• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Ooooh patch on PS4 with some gameplay changes

B0aEJiXIgAMNH-M.jpg:large

moai

Wtf we blamed the captain of my club about not taking the keeper out. Turns out ea left that out. What the hell is going on with this game.

rob305

So I preordered the game on the Xbox One store back then and i'm supposed to get a free gold pack for UT every week for 10 weeks. However I didnt get one yet. How do I claim them or when do they start giving them out?

alterno69

Banned
Ooooh patch on PS4 with some gameplay changes

B0aEJiXIgAMNH-M.jpg:large
The keepers are still idiots, i was actually considering snaping my disc in half earlier tonight, no joke. I'm done with the game, the fact thay FUT is basically the only online game mode doesn't help. I've tried playing regular club matchmaking and i can't find any oponents.
The game has many problems beyond the idiotic keepers, the biggest flaw is the defense, not only is it a pain to defend one on one but defenders are just fucking cones on their own. I've seen defenders stand in their place as the ball passes a a few feet away from them too many times. It's just terrible AI wise.

I'm done, this shit is going back to the store to trade in tomorrow and that's it for me and Fifa until they revamp the whole thing.

Fucking hate this game and yet i keep playing it expecting something to change, after 100+ online games, i give up.

I'm just sick of being matched up against much better teams in Seasons. That sucks.

I can never seem to get a game when I set the matchmaking to strict.

MaLDo

Is there a way to bypass the FIFA launcher in pc?

I 've done an autohotkey exe to launch the game and click in the PLAY button, but the Origin Login process beforce laucher appears not always take the same time so the idle time between the start of the script and the button click must be too wide. :( Not good enough for a steam link.

Tainted

Its not overscan, its going off what you set the safe zone to be in the playstion display settings. You can make it smaller and the scoreboard players name etc go more into the centre.

Too many people respond with this 'fix' without understanding what the issue is here.

The screen size setting in the PS4 settings menu SHOULD be adjusted to the edges of your screen -- No more, No less. This setting is purely to compensate for TVs that employ overscan causing the PS4s UI (and therefore any game) to go outside the boundaries of your TV

The bug with FIFA 15 is that it is coded to display slightly larger than it should be when you have your screen size settings set correctly.

Reducing this setting (as per your fix) is essentially telling the console to run EVERYTHING at a smaller scale....so when you go into other games, the UI or screen size will not fill the screen (eg Driveclub and Pix the cat being recent examples). This means you have ot manually change it before you play FIFA and then change it back after you play FIFA just so other games look normal.

TL;DR It IS an overscan bug which is caused by FIFA 15 being programmed to be larger than it should be by about 5-10%.

madmackem

Too many people respond with this 'fix' without understanding what the issue is here.

The screen size setting in the PS4 settings menu SHOULD be adjusted to the edges of your screen -- No more, No less. This setting is purely to compensate for TVs that employ overscan causing the PS4s UI (and therefore any game) to go outside the boundaries of your TV

The bug with FIFA 15 is that it is coded to display slightly larger than it should be when you have your screen size settings set correctly.

Reducing this setting (as per your fix) is essentially telling the console to run EVERYTHING at a smaller scale....so when you go into other games, the UI or screen size will not fill the screen (eg Driveclub and Pix the cat being recent examples). This means you have ot manually change it before you play FIFA and then change it back after you play FIFA just so other games look normal.

TL;DR It IS an overscan bug which is caused by FIFA 15 being programmed to be larger than it should be by about 5-10%.

It doesnt look overscanned though when you max out the display, theyve simply moved the ui to the extreme limits set in the display settings.

Tainted

It doesnt look overscanned though when you max out the display, theyve simply moved the ui to the extreme limits set in the display settings.

No, sorry mate you are wrong and I'm sure otehrs here will back me up on this. Due to this bug everything is slightly zoomed in, it is not just the UI elements which are moved to the edges of the screen.

Due to everything being slightly zoomed in, it also causes the horrible jaggies everyone is complaining about also. EA can hit 2 birds with one stone by just fixing this damn bug

So I preordered the game on the Xbox One store back then and i'm supposed to get a free gold pack for UT every week for 10 weeks. However I didnt get one yet. How do I claim them or when do they start giving them out?

Oh you can just buy packs in the store. 100-200€ will get you a näis team!

The keepers are still idiots, i was actually considering snaping my disc in half earlier tonight, no joke. I'm done with the game, the fact thay FUT is basically the only online game mode doesn't help. I've tried playing regular club matchmaking and i can't find any oponents.
The game has many problems beyond the idiotic keepers, the biggest flaw is the defense, not only is it a pain to defend one on one but defenders are just fucking cones on their own. I've seen defenders stand in their place as the ball passes a a few feet away from them too many times. It's just terrible AI wise.

I'm done, this shit is going back to the store to trade in tomorrow and that's it for me and Fifa until they revamp the whole thing.

Fucking hate this game and yet i keep playing it expecting something to change, after 100+ online games, i give up.

So you played +30 hrs of a game that you don't like? Believable.

The over scan issue is EASY to fix people, and it doesn't affect other games when you default the screen zone. Why are people still bitching about it. This OT has gone to shit because of all the whining. Worst part, the game is actually good, but people don't want to take the time to learn the mechanics. Next year game's will be dumbed down and people will still complain.

I'm done with this OT.

EBreda

The over scan issue is EASY to fix people, and it doesn't affect other games when you default the screen zone. Why are people still bitching about it. This OT has gone to shit because of all the whining. Worst part, the game is actually good, but people don't want to take the time to learn the mechanics. Next year game's will be dumbed down and people will still complain.

I'm done with this OT.

Oh yeah, let's learn the mechanics of 45 yard finesse shot with no keeper reaction whatsoever and spawn it to death. Perfect game!

alterno69

Banned

Only soccer game on the market right now, i can't go without my soccer fix for long. The game can be fun against the right people, but most online players go for the cheap plays 99% of the time and it makes the game insufferable.

Tainted

I'm done with this OT.

I honestly do not know where to start with this post. Seeing as though you left this OT, you probably won't read this anyway but geez man, is it so hard to grasp that this game has serious issues ?

I explained in detail a few posts up re the Overscan issue and what you posted is not a fix, its a workaround and changing this setting does affect other games (but not all), I have verified that for myself. Some games choose to obey that setting and others do not, thats why it states in that setting that some applications will use it

We should not have to change the PS4's setting to accommodate one game...how hard is that to grasp ?

As for the gameplay itself, online is mostly a clusterfuck....most of the time it just amounts to dribbling practice and finesse shots. If you choose to turn a blind eye to it, thats fine and your choice...but please do not criticise the people who actually choose to acknowledge the issues and report and discuss them.

Maybe it is best you do leave this OT

alterno69

Banned
It wouldn't be so bad if at least the matchmaking actually worked, i created a three star team to try to avoid all the super fast players and i got matched against a 5 star team full of gold players :/

BSherrod

It wouldn't be so bad if at least the matchmaking actually worked, i created a three star team to try to avoid all the super fast players and i got matched against a 5 star team full of gold players :/
Same thing happened with my 4 star Dutch team, I even put Bronze guys on the bench and still got matched with an 82 overall five star side.

Pachimari

Why is it that the players are kind of ghosting in replays sometimes? Kind of like stuttering. It reminds me a bit of ghosting on tv but I only see it in FIFA 15.

UncleO

I went with my Madden strategy this year with Fifa. Which is i skip a year and just stick to the same game for two. I kept 13 and skipped 14, Fifa 15 is MILES ahead of 13 for me and I am loving every bit of it.

There's no way it's even done by division, I refuse to believe Division 9/8 teams have 5 star 100 chem teams, with in-forms/TOTW players in the squad.

Hasney

There's no way it's even done by division, I refuse to believe Division 9/8 teams have 5 star 100 chem teams, with in-forms/TOTW players in the squad.

That's what I had before it started to bore me. Always grind through single player until I have a team I'm happy with and I'm sure a lot of people do the same/buy there way to it.

Only way to get a fair shake in multiplayer if you have a worse team is to hitup the online silver or bronze cup.

That's what I had before it started to bore me. Always grind through single player until I have a team I'm happy with and I'm sure a lot of people do the same/buy there way to it.

Only way to get a fair shake in multiplayer if you have a worse team is to hitup the online silver or bronze cup.

Ergh, people do this? Wankers.

Hasney

Ergh, people do this? Wankers.

Why not? In FIFA 14, I'd won the single player 1st division and most of the cups by the time I jumped into multiplayer. It's a shame there isn't more single player UT stuff as FIFA players and indeed wankers and I'd rather not encounter any of them if I don't have to.

Osaka15

Banned
Anyone know who to call defenders up for corner kick? It does make sense to have some of your smaller players in the box while your big defenders stay in the back...

v1lla21

Played a match where a guy had a 3 star team and low chemestry and his players were fucking crazy. His defender would out run Chicharito and his attacker would score from far and get past subotic and howedes like nothing. What. The. Fuck.

alterno69

Banned
Played a match where a guy had a 3 star team and low chemestry and his players were fucking crazy. His defender would out run Chicharito and his attacker would score from far and get past subotic and howedes like nothing. What. The. Fuck.
This is my story in every game, my defender get outrun/muscled by everyone and i can't run past anyone.

Today is was my first day without playing the game after i got it, 150+ online games and i think i'm recovering now lol. I will sell the game next week or give it away but i want it far away from my PS4.

v1lla21

This is my story in every game, my defender get outrun/muscled by everyone and i can't run past anyone.

Today is was my first day without playing the game after i got it, 150+ online games and i think i'm recovering now lol. I will sell the game next week or give it away but i want it far away from my PS4.
Im generally good at defending but it was kind of impossible to stop his 56 overall. This fucker was fast and strong. I managed to tie the game, but man did I fucking rage.

Tecl0n

i reached FUT div 5 online and got crushed. I can't deal with the randomness. I think i'll stay offline tournies for a while.

Eldon

i reached FUT div 5 online and got crushed. I can't deal with the randomness. I think i'll stay offline tournies for a while.

Randomness? Of what?
Season 5 and onward is almost always packed of pace abusers, to me easier than people who actually take their time. W/e, different people different games

I'm in Div 3 but struggling. Using Falcao upfront with 77 pace is how I play ,and I refuse to stoop to scrub level pace abuse. I have got used to defending now and love the game but if I get relegated playing how I enjoy playing then so be it.

v1lla21

Why the fuck can't we create custom formations yet? And why the fuck did they get rid of custom set pieces. This shit has been bugging me.

The thing about pace abusers is that the pressure for everything. So all I do is pass and lass to bring their stamina down and then just attack. Make em run after the ball.

ZQQLANDER

Is there a glitch involving contracts? I can send them to my club, but they aren't available to use on my squads. What the hell?

nelchaar

Dribbling, pace and finesse shots are so incredibly OP. I didn't believe you all on here until I tried playing this online. Jesus Christ what a mess.

I can't tell you how much progress I've lost by playing games in my career and then having the game freeze in between the end of the game and the career menu. Has anyone else been having this problem? (I'm playing on xbone)

I can't tell you how much progress I've lost by playing games in my career and then having the game freeze in between the end of the game and the career menu. Has anyone else been having this problem? (I'm playing on xbone)

Once so far. I remember on a FIFA a few years back, 12 or 13 I think, where Career Mode would freeze all the time. Usually when pausing the game to make a sub. To think this is still going on is ridiculous.

The menus are horrible. I don't know if it's just Career Mode or the whole game, but they are so slow. It takes an age for it it to respond to my commands.

Handballs still aren't working either.

Anybody here got Ronaldo? Picked him up today hope his price stays stable.

Only player I wanna try besides him is Gullit if his price ever comes down during a crash.

ZQQLANDER

Anyone experiencing connection problems with FUT? I keep loosing connection to my opponent prior to a match. Never had this problem in the past. Reset the X1 and the router and the problem persists.

Edit: Seemed to be maintenance, but I have another question. What is up with the DNF multiplier? I got disconnected from a game (up 3-0 and opponent was on 2 red cards go figure) so I expected a penalty. Does it go away?

Top Bottom