• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight Night Champion |OT| Boxing + Hollywood - Sly Stallone

alterno69 said:
I was loving this game up until the Frost fight, fucking retarded.

Not sure i care about beating him and his super powers. Why not just make him a little stronger than the rest.

Agreed 100%. I still haven't beaten it and I bought it on launch day. The single most frustrating thing in a game I've played in years.

daw840

The Frost fight was frustrating at first, but once you figure out what you're supposed to do it's really not that hard.

conman

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
Agreed 100%. I still haven't beaten it and I bought it on launch day. The single most frustrating thing in a game I've played in years.
Honestly, it's not that hard. It's similar to standard "videogame-style" boss fights where you just have to figure out the weakness at each "stage" of the fight.

For me, this was one of the most satisfying sports game endings ever. Actually, this was one of the most satisfying sports game campaigns, period. I'd love nothing more than to see other sports games follow suit.

SUBZERO-08 said:
So it seems you can get the story mode of this game for $5 on PSN now. Is it worth $5 bucks? What's it like?

Just saw this in the thread relating to the free $5.99 credit vouchers from SONY. I'm sold, this is an awesome idea and I welcome it completely.

heringer

Fuck championship mode. This thing is so cheap. By the third round the stamina bar is almost completely depleted even if I'm being conservative with my punches, and while the AI can take a hundred counters directly in their faces, you can barely take two before going down. Ridiculous. Dumb fucks ruined the game, completely unbalanced.

Seriously, I'm so pissed off with the Castillo fight. Guy keeps clinching me every time, draining my stamina. I want to kill this asshole.

daw840

Fuck championship mode. This thing is so cheap. By the third round the stamina bar is almost completely depleted even if I'm being conservative with my punches, and while the AI can take a hundred counters directly in their faces, you can barely take two before going down. Ridiculous. Dumb fucks ruined the game, completely unbalanced.

Seriously, I'm so pissed off with the Castillo fight.

The final fight is scripted. Just survive until you can kill him.

heringer

Beat that Castillo asshole by running from him the entire fight. Game is going to be cheap on me? Well, I'm going to be cheap right back at it!

Gonna change the difficulty to amateur so I can finish the game. I'll only finish it because I love me some Rocky story, but there's no fun to be found in this game, the AI is ridiculously unbalanced. It's like this game was handled by complete amateurs.

daw840

Beat that Castillo asshole by running from him the entire fight. Game is going to be cheap on me? Well, I'm going to be cheap right back at it!

Gonna change the difficulty to amateur so I can finish the game. I'll only finish it because I love me some Rocky story, but there's no fun to be found in this game, the AI is ridiculously unbalanced. It's like this game was handled by complete amateurs.

I agree. FN3 was easily the best boxing game to ever be released. Then they fucked it all up with 4 and Champion. All they had to do was tweak the graphics and add some boxers, it would have been pure sex, but no they decided to fuck with it.

I agree. FN3 was easily the best boxing game to ever be released. Then they fucked it all up with 4 and Champion. All they had to do was tweak the graphics and add some boxers, it would have been pure sex, but no they decided to fuck with it.

FNR3 ALL THE WAY.

Polyphony

I got the digital copy of FNC (Champion mode) off PSN the other day and decided to add the Fight Now mode. Are only legends included? I'd like to fight as Manny, De La Hoya, Jones Jr, but they can't be found anywhere.

Shadybiz

Sorry for the bump..

How is the online in this game (i.e., still active, etc)? I picked it up yesterday, and am playing through the story mode, but after that, I'll want to get into the MP.

I still have FNR3, I think. I remember it having a strong community, but there were some issues:
You'd get the occasional loudmouth (easy enough, just turn off the chat volume, or be a loudmouth back).

Also, you'd get people who go in there and just throw special punches the whole time. Easy enough to figure out the pattern, and dismantle them from there, but still annoying.

Finally, you'd have people disconnecting right when you were about to win, so you wouldn't be credited with the win. Has that been fixed in anyway? I know you can't stop someone from DC'ing, but have they made it so the person who DC's gets credited with a loss?

theBishop

Banned
How is Middleweight champion Sergio Martinez not in this game?

sergiowilliams.gif

I want to put him up against Mayweather. Actually a lot of my current dream matchups are not possible in Fight Night.

MrPliskin

Banned
Sorry for the bump..

How is the online in this game (i.e., still active, etc)? I picked it up yesterday, and am playing through the story mode, but after that, I'll want to get into the MP.

I still have FNR3, I think. I remember it having a strong community, but there were some issues:
You'd get the occasional loudmouth (easy enough, just turn off the chat volume, or be a loudmouth back).

Also, you'd get people who go in there and just throw special punches the whole time. Easy enough to figure out the pattern, and dismantle them from there, but still annoying.

Finally, you'd have people disconnecting right when you were about to win, so you wouldn't be credited with the win. Has that been fixed in anyway? I know you can't stop someone from DC'ing, but have they made it so the person who DC's gets credited with a loss?

I thought the online was terrible, just like FNR4. People just exploit the stupid systems and barrage you with punches, etc. There is no "sweet science" to it. If you want a good boxing experience, find someone one a community forum who wants to play it "right". Otherwise be prepared to be frustrated.

Shadybiz

I thought the online was terrible, just like FNR4. People just exploit the stupid systems and barrage you with punches, etc. There is no "sweet science" to it. If you want a good boxing experience, find someone one a community forum who wants to play it "right". Otherwise be prepared to be frustrated.

Ah, was afraid of that, but this news is not unexpected, either. Yeah, in FNR3, I would actually try to "box." Stick and move, parry, etc. If my opponent did the same, it was usually a really good fight. Unfortunately, this only happened maybe half of the time.

Edit: That looked like a hell of a punch, theBishop!

rvy

Banned
Why is this game such a massive piece of shit online? Jesus Christ, I'm being beaten by people who can't even counter-punch but happen to have ridiculous reach and stats. They play like idiots and yet they win, it's awesome. The jab of doom is my favorite part.
No, wait, my favorite part is not being able to use my stats from Legacy online and get my ass whooped by retards.

Kudos, EA sports. Kudos.

Edit, didn't even read the previous posts. Looks like I'm not alone. Great.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, no. Fuck this game. Online gyms is pathetic. Online as a whole is. I'm out. Game is good offline though.

Sorry to bump this old decrepit thread... but is anyone else's copy freezing up when you try to create a character when you're logged on to psn?, it keeps freezing on me and i have to do a hard reset on my ps3 and i'm wondering if i'm alone on this.

Top Bottom