• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a livestream or decent proxy to use to watch the game? I know that swedish TV is streaming it online, but since i currently live in Ireland I can't access it.

Klyka

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
is the stadium kinda half empty?

Poor women sports

There were 75000 people at the Germany game in Berlin.

It's just that no one cares about this current game.
Same thing happened in South Africa, lots of stadiums were half empty.

Lkr

Klyka said:
There were 75000 people at the Germany game in Berlin.

It's just that no one cares about this current game.
Same thing happened in South Africa, lots of stadiums were half empty.
I don't remember there being so many empty seats. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the US try to keep up with Best Korea

Djungelfrukt said:
Thanks a lot, though I can't seem to get it to work, are you using it?
Nope. I'm watching TV4, but I tried it before I posted the link and it worked fine. It's a British Eurosport stream.

Edit: I tried it again and it still works fine for me.

archnemesis said:
Nope. I'm watching TV4, but I tried it before I posted the link and it worked fine. It's a British Eurosport stream.

Edit: I tried it again and it still works fine for me.
Gah, which link are you using? It might be that I'm at work, I'll hopefully catch the last quarter when I get home.

Djungelfrukt said:
Gah, which link are you using? It might be that I'm at work, I'll hopefully catch the last quarter when I get home.
The default one. I don't even have to click on one of the links, there's a video feed on the page I posted.

JLG-

Seep said:
1-1 is a draw.
xVGi4.jpg

SneakyStephan said:
Haha that's a fake right.

And the Brits say we have a shitty sense of humor. It is done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

It comes from a 1968 headline "Harvard Beats Yale, 29-29" when Yale was heavily favored and winning by 16 with 42 seconds left.

Levyne

Banned
Socreges said:
How would that be making fun of soccer?

The fact that Ties can be as important as wins when it comes to group play. I don't remember last years cup, did a US-England tie secure a spot to the elimination round? That would make the front make perfect sense.

Socreges

Banned
Khold said:
The fact that Ties can be as important as wins when it comes to group play. I don't remember last years cup, did a US-England tie secure a spot to the elimination round? That would make the front make perfect sense.
CaptYamato said:
It's a dig at soccer and how most Americans view it. Celebrating for a tie and such.
No...

It's the fact that they were heavy underdogs, treated as an easy beat, and yet came away with a tie. Also a reference to a similar situation in 1968 that ConfusingJazz mentioned.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This Best Korea vs USA match is boring.
Socreges said:
No...

It's the fact that they were heavy underdogs, treated as an easy beat, and yet came away with a tie. Also a reference to a similar situation in 1968 that ConfusingJazz mentioned.

It's a moral victory, but not a real victory.

So a tie.

Levyne

Banned
Socreges said:
No...

I realize the importance of the tie in that position, any soccer fan would. It's just that to many Americans, celebrating a tie is very alien.

Revenant

So is great leader still using that small microphone to communicate a game winning strategy like in the world cup?

\(just tuned in, from what it sounds like it's working so far!)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
A shame that this is in my timezone since I'll probably be at work during most of the matches. still, I'll try to catch what I can.

Socreges said:
No...

Keep telling yourself that. Americans don't like ties. New York Post knew this and made fun of it. Yes, they were referencing 1968, still a joke about soccer though.

'A tie is like kissing your sister'

Socreges

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Keep telling yourself that. Americans don't like ties. New York Post knew this and made fun of it. Yes, they were referencing 1968, still a joke about soccer though.

'A tie is like kissing your sister'
Again, that's not what the headline is about. You're confused.

And no one likes ties.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
timetokill said:
No, but apparently (and sadly) the New York Post was aiming a little too high with their humor.
The joke was that they actually drew but the headline says wins? Ha ha! Classic!

lush

How are they not finishing any of these chances? At least put something on your shots.

edit: Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom