• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight Night Champion |OT| Boxing + Hollywood - Sly Stallone

conman said:
To be fair, Champion mode is good enough to stand on its own.

Everything else is pretty much the same as it was in FNR4. I like the small changes to the mechanics (especially the blocking modifier), but it ultimately pretty much feels the same as before. After a handful of hours playing FNC online, I got bored because I'd already put so many hours into FNR4 and I wasn't getting anything new out of the experience. If FNR4 didn't already exist, FNC would be an absolutely incredible package.

Also, if this were a game directed only at boxing fans, they'd be dooming themselves to utter obscurity.

I played to the end of Champion Mode in one sitting, it was a unique and enjoyable experience but not spectacular enough to overshadow the actual gameplay. As I stated before I think the game in general is a lot better than FNR4 which I never really liked but forced myself to play with buddies. The fact that you can actually put together combinations, move around well and fight using different styles freshens up the game for me. FNR4 was a boring cheesefest where body-punching was overpowered and every fight went deep and/or to a decision. Now that blocking has been overhauled, body punching is only as successful as a boxer's body punching skill and one punch can end a fight it adds a lot of unpredictability to the Fight Night boring slugfest formula from FNR4.

I'm aware the game needs mass-appeal, it doesn't mean you can't tailor your game to both crowds like every other sports game does nowadays. They botched or are missing key elements of boxing that hold the game back. I like the game, but let's be honest pretty much all of the reviewer's were all wowed by Champion Mode and the impressive graphics. The game first and foremost is an official game about boxing, and reading and watching all of the reviews I listed in the OP, only 1 or 2 of these people knew what to look for when reviewing gameplay. It's a above-average boxing game but it getting great reviews is a double edged sword as far as what it means for the growth of the series. EA may put more resources into the next game in the series since this was critically acclaimed but they will spending a lot of those resources on the shiny exterior (Champion Mode) rather than fixing the problems under the hood (gameplay).

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
As a HUGE franchise fan really hate this game. I especially hate champion mode. The final fight has been about complete luck. I mean one time i got knocked out three straight times on jabs that went through my block. Why would anybody wanna play that shit? They are jabs...you don't dodge jabs. You can't not get jabbed. Especially when i gotta punch the body. Champion mode ends up being just a showcase of different strategies available to boxers. Only far more limited thanks to broken hands and cuts and superhuman strength and agility. Like that fight where you have to avoid getting hit on your cut. The guy throws non stop punches to that side and this bullshit starts within seconds into the fight. So i gotta run around for 8 rounds. It's easily one of the most boring moments in all of sports gaming. That was such a stupid idea that I was just plain amazed. The entire experience is thin and unsatisfying. You go from fight to fight waiting for the game to craft the experience for you since you can't really box like you wanna box.

Then the gameplay at a high difficulty is like a mixture of Fight Night Round 4 and a RPG. All the little cooldown periods NOT linked to missing punches or getting blocked irritates the shit out of me. Especially the one associated with putting your hands up while stepping out under pressure (aka any time your opponent expresses some will to throw a punch). Why the fuck would you penalize me for that? Oh and dodging when people get close. You move fast when they are far, when they get close you might as well be a fat lady on a rocking chair. Moving around in general is awkward because of the camera and i swear the game tractor beams me in sometimes. It's hard to explain and possibly linked to the camera.. Oh...and the hit detection glitches. Them shits led to so many knockouts in that Frost fight. I wish I had my PVR on when frost threw a big uppercut while i stood several steps away only to watch my guy go flying into the ropes like he got hit with a shotgun. Oh and do heavy punches do ANYTHING?! Even with Frost I would wail on Bishop with strictly heavy blows for two minutes and get NOTHING. And yeah some were clean blows both through counters and just from spamming. Matter of fact, you know how i passed that part? I got frustrated and started throwing nothing but jabs. Four successive jabs knocked bishop clean out. It was a blessing because i had been having trouble trying to clean up when i get em dazed. For some reason it makes ME move in slow motion. He's the one thats fucking dazed!

When EA Canada brews up a theme they go all out. With round 4 it was about counters. Now it's about random knockouts. Man i wish EA Chicago was still around. Or at least get Kudo back in the franchise.

conman

TheVisualizer said:
I'm aware the game needs mass-appeal, it doesn't mean you can't tailor your game to both crowds like every other sports game does nowadays.
Maybe I'm just easy to please, but it appeals to me as both a boxing fan and a mainstream gamer. I've gotten increasingly bored and frustrated with most other sports franchises over the past decade because they put way too much emphasis on simulation. I'm also the sort of person who prefers playing sports to watching them, so it may just be me. I'm no armchair sports fan. If I can't play the sport, I don't bother. Same thing applies to sports games.

Anyhow, this is all a long way of saying why I love the direction FNC has gone. By de-emphasizing the clunky Legacy mode (it's now buried a couple of layers into the menus), they've put boxing ahead of boxing management. And by putting narrative above simulation, they've increased the stakes and the vitality of the sport in game form.

Is it a perfect and faithful recreation of the sport? Of course not. But it's so true to the spirit and essence of the sport that I couldn't care less if it misses a few details here and there. It's fun to play, and it feels like boxing. Your two main criticisms are dead on, and even some of the highest review scores mention exactly those two points (inconsistent stamina and over-emphasis on counters). But those two things are minor.

IMO it deserves the high scores and praise. The story alone was better than most recent boxing movies, and it seemed to understand boxing culture and history much better, as well. I'm curious how this game is doing among the more casual, avid sports gamer crowd. I have a feeling they're loving it, too.

daw840

So, I think my legacy mode guy is glitched out. :/

I just moved up to light heavyweight and playing my first match, against the champ. Now it freezes when it sims the CPU games during the week before the fight when I am resting. Anyone heard of this?

daw840 said:
So, I think my legacy mode guy is glitched out. :/

I just moved up to light heavyweight and playing my first match, against the champ. Now it freezes when it sims the CPU games during the week before the fight when I am resting. Anyone heard of this?

while I was browsing the EA Forums I heard there are freezing issues in the game, I didn't read about specifics though, you might want to check over there for details, I think the devs were collecting data on this so maybe a fix is incoming.

daw840

TheVisualizer said:
while I was browsing the EA Forums I heard there are freezing issues in the game, I didn't read about specifics though, you might want to check over there for details, I think the devs were collecting data on this so maybe a fix is incoming.

Thanks man, I just went over there and posted in that thread. I always forget that games have specific forums.

daw840

Wow, I am really surprised at the lack of activity in this thread. Does GAF really dislike this game that much? Even crappy games get more attention than this thread.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah I am getting this game this Tuesday.

I am worried about one thing though... does it have a "classic" create a boxer mode where you rank up from a nobody to a world champ or is the only mode the Story one?

And a small pet peeve of mine... are the videos of story mode rendered real time or are they Pre-recorded video files?

Game is really gun but I am really pissed that you cant adjust the cuts and swelling setting for created boxers. It sucks ! You dont see any damage at all.

Almighty

Relix said:
I am worried about one thing though... does it have a "classic" create a boxer mode where you rank up from a nobody to a world champ or is the only mode the Story one?

No need to worry you can still create a guy and work your way from the bottom to world champ.

conman

daw840 said:
Wow, I am really surprised at the lack of activity in this thread. Does GAF really dislike this game that much? Even crappy games get more attention than this thread.
Like most sports games, most of GAF doesn't really bother. It's a real shame, though, because I think even non-sports fans would really dig Champion mode.

daw840

I know there aren't a whole lot of us, but I have a gym with a buddy of mine and we are on quite a bit. Everyone is welcome. Join up. The name of the gym is "The Lone Rangers".

kamspy

I'm on the fence. I've bought every other Fight Night launch week, but something seems off here. The demo... I dunno. Flash KOs were always the bane of the series and it seems to be the theme of this game.

kamspy said:
I'm on the fence. I've bought every other Fight Night launch week, but something seems off here. The demo... I dunno. Flash KOs were always the bane of the series and it seems to be the theme of this game.

I'm a bit down on the game right now myself because of some balance issues and bugs, but so you know Flash KO's happen a lot less frequently in the retail game. Easy risk-free counter punching and broken stamina are the real themes of this game. I've put my copy on the shelf until the 1st tuner update or patch is rolled out.

kiryani

I'm having moral issues with this game online at the minute.

I'm actually feeling really bad about something that just happened online.

I was in a very close fight, we were actually level on points and we were half way through the 9th round, anyway after a bit of a scrap in the centre of the ring my opponent taunted me, his fighter bent over and started tapping his chin as if to say ''come and hit me''. So I casually strolled over to him and punched him in the balls, as his fighter bent over clutching his bollocks I smashed him with a strong right hook to the chin and won the fight.

I know it's a game mechanic but I still feel really sly :*(

conman

kiryani said:
I know it's a game mechanic but I still feel really sly :*(
Actual boxing matches have been won in much less civil ways. If that's all it took for you to win, you were already going to win the fight. You simply sealed the deal. The fact that he taunted you first only makes it that much sweeter.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
kiryani said:
I casually strolled over to him and punched him in the balls, as his fighter bent over clutching his bollocks I smashed him with a strong right hook to the chin and won the fight.
That reminds me, I've rented the game for a bit but haven't played it online. Is the ability to save part of the replay online, like it is now with FIFA 11?

Also: Can you set it to slow-motion in the replay without trying to be as precise as industry-grade robotors on the R2 button?

TITLE UPDATE DETAILS

Fight Night Champion Blog said:
I just wanted to start off with a huge thanks to our rabid fighting & gaming community for their constant feedback on the official Fight Night Champion Forums. The developers have been reading the feedback non-stop and working on getting out the first Title Update to coincide with the DLC package set to launch at the same time. We are still looking at locking down the exact release date and we’ll be sure to share that with you once that has been determined.

Do note, however, that we’ll be revealing all the DLC details this Friday during our Live Chat from 4-5PM PST. Click this link and enter your email to remind yourself to join us for Friday’s DLC Reveal: http://www.ea.com/fight-night/1/chat

As far as the Title Update is concerned, based on feedback from the community, here are some of the following adjustments that will be made:

Punch Accuracy Reduction: Overall accuracy will be reduced and accuracy tracking a moving target will be reduced. Users will notice lower connect percentages and a better ability to use head movement defensively.

Hit Reactions Intensity Increased: Bigger hit reactions across the board and increased punch offsetting – i.e. punches thrown off target when a boxer is hit in the act of punching.

Combination Punching Adjustments: Bigger difference in combination speed between boxers with low and high Combination Skill rating.

Improved Weave Input Detection: Reduced the instance of weaves happening unintentionally.

Health Loss Adjustment: Regular punches do more damage and combination punching is more effective.

Stamina Recovery Adjustment: Less stamina recovered between rounds.

Perfect Block Counter Window Disabled: Pending simultaneous release of Tuner Set.

Opponent Counter Freeze: Fixed a bug where the a Perfect Block would sometimes freeze the opponent’s inputs.

Late Guard: Fixed a bug where the guard went back up late if you threw more than one punch out of the block.

Please note that we are investigating pushing out a Tuner Set at the same time as the TU along with further game improvements, so please continue to provide your feedback in our forums. We hope that you’ll be pleased with the hard work the team is putting in post-launch. Thanks!

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc

looks like they will be addressing every single issue that I currently have with the gameplay

The Frost fight is the most rage inducing thing I've ever played in a game
this gen
. I even read through a walkthrough and it just gets more and more frustrating as it goes on. Has anybody beaten it, and can anybody give me any tips?

I love Champion mode, but hate some of it's implementation. I'm not a boxing fan but I love boxing movies, so it was great to play one. I hated how everything was so rushed, I would have liked to have a little more character development. Andre's character was fine, but you'd think
he would have been angrier about being framed and going to jail. He just kind of accepted it, and when he came out he didn't care about clearing his name at all.

I also hated the conditions in certain fights. It felt really cheap, and I felt that the AI could do things I couldn't do (like clinch every single time).

canadian crowe said:
The Frost fight is the most rage inducing thing I've ever played in a game
this gen
. I even read through a walkthrough and it just gets more and more frustrating as it goes on. Has anybody beaten it, and can anybody give me any tips?

I love Champion mode, but hate some of it's implementation. I'm not a boxing fan but I love boxing movies, so it was great to play one. I hated how everything was so rushed, I would have liked to have a little more character development. Andre's character was fine, but you'd think
he would have been angrier about being framed and going to jail. He just kind of accepted it, and when he came out he didn't care about clearing his name at all.

I also hated the conditions in certain fights. It felt really cheap, and I felt that the AI could do things I couldn't do (like clinch every single time).

I stopped there a week or two ago and still haven't beaten it, but I think I know a good way to beat it. The key is that you need to be flawless early on and save your knockdowns for later when you are more likely to get caught trying to beatdown ole Frosty. You can only get up from 4-5 knockdowns the entire fight. You gotta try to save at least 3 for the last 4 rounds or you will need to be really precise.

This is easier said then done, getting thru the
run from Frost rounds (1-2)
clean is doable for even players not familiar with Fight Night. The rounds where you need to
body punch can be done carefully, use the straight to the body from distance as it counts towards your totals
. The rounds where you need to
protect the cut (6-7)
you need to use the same strategy you employed in the opening rounds. Then finish him
I had a lot of success counterpunching him before he ended me
. I've been playing other games and will come back and finish Champion Mode at some point, but that's my strategy, give it a shot for me.

TheVisualizer said:
I stopped there a week or two ago and still haven't beaten it, but I think I know a good way to beat it. The key is that you need to be flawless early on and save your knockdowns for later when you are more likely to get caught trying to beatdown ole Frosty. You can only get up from 4-5 knockdowns the entire fight. You gotta try to save at least 3 for the last 4 rounds or you will need to be really precise.

This is easier said then done, getting thru the
run from Frost rounds (1-2)
clean is doable for even players not familiar with Fight Night. The rounds where you need to
body punch can be done carefully, use the straight to the body from distance as it counts towards your totals
. The rounds where you need to
protect the cut (6-7)
you need to use the same strategy you employed in the opening rounds. Then finish him
I had a lot of success counterpunching him before he ended me
. I've been playing other games and will come back and finish Champion Mode at some point, but that's my strategy, give it a shot for me.
Thanks, I'll give it a go tommorrow. I actually made it to the end of the 5th and then got KO'd. That's when I almost threw the controller.

I hadn't touched legacy yet, what's that micromanaging like? I like to create and follow my boxers career but I don't like the small details.

conman

canadian crowe said:
Thanks, I'll give it a go tommorrow. I actually made it to the end of the 5th and then got KO'd. That's when I almost threw the controller.
He's not too tough. Just
keep your distance until you need to do the body punches.
Once you need to do those, just
quickly move in and out, throwing one or two body hook combos at a time
. After you've finished those,
again keep your distance until the next "stage" happens a couple rounds later
. For the next set, again just
keep your distance until you get the go-ahead to finish him
. At that point, he's not too tough, and the checkpoint should be enough to get you through. It took me a handful of tries, but it wasn't overly difficult since the checkpoints are so forgiving. Also, don't get knocked down in the early rounds. If you do, just restart from the last checkpoint.

I hadn't touched legacy yet, what's that micromanaging like? I like to create and follow my boxers career but I don't like the small details.
I'm not a fan of Legacy mode. It's too focused on stupid details that really don't matter. Scheduling fights and scheduling training isn't nearly as much fun as actually fighting, so I just stick to Champion and Online modes. The Online World Championship mode still lets you build up a fighter, so that might be more what you're looking for. Legacy isn't much fun IMO.

daw840

Really makes me sad that no one here really likes this game. :(

I love it...

Post your GT so my buddy can send you an invite to our gym, this game is a blast online with a created boxer.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
conman said:
He's not too tough. Just
keep your distance until you need to do the body punches.
Once you need to do those, just
quickly move in and out, throwing one or two body hook combos at a time
. After you've finished those,
again keep your distance until the next "stage" happens a couple rounds later
. For the next set, again just
keep your distance until you get the go-ahead to finish him
. At that point, he's not too tough, and the checkpoint should be enough to get you through. It took me a handful of tries, but it wasn't overly difficult since the checkpoints are so forgiving. Also, don't get knocked down in the early rounds. If you do, just restart from the last checkpoint.

I'm not a fan of Legacy mode. It's too focused on stupid details that really don't matter. Scheduling fights and scheduling training isn't nearly as much fun as actually fighting, so I just stick to Champion and Online modes. The Online World Championship mode still lets you build up a fighter, so that might be more what you're looking for. Legacy isn't much fun IMO.

you know what ended up being the turning point for me with frost?
Lunge body hooks. You can throw em, stun him long enough to get two more hits in, then back the fuck out. Because of the power of the hooks, it saps him enough to reduce the chance to get flash KO'd. When the time came where i could knock him out i did it in two tries. AT first i thought i could fight regular but apparently nothing to the face does damage. i stayed on his body and he crumpled in minutes...I felt so cheated that i ended up beating him easily in such a one dimensional way.

daw840 said:

I love it...

Post your GT so my buddy can send you an invite to our gym, this game is a blast online with a created boxer.

I don't hate it as much now that i am doing basic career and have more control over my preferred style. I'm a pick and popper and save for the retarded ass camera and the complete lack of head movement as a defensive option I'm not at 100% of my Round 3 glory, but i'm less angry.....so thats good i guess. Although the freezing invalidating my current career is incredibly irritating. I have to start over. I'd be more mad but i choose the cocky style and it sucks complete dick.

conman

daw840 said:
Plenty of people love this game. Myself included. One of the best sports game I've ever played.

As far as I can tell, it's only a few people in this thread who don't like it, and most of them were fans of FNR3 (many of whom also hated FNR4). It still has some issues, but no more than any other great game.

Details were finally announced for the first set of DLC as well as more details about the first patch.

DLC

Fight Night Champion Blog said:
Fight Night Champion DLC Details

You’ve been playing Fight Night Champion day-in and day-out for the past month with the demo and the full game and though you can’t get enough, you want more! Well, you’ll only have a few more days to wait as a new batch of Downloadable Content will be making their way to the Fight Night Store.

The DLC will be released on March 29th worldwide on XBOX 360, and for PS3 users the DLC will be available on March 29th in North America/Japan and on March 30th in Europe. Here are the details:

DLC: Heavyweight Legends Pack

The Heavyweight Legends Pack for 800 MS Points or $10 will include 5 of the all-time greatest boxers ever to step into the ring. Alongside the boxers in this DLC Pack we will also include the Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack at no charge. If you choose to go without the boxers and only want the Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack, you can download it for only 320 MS Points or $4.

Jack Johnson
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjackjohnson520.jpg

Jack Dempsey
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjackdempsey520.jpg

Rocky Marciano
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNrockymarciano520.jpg

Joe Louis
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNjoelouis520.jpg

Floyd Patterson
FITNITCMPmultiSCRNfloydpatterson520.jpg

also included in the Heavyweight Legends Pack is the Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack

Price:

· 800 MS Points/$10.00 for all items.

· 160 MS Pts/$2.00 for each boxer

DLC: Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack

· Bare Knuckle Offline Play Now

· Play against opponent with traditional rules or choose the new Old School Rules.

· Old School Rules mimics the way people used to box before the establishment of the Marques’s of Queensbury Rules. The fight is not divided into timed rounds, instead, the boxers only return to their corners for a break when one boxer is knocked down. Also, there is no judging and the winner is determined by the last man standing. Old School Rules is only available for Offline games.

· Bare Knuckle Online Ranked/Unranked/OWC

· The usual quick play online mode. Ranked games are tracked against separate Bare Knuckles leaderboards.

· Bare Knuckle Online World Championships

· Complete with separate leaderboards, belts and awards. Bare Knuckles OWC mode allows players to climb through the ranks to become the Champ.

Price:

· 320 MS Pts/$4.00 for Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack

DLC : Alternate Weight Class Pack

You’ve asked for them and you got them. We’ve also created some licensed boxers in alternate weight classes as many in our community have requested. From a Featherweight Manny Pacquiao to a Middleweight Bernard Hopkins, for 80 MS Points or $1, you can download all 8 boxers listed below.

· Featherweight Manny Pacquiao

· Lightweight Manny Pacquiao

· Lightweight Oscar De La Hoya

· Middleweight Roy Jones Jr

· Middleweight Bernard Hopkins

· Welterweight Roberto Duran

· Middleweight Thomas Hearns

· Welterweight Pernell Whitaker

Price:

· 80 MS/$1.00 for all boxers

There will also be additional content that we know you'll all love so stay tuned for that!

Please note that within Bare Knuckles mode not all boxers have agreed to have their virtual selves duke it out sans gloves. These boxers will not be available for use in Bare Knuckles mode:

· Muhammad Ali

· Mike Tyson

· Oscar De La Hoya

· George Foreman

· Joe Frazier

· Ray Leonard

· Evander Holyfield

· Roberto Duran

· Vitali Klitschko

· Wladimir Klitschko

source: http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc-details

PATCH - New info to go along with what I already posted in Post #120 of this thread.

EA Fight Night Champion Forums said:
Dev Team Update March 25th, 2011

Patch Title Update Fixes

We've fixed over 40 issues/game play concerns. Some of the top issues resolved are;

- Sometimes freeze/crash during OWC Heavyweight Fights
- Online Boxer Match Up screen freeze
- OWC Opponent Search logic affected by Ranked H2H Ranking
- Extend OWC anti cheat logic
- More restrictive OWC match up logic
- Stepping power punches to the body are too fast
- Counter block freeze has been fixed
....and much more.

NOTE:

We fully realize not all issues being experienced are resolved. It is our plan to continue to collect feedback and work on patch #2 ASAP.

More information on this a week or two after the launch of Patch/DLC #1.

-Mike

source: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/5500237.page

patch and DLC and both available on 360, I bought all of the DLC. They did a really good job on all of the fighters except the alternate versions of Manny Pacquaio which I think they mixed up. The featherweight version has the appearance and ratings of the lightweight version and vice versa, they can be edited for offline and unranked use so no big deal. All of the heavyweight legends have signature stances which is a pleasant surprise.

Played one match post patch (Jack Johnson vs CPU Joe Louis), the annoying "perfect block" countering and freezing is all but gone. Counters now need to be earned with timing. Punch accuracy has gone done a lot which makes it feel more like real boxing.

I fought a pretty good fight against Joe Louis who ended up knocking me down in the 9th and 10th to steal a decision and both of our punch %'s were in the low to mid 40's which is a big change from normal 55-65% you could land easily pre-patch.

Long term stamina has been tweaked as you don't recover as much between rounds anymore. Joe Louis worked my body good the whole match and I was totally gassed in the 10th round even though I paced myself good during the fight.

Seems like a big improvement to the basic gameplay and I read that there is still a "tuner" update to come later today that will further tweak some things. The patch and DLC have breathed new life into this game for me.

the tuner was also released and this combined with the patch has completely changed the gameplay for the better

-like I said before accuracy is way down but it doesn't seem cheap, you really have to set your opponent up and work to land good shots

-stamina after the tuner is amazing, it's so far from the rock'em sock'em robots default gameplay now. You need to conserve energy. Even fighters with top stamina and conditioning feel the effects towards the end of the fight and you can really feel a difference. End of all long fights are sluggish unless you boxed a perfectly crisp fight.

-big shots now matter. You have to put as much effort into defense as throwing as if you get caught lunging and throwing too many punches and leave yourself open you pay dearly with at least a daze most times now. Haven't seen any fight ending KO's but a good number of knockdowns fighting my offline human opponents. Great thing is they dont seem to be of the questionable variety anymore, all the knockdowns/knockdowns have been great shots, no more glancing blows off the back of the head out of nowhere (mainly because they aren't accurate enough to land anymore)

-no counter freeze and way less counters if you fight smart. Me and my buddy are boxing fans, we've played the Knockout Kings / Fight Night series since the beginning and know how to fight in all different styles. Our counters are down to 20-35 a fight. Pre tuner/patch they were 70-100. The lack of the freeze means you can also defend yourself now and use the jab to dictate fights.

people at OperationSports have commented online play is so much better also. Anyone who was on the fence about the game or gave up on it, I'd recommend you check it out now that it's been "transformed" by the tuner/patch into a game that captures a lot of what makes the "sweet science" such a great sport.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Online Play is so fucked for this game...

Isaac Frost is also retarded....

Legacy Mode you can only go up one weightclass. After that fight the same 8 guys eternally.

Wtf....

theBishop

Banned
No Sergio Martinez, no buy.

Seriously, how can you put out a boxing game without at least the top 5 pound for pound fighters?

theBishop said:
No Sergio Martinez, no buy.

Seriously, how can you put out a boxing game without at least the top 5 pound for pound fighters?

yeah its a glaring oversight but you can download a picture perfect version of him on the Boxer Share. In the Create-A-Fighter they actually have his exact stance where he drops his hands looking to counter. The game not having certain boxers is a dumb excuse not to buy it when you can make/download accurate versions of pretty much any boxer imaginable for free...

daw840

Alright, I dont know what to think about this patch. My buddy and I played to a decision last night as heavyweights. Thing is, we both had 0% damage at the end and almost no stamina left. It's not like we weren't landing punches either.

Didn't know about the patch until now since they didn't mention it on their blog RSS feed. Don't know why they save all the actual exciting stuff for forum posts. Will check it out tonight.

daw840 said:
Post patch has kind of fucked it up IMO.

yup

I can't even play it anymore, it wasn't great to begin with but the dev's sounded like they seemed to know what needed to be tweaked to make it play better then they went and made the gameplay worse with the patches and tuners and completely removed important features like damage and 1 punch ko's. All they are concerned with is caving into the demands of the vocal minority of online exploiters that make up there official forums.

I'm holding onto the game in the hopes that they eventually make things right, but I think chances of that are slim. $40 is about $25 too much to pay for this game at this point.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am playing legacy mode and I don't get how my opponent can throw over 300 power shots in a bout and still have more stamina than me in a fight. He only is hitting like 80 of them, I am throwing less punches and hitting at a hight %, but still at the end of the fight he still has enough stamina/energy to throw 20 power punches in a round.

dskillzhtown said:
I am playing legacy mode and I don't get how my opponent can throw over 300 power shots in a bout and still have more stamina than me in a fight. He only is hitting like 80 of them, I am throwing less punches and hitting at a hight %, but still at the end of the fight he still has enough stamina/energy to throw 20 power punches in a round.

stamina is all jacked up, they actually fixed it pretty good with the 1st tuner so you had to fight more conservatively and manage your stamina, but the 2nd tuner rolled the stamina changes back and now you can throw as many punches as you want throughout the fight without getting tired...

the devs talk a good game but refuse to tune the gameplay so it's more like real boxing mainly because most the online players who still play this enjoy exploiting the game engine and they spam the EA boards with negative threads whenever anything is changed that forces them to stop using their cheese tactics and I'm guessing the execs don't like the bad PR that comes with 5 straight pages of whining on their official forums. It got so bad after the 1st tuner that they had one of the mods over there create a whole bunch of stickies to fill the entire 1st page of the fourms so it would push all the actual threads to the 2nd page so it didn't look like anyone was bashing the game...

New patch is out:
Fixed One-Punch Knockouts
· Pretty self-explanatory this one. One punch KOs are happening again.

Health and Knockdowns
· Boxers with low health can now be knocked down without automatically entering the “critical health” stun state.
· Cumulative punching can, in effect, cause knockdowns without being so predictable.

Locomotion Updates
· Boxers can now move forwards with their guard up as fast as opponents can move backwards with their guard down
· Movement speed near the ropes or corners is affected. Makes it more difficult to consistently run throughout the course of a fight.
· Weave input sensitivity has been improved.

Stamina Updates
· Long term stamina loss for moving backwards is significantly higher than stamina loss for moving forwards.
· Short term stamina loss for throwing several punches is more significant.
· The effect of low stamina on boxer power and toughness is more significant. When a boxer’s stamina bar is low, they are weaker and more susceptible to damage than before.
· Stamina loss for high output punchers is more significant overall.

Hit Reactions
· Tweaked hit reaction strength such that punches to the body do not offset opponent punches as drastically.
· Reduces the instance of what some users felt were, “forced misses”.

Judges Scoring
· Judging logic tweaked to favor clean, effective punching more than previously.
· In general, most judges will favor the boxer who lands fewer, more significant punches over the boxer who lands higher numbers of less significant punches.
· Big punches and stuns have a bigger chance of swinging a round in favor of a boxer.

Legacy Mode
· Fixed issue where game would sometimes hang when attempting to import created fighters into Legacy Mode.
· Alternate Weight Class DLC boxers can be imported into Legacy Mode. So can George Foreman.

Fixed the Online Leaderboards Cheat

OWC Match-Up Logic
· Prioritizes match-ups been boxers with similar OVR ratings.
· Matchups between boxers with too large a difference in OVR will not be made (no more hunting for easy fights).
· OWC Boxer Ratings have been balanced so that new boxers aren’t at as big a disadvantage starting out.

Offline Gameplay
· Rolled back a subset of previous tunerset updates that were adversely affecting offline gameplay difficulty.
· Improved the effect of Offline Gameplay Sliders for Punch Accuracy and Punch Output (as much as possible).
http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/fight-night-champion-title-update-2

alterno69

Banned
I was loving this game up until the Frost fight, fucking retarded.

Not sure i care about beating him and his super powers. Why not just make him a little stronger than the rest.

Top Bottom