• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

IllumiNate

Pulled a Kaka in my free weekly pack! 4-1-2-1-2 which is my form. Not quite as good as Lampard in the CAM position imo so he gets a bench to Sub for now.

Blablurn

no kidding, the last four users i played against all used real madrid. what the fuck people? not even barcelona. of course it feels quite good if u beat them with bayern. but still: its not like they are the only strong team for fucks sake. i think city is actually a little harder to play with that strong defense and the fast attack row.

Elfish

no kidding, the last four users i played against all used real madrid. what the fuck people? not even barcelona. of course it feels quite good if u beat them with bayern. but still: its not like they are the only strong team for fucks sake. i think city is actually a little harder to play with that strong defense and the fast attack row.

One of the many reasons why I only play FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM online.
I was sick of all the REAL and BARCA lamers.

This is my UT Team at the moment http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jEyugSALnHJJh:ps3

My PSN is Elfish if anyone wants to add me (put NEOGAF in the msg please)

Robso

In FIFA 12 I didn't really come up against Barcelona often when using a five star team. It was always Real, and that darn red kit.

Robso

If I am only going to be playing career manager mode, is there a lot of notable additions between 12 to 13 that I would get to enjoy or is the online space getting most of the "goodies" with this release?

International management is a new addition. Although you have to manage a club at the same time. :|

When i beat them i make them watch the entire goal animation and player celebration.

Been using this silver team a lot recently and beaten a few good Mexican/Brasilver teams with it and only lost twice

silverteam_zps5d7328df.png

I must admit I never realized how fun using silver/bronze teams was in comparison to Gold. Tournaments also make a good change from seasons.

Elfish

Been using this silver team a lot recently and beaten a few good Mexican/Brasilver teams with it and only lost twice

silverteam_zps5d7328df.png

I must admit I never realized how fun using silver/bronze teams was in comparison to Gold. Tournaments also make a good change from seasons.

I'm collecting coins to build a silver squad, but good silver players are expensive though.

I'm collecting coins to build a silver squad, but good silver players are expensive though.

I know what you mean. I picked Norway because I could build a decent team for 10 - 20k and then buy the two most exceptional players (Elynoussi and Hovland) when I could afford them. The SPL was another league I considered but no way would I have picked England, Mexico or Brazil due to the price of some players that I would want/need.

I know what you mean. I picked Norway because I could build a decent team for 10 - 20k and then buy the two most exceptional players (Elynoussi and Hovland) when I could afford them. The SPL was another league I considered but no way would I have picked England, Mexico or Brazil due to the price of some players that I would want/need.

The Brazil team I built was fairly cheap. probably around 20k

http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/197523/#.UHx3y2eQkio

Unless you are talking specifically about Silver squads, and then I don't know what to tell you.

Changed my team up a bit. With this formation I can play my 3 forwards together. I think I have the best players I can get without messing with my chemistry unless anyone has suggestions.

ihaq19XHiKCvn.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
PS3 Gaf reporting in, we managed to secure promotion to division 5. Division 6 really was a bitch though.

Current attack is
--Jovetic-- --Destro--
----- --Hamsik--

Saving up so i can have Cavani and Pato in front instead...Destro is a lot better than his stats suggest..his shot is a cannon. Anyone with a Serie A team building up, i recommend him. Can not believe my luck with packs. Most ive sold a player for is 4 K and i must have bought/received 15+ packs (only buy with coins). If I just saved my money i could have bought them by now!!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Current attack is
--Jovetic-- --Destro--
----- --Hamsik--

Saving up so i can have Cavani and Pato in front instead...Destro is a lot better than his stats suggest..his shot is a cannon. Anyone with a Serie A team building up, i recommend him. Can not believe my luck with packs. Most ive sold a player for is 4 K and i must have bought/received 15+ packs (only buy with coins). If I just saved my money i could have bought them by now!!

I have Milito, he's really cheap, especially for an 84 and is a great all rounder, some people say he is better than cavani! Might try destro though as jovetic and vucinic are so inconsistent.

I'm 1 point off winning the div 3 title with 3 games left and the last 2 games have pissed me off so much. First one the douche disconnects after the game ends as a hard fought draw so for some reason it didn't register, we still got our coins though? That game was so laggy and I got my star striker sent off in the 23rd min so I bloody deserved that draw!

Second game I'm facing the best player ever, some kind of mutant gervinho? He was unstoppable. Best player I've seen in UT so far. He wins 2-1 and both his goals were basically gervinho waltzing past my whole team and scoring while giving my CB a piggy back.

Now I have 2 games (cos one mysteriously didn't count!) left to get a point and I just wonder if the game will find more ways to screw me over!

My club just secured another season in div 4 :) still time to push for the title but div 4 is like another level compared to 5. Had to play 2 super fast and strong elves earlier - lame.

I have Milito, he's really cheap, especially for an 84 and is a great all rounder, some people say he is better than cavani! Might try destro though as jovetic and vucinic are so inconsistent.

I'm 1 point off winning the div 3 title with 3 games left and the last 2 games have pissed me off so much. First one the douche disconnects after the game ends as a hard fought draw so for some reason it didn't register, we still got our coins though? That game was so laggy and I got my star striker sent off in the 23rd min so I bloody deserved that draw!

Second game I'm facing the best player ever, some kind of mutant gervinho? He was unstoppable. Best player I've seen in UT so far. He wins 2-1 and both his goals were basically gervinho waltzing past my whole team and scoring while giving my CB a piggy back.

Now I have 2 games (cos one mysteriously didn't count!) left to get a point and I just wonder if the game will find more ways to screw me over!

My club just secured another season in div 4 :) still time to push for the title but div 4 is like another level compared to 5. Had to play 2 super fast and strong elves earlier - lame.

As a Milan fan, i refuse to have any Inturds on my team. Destro is my leading scorer and with that attack i went straight from div 5 to 1 with straight promotions. So far I've earned my stay in Div 1 3 times already, still chasing that last title!

I know what you mean when you say the game screws you over. I feel like that ALL the time. I've had a few games disappear as well, it was only the difference between a title and promotion though, so no biggie. One point in two games? you can do it lol

kaizoku

As a Milan fan, i refuse to have any Inturds on my team. Destro is my leading scorer and with that attack i went straight from div 5 to 1 with straight promotions. So far I've earned my stay in Div 1 3 times already, still chasing that last title!

I know what you mean when you say the game screws you over. I feel like that ALL the time. I've had a few games disappear as well, it was only the difference between a title and promotion though, so no biggie. One point in two games? you can do it lol

Ah right I see haha. As a successful Serie A team builder I hope we can bounce ideas off each other! Got any other useful hidden gems?

brentech

Nabbed the legendary skills trophy. Usually only got like 5000 points tops on the pass over the wall drill, but somehow just had a single attempt go for over 20k

Felt good to nail one down.

Ah right I see haha. As a successful Serie A team builder I hope we can bounce ideas off each other! Got any other useful hidden gems?

Here's my squad. http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/313957/# My defense is pretty much set. Abate, in my opinion, is a must for RB. He's faster than most top strikers. Ogbonna is great because of his speed as a CB. I'd also recommend Marchetti for goal. Just bought him for about 4k and you can really tell he makes a difference between the sticks. Criscito, also solid. With the exception of Isla, im keeping Juventus players away from my squad as well. Bradley is a beast in the air and wins a lot of headers and he's faster ( I think) and cheaper than someone like Derossi, but i probably should save up for him. I couldn't find anyone better than Lulic for the left, but he gets me quite a few goals, I'd say he has surprised me the most.

In manager mode, what offers have you received from international teams? I'm in my first year with Arsenal and recently signed with the Belgium national team (get to use Vermaelen and Hazard). How long til you get to use a top tier international team?

Alur

In manager mode, what offers have you received from international teams? I'm in my first year with Arsenal and recently signed with the Belgium national team (get to use Vermaelen and Hazard). How long til you get to use a top tier international team?

I've been wondering the same, but every time I finish my first season I swap teams so I never find out. I've played a whole season as Manchester United, Celtic FC, Swansea City, Oldham Athletic, and Real Murcia CF so far...and never gotten past the transfer window on the second season. I feel like that's kind of sad.

kaizoku

Here's my squad. http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/313957/# My defense is pretty much set. Abate, in my opinion, is a must for RB. He's faster than most top strikers. Ogbonna is great because of his speed as a CB. I'd also recommend Marchetti for goal. Just bought him for about 4k and you can really tell he makes a difference between the sticks. Criscito, also solid. With the exception of Isla, im keeping Juventus players away from my squad as well. Bradley is a beast in the air and wins a lot of headers and he's faster ( I think) and cheaper than someone like Derossi, but i probably should save up for him. I couldn't find anyone better than Lulic for the left, but he gets me quite a few goals, I'd say he has surprised me the most.

Yeah I also have Lulic as LM and he's doing well for me, but I rotate him with a bunch of others who tend to do a good job as well. I've got a a bunch of backup RMs that are pacey and I stick them on the left when Lulic is tired and they do great. Biabiany, Cuadaro and Lamela are all pretty effective as RM or LM.

I have Maggio as my RM who is really solid, better than Isla who I sold as he seemed ineffective compared to the options I have.

In future I will probably get Giovinco/Robinho for LM and Palacio for RM and see how they are. They don't often come up in search as the search for positions is broken, if you make your searches more specific and choose mid/attack instead of LM you'll see them.

I hear Micolli and Di Natale are immense so will be checking them out before Cavani, Pato may be my next signing though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Just a heads up for anyone wondering, the Barclay's PL Div 1 season in FUT also gives a gold pack in addition to coins for winning the title. No premium though, I guess that's the bonus for the higher difficulty of the Ultimate Div 1.

Edit: Gold pack for the World Tour Div 1 title too. Mine pulled a 2000 coin card, 4 players including Rosicky (not a great pull but the best from these reward packs so far), and a bunch of badly needed consumables.

Mascot

Hey EA, here's an idea:
In online H2H matches BOTH players should have to elect to watch the pre-match parade before forcing it on someone who just wants to get on with the fucking game.
We all know it's just a cheap tactic by asswipes to upset the other player, anyway.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Hey EA, here's an idea:
In online H2H matches BOTH players should have to elect to watch the pre-match parade before forcing it on someone who just wants to get on with the fucking game.
We all know it's just a cheap tactic by asswipes to upset the other player, anyway.

I think they should allow every replay/substitution animation to be skipped by one player. No one needs to watch anything like that during the match. Replays can be accessed at the conclusion of the match if someone wants to watch them. Like the intro parade thing, they're only used to piss people off.

Mascot

I think they should allow every replay/substitution animation to be skipped by one player. No one needs to watch anything like that during the match. Replays can be accessed at the conclusion of the match if someone wants to watch them. Like the intro parade thing, they're only used to piss people off.
Yeah, totally agree. Those fidiots that watch EVERY replay three times should be chemically castrated to safeguard the future of mankind.

Yeah, totally agree. Those fidiots that watch EVERY replay three times should be chemically castrated to safeguard the future of mankind.

I only do that sort of thing if the other guy has pissed me off by sending me a message with abuse or doing a dickhead thing like passing it around the back all the time

kaizoku

Regarding chemistry, if your team has 100 chemistry is that all that matters? Is that it maxed out then?

I have 100 chemistry but almost all my lines are orange, I wonder if I change those to green will I get even more benefit?

Regarding chemistry, if your team has 100 chemistry is that all that matters? Is that it maxed out then?

I have 100 chemistry but almost all my lines are orange, I wonder if I change those to green will I get even more benefit?

your 100 chemistry cannot be improved.

Top Bottom