• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 14 PC Online Clubs |OT| Home of Believe FC, Passion and Broken dreams

iNvid02

can you guess it

or4OCib.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We should get an achievement if we can find any club teams unlocking at that hour :O

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I would be amazed..ney shocked..ney perplexed and confused, if we found one team to play.

Mr Cola

Well if we create a club on the 23rd we have to think hard about whether we keep that club or remake on the 27th. Here is the thing, i have no idea how good we will be at 14, but im pretty sure we wont suck at it, obviously we are not going to be stuck in division 7-8 for 3 months. Theoretically I believe, given that we are a div 1 team in fifa 13, we could get up to division 3 in 14 within a couple of days, especially given how much we are going to be playing. I base this off of our previously mentioned skill level plus the number of days we can play before other teams and the fact that its a new game and we are not going to come up against alot of teams who have worked the game out. If we do end up in a high division I believe it would possibly discourage new players, because we are throwing them into a high division at the start and they cant find their feet. Like I say, im making alot of assumptions here, we could very well find it hard to climb.

We will have to judge on the 27th, but if we are super high, id vote for remaking the team.

Mr Cola

Possibly the best change they could make

Also apparently strong strikers are OP as shit, the new midgets

Incoming 300pound 6'7 invid walking the ball into their goal

Mr Cola

So tomorrow ill be in the mumble from about 3:45 before I unlock this shit, gonna make the club, Believe FC, and if any of you are on we can try some games, if not ill do drop ins for 12 hours :s.

So tomorrow ill be in the mumble from about 3:45 before I unlock this shit, gonna make the club, Believe FC, and if any of you are on we can try some games, if not ill do drop ins for 12 hours :s.

I'll race you for it!

I might not be home till about 5/6pm that day! Should hopefully have my key by then!

Mr Cola

Youll be there

You will all be there

Mr Cola

We are under new policy btw, as self imposed manager i pick the team

Yes, I can see the back 5 now

Quiche Kharma Hixx Qindarka Meteo

With a middle 2 of

Wooden Broken

With 1 above

Mr Cola

With one slightly above that

Invid

Then, finally

A.I leading the front

kharma45

With a middle 2 of

Wooden Broken

With 1 above

Mr Cola

Invid

Then, finally

A.I & A.I leading the front

Start me in defence and I break your legs.

Mr Cola

Can you edit that so it doesnt show that I have 11 outfield players

We dont want people thinking im incompetent

Mr Cola

Your just mad because we beat you 4-1 today

yes im a city fan now, wut of it

Hixx

With a middle 2 of

Wooden Broken

With 1 above

Mr Cola

Invid

Then, finally

A.I leading the front

I think the defence would just spend all game arguing

@Woodenlung

flyvpn free trial

Mr Cola

So my laptopt is officially broken, ran diagnostics and the hd fails it won't load up windows, the best I can get is the boot screen. It's been like this for 4 hours now and I don't think it's fixable.

Guess I need.a new one or a new desktop, suggestions welcome :( got £850 I can safely spend with a monitor/ keyboard and mouse already in storage

If any of you know anyone good with his stuff let me know

kharma45

So I spilt liquid on my laptop and it is officially broken, ran diagnostics and the hd fails it won't load up windows, the best I can get is the boot screen. It's been like this for 4 hours now and I don't think it's fixable.

Guess I need.a new one or a new desktop, suggestions welcome :( got £850 I can safely spend with a monitor/ keyboard and mouse already in storage

If any of you know anyone good with his stuff let me know

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.00 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£116.69 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.98 @ Novatech)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.97 @ Amazon UK)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Other: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (£167.90)
Other: Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **FREE SHIPPING** (£199.99)
Other: Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530W PSU (£58.12)
Total: £787.54
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-23 00:26 BST+0100)

Even has money spare so you could say get a better case, bigger SSD or upgrade the GPU to something like a 7970 if that took your fancy. Haven't included the cost of Windows as you can transfer the cost of the license over to a new machine.

Edit - Maxing out your budget would let you upgrade the GPU to a 7970 and the case to a Fractal R4

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.98 @ Novatech)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£63.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.97 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£77.98 @ Amazon UK)
Other: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (£167.90)
Other: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE Games **FREE SHIPPING** (£233.99)
Total: £849.62
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-23 00:31 BST+0100)

Only negative to that GPU is that it's a triple slot monster.

Mr Cola

Christ that was quick, thanks a lot. I don't know dick about his stuff but is that good enough to stream games while playing on medium, mostly FIFA :3

Again thanks for help

kharma45

If it's just stuff like FIFA then the first build would easily cut it, and still barely break sweat doing it. Both are fairly top end bits of kit :p

Mr Cola

Awesome, any idea about noise? I live with others with thin walls

kharma45

The R4 is an extremely quiet case, Quiche can attest to that as I recommended it to him for his PC. It's made with silence in mind. That PSU is also quiet, SDD is silent (HDD won't spin up for general use), CPU cooler is quiet even with the bundled fan and as for the GPU the ASUS DCUII cooler is a quiet one even on the 7970 http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_hd_7970_directcu_ii_review,9.html

It all depends on what you wish to spend, I can fiddle with the builds all day long. Just depends on what kind of power you want. 670 and 7970 are pretty damn good value at present, but AMD has new stuff on the way next month so we could see further deals yet on 7970s as vendors try to run out old stock.

kharma45

Get a free month of Amazon prime and get most of it by Tuesday ;) You could order it all bar the GPU through them, have it by Tuesday and build it that day. The on-board GPU on the 4670K would be enough to play FIFA at lower settings. Even the older HD 4000 graphics could play it OK

csm_tabelle_23_e3c7b587e4.jpg

Mr Cola

The R4 is an extremely quiet case, Quiche can attest to that as I recommended it to him for his PC. It's made with silence in mind. That PSU is also quiet, SDD is silent (HDD won't spin up for general use), CPU cooler is quiet even with the bundled fan and as for the GPU the ASUS DCUII cooler is a quiet one even on the 7970 http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_hd_7970_directcu_ii_review,9.html

It all depends on what you wish to spend, I can fiddle with the builds all day long. Just depends on what kind of power you want. 670 and 7970 are pretty damn good value at present, but AMD has new stuff on the way next month so we could see further deals yet on 7970s as vendors try to run out old stock.
I really can't go over 850 and ill have to buy a new licence for windows as my old one was built into my laptop ( unless I'm mistaken about how it all works) ideally I'd like to get this sorted and shipped ASAP because having no pc sucks. If I can get the 7790 and an oem windows for under 850 with build 1 and its not hugely noisy that looks like the best option to me so far

kharma45

Microsoft will let you transfer the license over if you've a hardware failure, I had to move mine recently onto a new motherboard and they had no issue. I just called them up, told them the machine had died and I had to buy a new part and they just let me move it.

There is a chance they can say no, but it's very very very unlikely.

7790 sucks btw.

kharma45

Oi Cola, could always go for this build if you're worried about Windows not transferring over

Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.70 @ Scan.co.uk)
Other: Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II OC Gamer 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **FREE SHIPPING** (£191.99)
Total: £849.24
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-23 01:05 BST+0100)

Bang within budget. That case is still decently quiet but not in the same tier as the R4 by any stretch.

Edit - Got a USB DVD drive or anything lying around to install Windows?

Mr Cola

Sorry I meAnt 7970 before, its real hard typing with this iPhone. I have a portable 1 tb hd with stuff on it, no windows DVD, not sure I have any docs from when I bought the laptop which was around 2 years ago. It was a dell xps 17. I'll be able to borrow my bros laptop tomorrow to properly look through builds.

kharma45

Would need a DVD drive for that copy of Windows since the OEM one is finicky with USB installs. Know anyone with MSDN access?

Mr Cola

Nah sorry, I might be able to get hold of my old DVD drive, I'll see if I can find it

Irish

Just go back to your old campus computer lab, man. Just don't try to pull that same stunt you did the last time.

Top Bottom