• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 14 PC Online Clubs |OT| Home of Believe FC, Passion and Broken dreams

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Laptop out of warranty too :(

Khama if you are there. Do you know much about laptops? This one did me well in regards to games, considering another if the price is right, obviously I'd sacrifice streaming for the functionality

Same budget

kharma45

Don't know too much about laptops as for gaming they're too limited in my eyes. I'd look towards the Haswell ones with say the Core i5 4300M in them. What kind of sized screen are you after? Is it gaming orientated, or an ultrabook?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ok then, now I just gotta man up and decide on which build. Honestly it's going through my head now to not bother, 900 for a laptop last year another 850 this year, could just buy a ps4 :(

I'll think it over and see whet I come out

Mr Cola

Don't know too much about laptops as for gaming they're too limited in my eyes. I'd look towards the Haswell ones with say the Core i5 4300M in them. What kind of sized screen are you after? Is it gaming orientated, or an ultrabook?
The more I look into it the more a laptop doesn't fill my needs, not for the price I can spen anyway. But a desktop is so impractical given how used I am to a laptop. Bit fucked either way really.

Priorities are gaming/ speed/noise reduction

kharma45

I'll do you up a more budget orientated gaming rig if you consider building, have a look at this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£116.69 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£57.98 @ Novatech)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.97 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card (£136.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£48.96 @ CCL Computers)
Other: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (£167.90)
Total: £628.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-23 12:11 BST+0100)

Mr Cola

This maybe of use but this is my old rig which is in storage, pretty much all of it is there if anything can be used for
wiEkqCS.jpg

kharma45

If that all still works you'd be able to play FIFA with it fairly easily if you want to avoid spending money. The only bits from it that I would re-use are the DVD drive, HDD and mayb the GPU if your not keen on spending big.

Mr Cola

If that all still works you'd be able to play FIFA with it fairly easily if you want to avoid spending money. The only bits from it that I would re-use are the DVD drive, HDD and mayb the GPU if your not keen on spending big.

I forget which parts failed but there was a reason I ditched it. Only things in sure work are DVD psu case and memory. Is the case of no use with any of the builds you quoted?

kharma45

DVD drive is all I'd use then. That PSU isn't great and is long in the tooth, bad combo. RAM isn't compatible and that case is... basic and won't be very quiet.

Hixx

No Cola or Quiche, Believe FC are 2 men down

Who is going to step up the plate and be the founding member of Believe FC 2014?

Arise Sir Cliffton of Durham the 4th?

Mr Cola

You guys have no idea how sad I was when it happened :( I was doing the new stat pictures in gimp when it turned itself off. I'm in a quandry about which way to go, just spoke with my brother who thinks I should get another laptop, but a cheap one. He made some good points inn that I will be moving around some in the future and will need the mobility, I'm used to taking this one wherever I go. Though if I do get a new one it will be at least moderately priced so I can game on it. While a desktop sounds nice and fits some of my needs a laptop makes too much sense with my lifestyle, if I had the money freely to do both I would and while I do tecnnically have the money I'm saving up to do important things in the future.

And worse the longer I take to maker the decision the longer I have to wait to play FIFA :(

I'm gonna spend today seeing How the laptop market is, maybe there is a good deal I can get, any suggestions are ,welcome.

Got my key and for some reason Origin won't redeem it. I don't think it's cause it is a Brazilian key cause it only says an "an error has occurred" and my FUT pre order code worked :(

Mr Cola

I'm out getting dinner! I'll be back in about an hour and a half.

Make sure you name the club Believe FC! I would personally use the Belgium kit first! We need that orange to start with.

Irish

A very deep hole at that.

So, how and when am I supposed to be unlocking this shit?

Also, did you ever get your code, Quiche? Warned you about them shady sites.

Meteorain

It seems the game doesn´t stay unlocked. You need to run it through the VPN each time you start the game.

I suspected it might need that. I commented on it to Wooden when I saw him on Origin.

Can you load up Origin using the VPN, boot the game and then dc from the vpn whilst already in the game?

iNvid02

yeah just do what wooden did and it will work

go for it wooden, broken seems to have gotten lost

edit: BEATEN LIKE AN UGLY BABY. ;ets go

Hixx

Not everytime you start game, just to log in to Origin

edit: i cant get back into flyvpn, wooden i made you a manager before i quit tho

Mr Cola

New laptop ordered, see you in seven days :(

Mr Cola

Maybe Wooden, maybe.

What did you get Cola?
I caved and got the cheaper Inspiron 15, with vouchers came to about 570 and it is an upgrade to my old one. In the end I knew dell would deliver and I could get the extended warranty. Thanks for your hard work though, I genuinely appreciate it.

Mr Cola

8 people playing clubs
KuGsj.gif

We can find a game today, right?
No-one play cam, I want they spot nice and warm when I get back

Which according to this tab Is now the 4th of October

Top Bottom