• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Slizz

Fucking restart it and it does it again. This shit is ridiculous. Disconnect immediately first try, second try I get to the loading screen and I'm playing as Clichy though I picked United. Load the game and get disconnected.

Then I have to wait for like 3 minutes of announcers on a blank screen before it takes me back to the home screen.

Bumhead

Banned
Also worth noting that if you're adding people from that list, would people mind including their GAF username in the message? Can sometimes get a little confusing when you get a flurry of invites from people you're not sure who they are. I'll be playing on PS3 and be up for a game with gaffers anytime :)

Just played FIFA 13 proper for the first time with my brothers Season Ticket copy. The lower league stuff is a little careless and sloppy.. doesn't seem like much effort has been put into updating many of the clubs below The Premiership beyond the kits and rosters. My club (Sheffield Wednesday) have incorrect skin colours, hair styles, some really strange stats and some players with strange positional settings. Also, the in game commentary doesn't seem to have been updated at all. Our line of commentary still relates to us being skint and struggling, basically the same as the last year or two, which is a shame given we've been financially stable for the last two years or so now and got promoted last season.

The Premiership teams we played as were suitably up to date though and although fans of some clubs will bemoan missing faces or whatever, the game is pretty authentic generally for the top clubs. The game itself is absolutely fantastic. FIFA has always felt pretty soulless to me compared to the height of PES' reign but I'm having an absolute blast with FIFA 13. The game is smooth as butter and there's an authentic unpredictability to the game which really shines. I've not had this much fun with a football game since PES6, single player or multi.

sneaky77

Fucking restart it and it does it again. This shit is ridiculous. Disconnect immediately first try, second try I get to the loading screen and I'm playing as Clichy though I picked United. Load the game and get disconnected.

Then I have to wait for like 3 minutes of announcers on a blank screen before it takes me back to the home screen.
server fuck ups on day one? how strange lol

Slizz

server fuck ups on day one? how strange lol

Not even a server fuck up I don't think... I think I found the problem though.

I'll try to connect to a user and it won't go through, says connection lost. OK fine, then I realize I'm switching teams and leagues and it still has UTD's lineup on each team. Go to customize teams and DL the updates and it works. Then the same thing happens again with the connect and disconnect and my rosters fuck up again and every team is United's starting XI

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I want to join the tournament what do you need? Psn id???

There isnt any yet. We still try to figure out whether we have enough PS3 Fifa Gaffers for it.

Current list:

PS3 Fifa users interested in a tournament/league
1. Toma
2. kingslunk

If you are interested, add yourself to the list and post it again with your name on it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a

Yes. It's true. Last year's winner will return! :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
League or tournament style group phase + final KO round? What would the PS3 users prefer? I am pretty much fine with both. Maybe we should start with a shorter tournament though, and then do the bigger tournament afterwards with the players that dont opt out of the first tourney.

Starting off a list of PC players below for team play, leagues, 1v1, anything really. Feel free to add yourself in!

PC Users
1. joeygreco1985 (Origin ID is JoeyGExtra)

JLG-

1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-

FCMaxi

Preloading this now on Origin

Starting off a list of PC players below for team play, leagues, 1v1, anything really. Feel free to add yourself in!

PC Users

2. FCMaxi (Origin ID - FCMaxi)

PC Users

3. Jaded Alyx (Origin ID - Jaded_Alyx)

Khanage

PC Users
4. Khanage (Origin ID - Path_of_Joe)

03sho

Happened to me when playing seasons.

I reset my router and all was fine.

Soi-Fong

PC Users
5. Soi-Fong (Origin ID - Moki-asa)

Ah what the hell. I'll add myself to the list. Will have the game by this weekend.

newsguy

Please ... is ANYONE else having this issue. You go through the ultimate team tutorial and when it tries to show your roster it freezes. This has been happening since I had the pre release season ticket and now in the retail. Wtf is going on. I can't find this on google and it's happening every single time.

Please ... is ANYONE else having this issue. You go through the ultimate team tutorial and when it tries to show your roster it freezes. This has been happening since I had the pre release season ticket and now in the retail. Wtf is going on. I can't find this on google and it's happening every single time.

I had this problem last year and was never able to play UT...wow if it's back.

Hieberrr

No way. I cant have this happen. I bought the damn season ticket!
Reinstall maybe?

I've had a bunch of weird issues on my PS3 with 12 due to installation. Sometimes the frame rate would drop to like 10 -____-. I had to clear all of my data and reinstall just to get it to work.

newsguy

Reinstall maybe?

I've had a bunch of weird issues on my PS3 with 12 due to installation. Sometimes the frame rate would drop to like 10 -____-. I had to clear all of my data and reinstall just to get it to work.

It's happening on both the retail disc and early download copy. I've been on the phone with EA bit nothing.

PC Users
6. Tragicomedy (Origin ID - Tragicomedy7)

Downloading now. To be fair, I haven't played a FIFA game consistently since 2009 and I wasn't much good back then, but every league needs some cannon fodder for other teams to steamroll, right? I'm in.

PC Users
7. PrematureQuiche (Origin ID - PrematureQuiche)

Hope we can do a club. other wise I am up for anything.

PC Users
7. PrematureQuiche (Origin ID - PrematureQuiche)
8. L0st Id3ntity (Origin ID - SerialKillerCop)

ID inspired by NFS Hot Pursuit lol.

H2Hing for ever.

Decado

Can you change a player's age in Career mode? I usually play solo career and like to buy some of my favourite players...but they tend to get too old before I can afford them :(

Last season they removed the ability to change a player's age, and it sucked. Hope that's back in.

Can you change a player's age in Career mode? I usually play solo career and like to buy some of my favourite players...but they tend to get too old before I can afford them :(

Last season they removed the ability to change a player's age, and it sucked. Hope that's back in.

Ermmm I think there was an Football Club unlock called Edit Player in Career Mode. Check out the FC Store Catalog under Career Mode category.

Foob

1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo

Also pro clubs if there is a PS3 one!

Hieberrr

Man, FIFA online season players are dirty. THis is my first match online and I knew he was gonna play like a cheap ass. Free kick to tie the game is cleared and about to land in front of my player, but this guy pauses the game to throw me off. And he doesn't play any defence
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom