• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
『Inaba Resident』;180639430 said:
lmao, you got (rightfully) called out.
You've made it clear that you don't like the roster discussion thread yet you kept checking it and posting in it/about it.

Thank you for standing up for me!

ill take the L for that. this is thanks i get for enlightening everyone on the glory of gief and sim

I will write out a huge thank you once Dhalsim got confirmed. You could have potentially save us from some posters' meltdowns in the future. No worries, mate!

『Inaba Resident』;180639868 said:
You did both. Mocking the thread in and out of it. I get why he's a bit annoyed.

Yeah, I'm annoyed because I don't really like someone really look down on people because their opinions and interests are different.

A lot of managing this is finding games that you like that have low maintenance requirements, which sadly tends to mean avoiding most modern fighters.

That's truly unfortunate situation for me. That's probably why I always drawn to heavy characters and grappler archetype because they are easy to play with (at least for me)I and I don't really have to memorize a lot of combos since most of grapplers really have low counts of combo.

No wonder I can't find you fuckers cause you're on this side now.

Welcome back. Don't forget to sub this time! :p

notworksafe

haha heath you're right. i acted real dumb and turned into a reveal thread-tier poster. i'll take the L again. we cool, man.

starting to have some empathy for yams right now :(

Neoxon

How long do you guys think I have to get the TE2 before the SFV Beta starts up again? I just want to be prepared.

Some of the characters in Arcana are actually pretty cool, not all of them are cutesy
This is why I play Zenia Valov. You just know her favorite anime is Big O.
Pretty much how I feel. All my art is based off of stuff like Silvestri and McFarlane comics from my youth, but I'm playing characters like Dorothy and making OT's for Arcana Heart. If its a good character with interesting stuff I plays it.
The child in me would wonder how I went from Swat Cats to Kyoani, but then he'd think everything is okay again with Space Dandy and Prison School.

It's all about the booty
Not gonna lie i skipped watching a match of arcana heart first time i saw angelia
Just that? I almost skip watching whenever the sidebars are animated lol.
I'm in a similar situation. SFV just doesn't look that exciting, but I have a lot to look forward to in seeing if GG with Sol clicks with me and learning ST and 3S. There's also an active Melee scene that could be an intriguing prospect and JJBA and Chaos Breaker to learn.
I'm having much more fun with 3S than I expected. I guess all that time with Bella has made 360 motions less scary. Nothing beats catching an opponent in the air with 5HK, though. It's like God himself put on a steel toe boot and destroys the opponent's urge to ever jump again.
I haven't even played Skullgirls until Beowulf became a character because I dislike how all the other characters look

I'm one of those people lmao
Don't feel bad. You at least play the game. I can't tell you how many people swore up and down the streets that they were going to play the game now that they got an Egyptian Waifu and Husbando Wrassler. Unfortunately we didn't see that big of a swell in player numbers.
Gettin hot in herr
I'm not taking off all my clothes. It's getting chilly as fuck up in here. Winter is coming for sure.

Azure J

Lost Soul the online warrior 3-0s EVO top 8 Zidane in Winners Finals.

Lost Soul is fucking incredible. Fun fact: the first match of Xrd I ever played was in an online lobby with him and Mahouko (before I knew anything of who was who in the scene). I was playing Elphelt. I got WASHED. On Christmas. :lol

K.Sabot

Lost Soul is fucking incredible. Fun fact: the first match of Xrd I ever played was in an online lobby with him and Mahouko (before I knew anything of who was who in the scene). I was playing Elphelt. I got WASHED. On Christmas. :lol

Pretty sure last time Lost Soul went to a TSB he won that one against Zidane too.

Dude's the best in America, he's the secret boss.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
haha heath you're right. i acted real dumb and turned into a reveal thread-tier poster. i'll take the L again. we cool, man.

We cool! :D

Yeah, like VJC said, it always take some terrible things to turn us into shit posters. If Waluigi become playable character in Smash Bros, I might promise you that I might become shit poster in that thread. Again, I already got my favorite characters so I don't know how I would react.

Numb

Just that? I almost skip watching whenever the sidebars are animated lol.

I'm not taking off all my clothes. It's getting chilly as fuck up in here. Winter is coming for sure.

I don't mind that. Mei and Maori are goodness. It's the ''smaller'' stuff i don't wanna be anywhere near.
Also living in the viking lands and snow is your friend wether you like it or not.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No idea, probably sometime in October.

I understand how Neoxon felt because I'm waiting for them to restock Ultra SF4 TE2. I would like to support MadCatz mainly because Markman have done a lot for community. Also I refused to buy any TE from scalpers because of the notion I had for Markman and they sell it like 50% more which is like $300 to $350.

Tripon

Well, Madcatz makes sure to bring sticks when they are at tournaments.

Speaking of tournaments, SCR will have a Ft10 exhibition between Cloud805 vs Takumi.

Speaking of SCR, who wants to make the SCR & BGS thread? I know people like to make threads for majors. I will do it if nobody shows interest, but I want to make sure people who want to do it gets a chance.

Mizerman

We cool! :D

Yeah, like VJC said, it always take some terrible things to turn us into shit posters. If Waluigi become playable character in Smash Bros, I might promise you that I might become shit poster in that thread. Again, I already got my favorite characters so I don't know how I would react.

I dread of that day. Mainly because the Smash boards will engulf in flames somewhere between the Ridley talks and rep discussions.

Tripon

For me, its King K. Rool. That character was dumb and will always remain dumb. Why would a crocodile want bananas?!!?

ShinMaruku

How a character looks is always a great reason to play or not play something along with gameplay. It's like me with skullgirls, I can dig the art, but that game resembles MVC2 and that damn game put me through the Blender so I never partook.

Now Rising Thunder, I see robits and I'm like "Nope"

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
around this time last year is when i lost my offline weeklies for VF. im watching old tourney footage from then and I'm playing like a lunatic. doing lots of weird shit. I'm happy that in the absence of regular offline sets I've still been able to improve (significantly, i think), but i wonder how much better id be if i lived in Toronto. hm.

WarRock

If I dislike how a character looks, then at least he needs to have a move that looks or feels good or I'm just not going use him.

Case in point, SF IV Seth can die in a fire, but his mobility is cool and I have a friend who hates to get caught in his crHP xx Hyakuretsukyaku. Obviously I do that at least once when playing against him.

On the other hand, I dislike everything about GG Testament, so dude is a moot point in character select screen for me.

And that's why some characters are so great for me, love how they look and play (GG Baiken, KoF Vanessa, 3S Elena, VSav Talbain, SFAlpha Guy).

ShinMaruku

around this time last year is when i lost my offline weeklies for VF. im watching old tourney footage from then and I'm playing like a lunatic. doing lots of weird shit. I'm happy that in the absence of regular offline sets I've still been able to improve (significantly, i think), but i wonder how much better id be if i lived in Toronto. hm.

I sometimes find it refreshing that if you play for a good amount of time then take a break to fresh your mind when you come back in you see you have improved. I had it happen in a few games for me and I am on a extended break from SF but hopefully when I get back my Ibuki and Juri and Cammy will be pretty bad dames.

Essay

This set is too sick.

So glad I had good-fortune to go in on an end-of-the-night set against Lost Soul just before close at TSB in March. Went something like 3-12, which felt like an Olympic Medal-winning performance on my part for what it's worth.

Top player and stand-up guy. A serious sponsor should take a chance on him already.

EDIT: And he takes it from Zidane with a Perfect. Man's play is too real.

Numb

How a character looks is always a great reason to play or not play something along with gameplay. It's like me with skullgirls, I can dig the art, but that game resembles MVC2 and that damn game put me through the Blender so I never partook.

Now Rising Thunder, I see robits and I'm like "Nope"

Going for the couple of archetypes i usually play first before design always. Then comes alot of small details i won't get into.
i tried

Nothing not to understand about robots. It's robots.

K.Sabot

Lost Soul is the secret god of GG in America.

I knew he was gonna win when I saw he was going, dude could make a living bopping america but he's like nah.

ShinMaruku

Going for the couple of archetypes i usually play first before design always. Then comes alot of small details i won't get into.
i tried

Nothing not to understand about robots. It's robots.

I'm archetypes + looks unless it's a 3d game then it's all looks and gameplay.

Numb

I'm archetypes + looks unless it's a 3d game then it's all looks and gameplay.

Archetype then also needs gameplay. Like bosses so was excited for Ram in Xrd till i saw the sword placings. That's an archetype i actively don't play so skipped her. Grapplers are a simple and fun archetype. Usually a big dude/wrestler and sometimes lucha girl and that blonde american girl who always somehow has the american flag on her clothing(mainly bra). Finally Bruce lee clone. 50/50 for random reasons. Chie=cool,Fei Long=nah,Marshal Law=cool,Jann Lee=nah etc etc

.la1n

Mr Naps wins.
I am shocked!
Not tho.

I don't think anyone would have bet against it. It was still great seeing the usual suspects putting in work. Not their fault that it's difficult as hell to get any reasonable practice in the game.

Numb

In general archetype dictates gameplay and can be a useful shorthand to know how a character plays.
Really helpful in not having a character crisis in a new game.
That Tamaki grappler from Aquapazza was really cool but it was still Aquapazza and no one was interested.

I don't think anyone would have bet against it. It was still great seeing the usual suspects putting in work. Not their fault that it's difficult as hell to get any reasonable practice in the game.

People were trying and he didn't have a complete breeze through like predicted.
Namco gonna do it's regular bullshit again and again and i think they are used to it by now. Having The World Tournament when the game is not out outside a few countries. Hilarious how people are supposed to practice.

ShinMaruku

If people are expecting to actually practice as they'd like and they live outside of asia with Tekken are kind kidding themselves.

shaowebb

Some of the characters in Arcana are actually pretty cool, not all of them are cutesy

I'm actually surprised by the number of charge characters in Arcana Heart and by how E moves can be charged to get a different move but you barely have to hold the button down before its ready. Literally the difference between a tap and holding the button at all is all you need to make the fully charged Arcana attack come out.

Its really surprsing that charge characters are so good from all the tier lists I'm reading. Angelia is one I ran into and got bodied by that has kind of a mix of The Hulk and Raiden from KOF goin on. Gamma charge like flying headbutts everywhere and cancel with any direction plus another button to make her redirect. Also a chargeable dropkick like Raiden. Just a lot of combos with her too given she has a Choi bounge style spinning multihit move in the air and a halo throw that allows her to pick up folks in a combo from decent range. Just a great toolset and its all on a charge character of all things. Check out Angelia

Fun fact...Momiji plays this game. Here's their Arcana Heart 3 Love Max tier list. No mention on what Arcana though

S Zenia, Weiss, Elsa
A Yoriko, Nazuna, Catherine, Kira, Kamui, Eko, Mei-fang
B Everyone else
C Except for Maori

Honestly most tiers put Zenia up there at S tier. Been looking around and she got the damage with all her Cancel filled combos...is this the first ever S tier boxer character?

Numb

If people are expecting to actually practice as they'd like and they live outside of asia with Tekken are kind kidding themselves.
Only hurts all the people hungry for the game in the rest of the world. Hype dies down alot when they've been watching the game for 1yr+ before getting to play and it's old by the time it's released for them.
Naps the only guy doing anything and he is doing ALOT to be top 8 at evo without the game. Can't expect that from everyone. It's impossible.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

You enjoy your L breh
SnLQY42.png

nbasupersaiyan.gif

cSyHoGN.gif

ShinMaruku

Only hurts all the people hungry for the game in the rest of the world. Hype dies down alot when they've been watching the game for 1yr+ before getting to play and it's old by the time it's released for them.
Naps the only guy doing anything and he is doing ALOT to be top 8 at evo without the game. Can't expect that from everyone. It's impossible.

Namco's plan is something special.

Dahbomb

The hate for the roster thread is getting a bit over the top. That's why there's a separate thread for it, so that people can talk about roster stuff in there and not here.

Let people do what they enjoy doing. You don't have to read the roster thread if you don't want to. At the same time let's not bring unnecessary roster thread drama/hate in here please.

Or don't bother anyway because A) we in the community so it doesn't matter and B) I am not a tournament winner so my opinion doesn't matter.

ShinMaruku

If that means garbage in english then yes.
Garbage

Garbage is being charitable.

Now one thing I would like to discuss why calling playing 'lame' something as a misnomer because it's really just forcing somebody to come to you and play into your hand if done properly. Sometimes it's easier to make somebody do what you want by not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom