked the individual chemistry of players? How much does that matter? I always feel neurotic if it's not all 9s which makes team creation a frustrating puzzle to play.

It's a nice team and the wingers are fast as hell. Palacio is an ox so he can muscle the ball away and Falcao is like 90 on headers. I need better CB's though.

Here is mine. I'm jealous of Falcao and kind of want to build a team around him. I'll wait til an IF form of him comes out I think.

http://i.imgur.com/QsWu3.jpg?1[/MG]

Pander is an absolute monster shot taker and Free Kick taker so I kept him, and Trasch is the only Gold RB in the game that has High Defensive Workrate. I do want to replace him with Lahm at some point, and pick up Gotze, and Diego.[/QUOTE]

Damn that is a beastly team. I wanted Dortmund players so bad but they cost too much coin. We should maybe do some UT friendlies this weekend if you are free. I don't know how to set them up but Slizz did it the other day

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dammit I'm tired of having to buy fitness consumables!

I got contracts coming out my arse but no fitness packs!

Damn, when I hit the booze hard this weekend I'll probably end up buying gold packs lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Dammit I'm tired of having to buy fitness consumables!

I got contracts coming out my arse but no fitness packs!

Damn, when I hit the booze hard this weekend I'll probably end up buying gold packs lol

Don't buy them, buy players and rotate.

Though I suppose that means you need good backup and be good enough to play with different variations on your squad.

Had my best win on UT yet earlier, some guy with a fairly beastly team scores an 8th minute goal with Cazorla and makes me watch him celebrate etc. I then unleash the beast on his ass and cavani and Milito combine to make it 5-1 at half time, with all the goals being comprehensive demolitions of his defence and clinical finishes. No flukes or scrappy goals.

I chill out in the 2nd half as I don't want him to quit cos I'd lose a bunch of points, he manages to score one but I immediately reply to end it 6-2 against a very strong side with 100 chem, dzeko, balotelli, Cazorla, tiote, evra...

Handanovic is amazing btw, he kicks it halfway into the opponents half so if they push up you can pass it to your strikers for a one on one if you're lucky.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm on now for a bit if you're around

I'm at work lol

I will be free all day tomorrow but got damn dat football all day. Should be free in the evening or probably sunday. Starting up with the chelsea match, then utd, then napoli, then barca.

kaizoku said:
Don't buy them, buy players and rotate.

Though I suppose that means you need good backup and be good enough to play with different variations on your squad.

Had my best win on UT yet earlier, some guy with a fairly beastly team scores an 8th minute goal with Cazorla and makes me watch him celebrate etc. I then unleash the beast on his ass and cavani and Milito combine to make it 5-1 at half time, with all the goals being comprehensive demolitions of his defence and clinical finishes. No flukes or scrappy goals.

I chill out in the 2nd half as I don't want him to quit cos I'd lose a bunch of points, he manages to score one but I immediately reply to end it 6-2 against a very strong side with 100 chem, dzeko, balotelli, Cazorla, tiote, evra...

Handanovic is amazing btw, he kicks it halfway into the opponents half so if they push up you can pass it to your strikers for a one on one if you're lucky.

I have a deep squad but like Guardiola I only buy Midfielders. Do they regain their fitness if you give them rest? maybe sub your stars in the 2nd half?

I had Falcao tear a hamstring and then before the match was over the ultimate team servers went down lol. it was like at 1am last night

JLG-

I'm at work lol

I have a deep squad but like Guardiola I only buy Midfielders. Do they regain their fitness if you give them rest? maybe sub your stars in the 2nd half?

I had Falcao tear a hamstring and then before the match was over the ultimate team servers went down lol. it was like at 1am last night

Yes they do regain fitness if you sit them out a game. Most players will get near to 99 fitness with 1 game rest of course that all depends on how low their fitness is.

My FUT.. I've only actually played about 5 games (single player tournament.. fuck yeah 13-0 win!) of this mode but I like to buy and trade on the web app. I spent about $3-$4 on points.. have a number that I can't really use effectively right now. Doh! There isn't really a decent Italian or French LM unfortunately..

idiB4wHdLEHdR.png

Giovinco is decent, but it will cost a bit to convert him from LF to LM. There's also Franck Ribery who plays LM.

Since we all seem to be showing off teams here's mine

Tidies_zps80fef5f2.png

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Wow, first night playing Seasons and it is crazy how many bad passes I made. Why does Ultimate Team control so much better than the rest of the game?

Yeah I've noticed that too. Even playing UT against the computer is fun for me :/

It almost feels like a simplified football rpg for me

Draconian

Just lined up to take a free kick and had the referee come in and blow his whistle to move the wall back a couple of steps. Nothing major, but I was really surprised as I've never seen this before. A nice touch.

The passing is incredibly inconsistent for me (playing career mode). At times I have no idea why the game ends up passing it to who it choose to. An example- I see a striker streaking down the other side of the pitch unmarked, and the game apparently thinks I want to pass it to my midfielder 20 yards behind who's tightly marked and the pass gets intercepted. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen numerous times every game. It gets really old. At times it feels broken almost, and it's a real shame.

Fry

(Talking about online)

This is definitely the Fifa where I feel your effort, no matter how good it is, doesn't matter in most games. 9 out of 10 are Real Madrid players who abuse of CR and Benzema. Ping-pong passing and what not.
This is the only Fifa where I definitely won't care about my DNF. I won't stand this shit. Online matches have become a joke.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just lined up to take a free kick and had the referee come in and blow his whistle to move the wall back a couple of steps. Nothing major, but I was really surprised as I've never seen this before. A nice touch.

The passing is incredibly inconsistent for me (playing career mode). At times I have no idea why the game ends up passing it to who it choose to. An example- I see a striker streaking down the other side of the pitch unmarked, and the game apparently thinks I want to pass it to my midfielder 20 yards behind who's tightly marked and the pass gets intercepted. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen numerous times every game. It gets really old. At times it feels broken almost, and it's a real shame.

Change the passing assist settings. if you want total control over ball direction then switch to manual

Blablurn

(Talking about online)

This is definitely the Fifa where I feel your effort, no matter how good it is, doesn't matter in most games. 9 out of 10 are Real Madrid players who abuse of CR and Benzema. Ping-pong passing and what not.
This is the only Fifa where I definitely won't care about my DNF. I won't stand this shit. Online matches have become a joke.

i know that feeling, bro! would love to play some games with bayern-gaf, but PC :(

Top Bottom