• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

I am seeing Sicario instead of The Martian this weekend, anyone in this boat? movie looks pretty cool and I loved Enemy, Prisoners and Incendies
sicario is awesome and probably the most intense film I've watched in a long while.

I have not watched any of the director's previous works before but will do so after seeing sicario.

and roger deakins did cinematography for the film and it looked so pretty as well.

WarRock

rznl6.jpg
Me messing around with Oro right now.

ShinMaruku

I'm much happier without looking at anime twitter at least. Dunno about better. I've been playing Smash 4 a lot lately instead and I'm working in schools more in the meantime.

Well my friend took a 4 month break and his first tourney he went back he got to top 4. :)

jerry1594

so many lives lost to a roster discussion. Man who even cares? 3S is everyone's favorite SF and it has Twelve and Necro and Ibuki
Correction. 3s is everyone's favorite one word response to the biweekly what's your favorite thread followed by a gif, on this forum.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm much happier without looking at anime twitter at least. Dunno about better. I've been playing Smash 4 a lot lately instead and I'm working in schools more in the meantime.
But you just said you havent played a fighting game in 2 months :p

Beats

I should probably stick to one fighting game too. I have fun with a lot of them, but progress feels slower if I play too many at once.

Maybe I'll just stick to Smash 4 and Melee...I dunno.

Anne

Who have you been using? Also, play Villager if you like making people go through an obstacle course.

Well I really like Lucina but she's butts, so I've been flipping back between ZSS and Sheik. Probably gonna use ZSS and have somebody else besides Sheik to play in higher tiers. Ness and Pikachu are kinda neat.

I've been doing pretty well so far for being a week in, a lot of FG stuff like RPS and spacing carried over. Biggest hurdle is really controlling my character, never played a FG on pad and haven't touched Smash even casually since I was like 10.

Tripon

Well I really like Lucina but she's butts, so I've been flipping back between ZSS and Sheik. Probably gonna use ZSS and have somebody else besides Sheik to play in higher tiers. Ness and Pikachu are kinda neat.
Play Roy if you haven't yet. Nice rushdown version of what Marth and Lucina should be in Smash 4.

Anne

Play Roy if you haven't yet. Nice rushdown version of what Marth and Lucina should be in Smash 4.

I really like how calm I can play Lucina/Marth though, if I wanna run at somebody I'll pick ZSS. The only other FE I'd try is Robin I think. Lots of neat characters in this game though, watching streams to see the characters doing stuff and then thinking "hey this looks kinda fun" is how I ended up buying it.

Also reprogramming my brain that aerials are not plus is hilarious. In FGs I play characters that win when they come down on top of you, and my first few tries with Smash have been me falling onto shields and eating shit. Everything screams to me that SHFF aerials should be safer than they are and then I get shieldgrabbed.

Pikachu is deceptively amazing, probably the one character everyone knows is good but nobody really plays.

I think Pikachu is nuts, yeah lol

I've been doing pretty well so far for being a week in, a lot of FG stuff like RPS and spacing carried over. Biggest hurdle is really controlling my character, never played a FG on pad and haven't touched Smash even casually since I was like 10.
Pikachu is deceptively amazing, probably the one character everyone knows is good but nobody really plays.

Roy is cheeks, I wouldn't listen to this. Marth is still way better than him.

EDIT: To elaborate, I'd say Roy is only slightly better than Ike, who is better than Robin (who is the worst of the FE characters).

Tripon

Roy is cheeks, I wouldn't listen to this. Marth is still way better than him.

EDIT: To elaborate, I'd say Roy is only slightly better than Ike, who is better than Robin (who is the worst of the FE characters).
I do main Ike in Smash 4.

Tripon

On a random day, I'll switch Ike and Roy on that FE list I just made. I love Ike, but damn does he disappoint me sometimes. Then randomly I'll sing his praises for a while. It's so weird.
He's strong and deceptively fast, especially when he had his close combat side B custom. Kinda like Makoto in Ultra.

Sigh, a big part of why I liked customs was because it made Ike a little more of how I wanted to play him, but didn't make him over powered. Oh well.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I should probably stick to one fighting game too. I have fun with a lot of them, but progress feels slower if I play too many at once.

I have exactly same problem. I really love Marvel, Street Fighter, Anime and Smash. It was incredible hard for me to balance those games around. I decided to force myself to downsize the choices but it wasn't easy for me to do.

Yeah, I really enjoy playing with Roy more than I did with Marth and Lucina in Smash 4. Roy really suit me very well but unfortunately he really have bad recovery when some characters could gimp him easily.

Yeah! :) Pikachu is pretty awesome to play with but unfortunately, I didn't really play him very well. I think I'm way better with Duck Hunt than I really am with any of few secondary characters that I tried to get better with. Like Little Mac, Pikachu, Robin, etc.

Tripon

In the "Does Infiltration want to play SFV chronicles", he said early today during the Ultra monthly for Arcade Stream that he is really looking forward to Laura.

Numb

will keep an eye on this

Thanks for the heads up
Starting.
Let's see if anyone can even stop Mr Naps.
In the "Does Infiltration want to play SFV chronicles", he said early today during the Ultra monthly for Arcade Stream that he is really looking forward to Laura.
Won't he play every else too tho? Can't tell who his ''true'' main will be.
I do main Ike in Smash 4.
Playing King Dedede outside solo fights is so much fun.
Spike balls on screen all the time and suiciding with the command sucking grabs producing the salt.
DDD the best.

That depends on what you take away from other games and their characters. I couldn't play charge characters or grapplers before Skullgirls, but now I've gotten enough ParaBella experience to make playing Alex pretty fun in 3S. Three years of VSav Lei Lei has made me far better at staggering my normals (you need this in a game full of GCs/Alpha counters) and conserving health too. With all this in hand my 3S game has improved by leaps and bounds without even touching the game. Now that SFV isn't looking like my cup of tea anymore I can go all in on 3S Alex and actually get good at a numbered SF game. People probably think my methods are crazy, but they work well enough for me. The only random games in all of this are probably +R and AH3.

Come Summer I'll be more well rounded than ever.

Shun

Because people hate vortex. Simple as that. They get caught in a vortex due to their bad/missed tech skills and oki then bye bye you lose the round. Same reason why people complained the hell out of juggling/bounding in Tekken. You feel useless and helpless.

ShinMaruku

See I have a 3 character stable I use of Juri,Cammy and Ibuki so depending on match up or who I am playing I pick whomever. Ibuki is special just because the pace she can set and the just STUPID Yun match up which is the best in the game.

notworksafe

Intelliheath sorry I ruined your nonsense thread on gaming side. Your obsession with me is adorable but I'll stay out of it and let it go back to people crying about alex, urien , and the importance of the comic book plot (and where to download it illegally) for 20000 posts. i knew roster threads brought out the crazy but i didn't realize the op would be worse than all of them.

Intelliheath sorry I ruined your nonsense thread on gaming side. Your obsession with me is adorable but I'll stay out of it and let it go back to people crying about alex, urien , and the importance of the comic book plot (and where to download it illegally) for 20000 posts. i knew roster threads brought out the crazy but i didn't realize the op would be worse than all of them.

lmao, you got (rightfully) called out.
You've made it clear that you don't like the roster discussion thread yet you kept checking it and posting in it/about it.

And Ibuki is a cool character. Not fun to fight against though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom