• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;180639430 said:
lmao, you got (rightfully) called out.
You've made it clear that you don't like the roster discussion thread yet you kept checking it and posting in it/about it.

And Ibuki is a cool character. Not fun to fight against though.

Well, at least fighting Ibuki is a lot of fun compared to fighting Elena.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lol at people that need something specific visually to even have interest in a character.

Guy/Girl/Demon so on.

Those people annoy me the most. Oh you'll love this character he plays the the exact way you like playing!

NOT A 1000 YEAR OLD HALF NAKED LOLI DONT WANT.

This character has everything you ever wanted in a character your entire life gameplaywise.

EWW I WANT A BUFF RIPPED MANLY FUCKER IM NOT WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS GAME.

This character doesnt fit your mindset and you just don't click with them at all you wont really advance as a player if you use them.

I DONT CARE DAT ASS IS TOO PHAT OMG BRB LOOKING UP SOME RULE 34

lol at people that need something specific visually to even have interest in a character.

Guy/Girl/Demon so on.

Those people annoy me the most. Oh you'll love this character he plays the the exact way you like playing!

This character has everything you ever wanted in a character your entire life gameplaywise.

smh hating on karst while he's banned

mbpm1

Mechanics/Control method is something people pass over all the time in games these days

I've had to butt out of AAA games because of how shitty it feels to just move

mbpm1

Dude, it tioally does. If I can't style with ya exactly how I want, what is the point?
kappa. :p

Thats why we gotta get that tekken tag 2 customization setup

your 1000 year old loli immortal can become buff american street brawler male in the space of a few button presses

Kappa

This character doesnt fit your mindset and you just don't click with them at all you wont really advance as a player if you use them.
This is the same as criticizing everyone in the roster thread. Some people just don't care about the gameplay, they just like the characters or don't. Judging others based on how they want to waste their free time is silly.

.la1n

Oddly enough a lot of times the characters I have the least interest in visually end up being the ones that fit the play style I'm looking for.

shaowebb

『Inaba Resident』;180641784 said:
Aesthetics are important but you really shouldn't let it dictate 100% who you use.
If a character is fun, a character is fun.

Pretty much how I feel. All my art is based off of stuff like Silvestri and McFarlane comics from my youth, but I'm playing characters like Dorothy and making OT's for Arcana Heart. If its a good character with interesting stuff I plays it.

notworksafe

aesthetics matter for my initial choices in games but i usually will end up playing a character i wasn't into the looks of at the start.

then i'll just convince myself that their look is cool, whatever it is.

shes so fun in 3s

Probably my favourite SF3 character to watch.

If you play her.

I don't and I still like her.

I have exactly same problem. I really love Marvel, Street Fighter, Anime and Smash. It was incredible hard for me to balance those games around. I decided to force myself to downsize the choices but it wasn't easy for me to do.

A lot of managing this is finding games that you like that have low maintenance requirements, which sadly tends to mean avoiding most modern fighters.

That depends on what you take away from other games and their characters. I couldn't play charge characters or grapplers before Skullgirls, but now I've gotten enough ParaBella experience to make playing Alex pretty fun in 3S. Three years of VSav Lei Lei has made me far better at staggering my normals (you need this in a game full of GCs/Alpha counters) and conserving health too. With all this in hand my 3S game has improved by leaps and bounds without even touching the game. Now that SFV isn't looking like my cup of tea anymore I can go all in on 3S Alex and actually get good at a numbered SF game. People probably think my methods are crazy, but they work well enough for me. The only random games in all of this are probably +R and AH3.

Come Summer I'll be more well rounded than ever.

I'm in a similar situation. SFV just doesn't look that exciting, but I have a lot to look forward to in seeing if GG with Sol clicks with me and learning ST and 3S. There's also an active Melee scene that could be an intriguing prospect and JJBA and Chaos Breaker to learn.

Everything is fun compared to ELena

This.

.la1n

aesthetics matter for my initial choices in games but i usually will end up playing a character i wasn't into the looks of at the start.

then i'll just convince myself that their look is cool, whatever it is.

LMAO I do the same thing, convince myself into thinking they look cooler than they actually do.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's why they nerfed the downthrow. Luigi has a bunch of other tools to get damage and kills.

He still seems to get damage off his downthrow though, maybe more than before. Is it really a nerf then?

Or could you kill with it and I didn't know and regret not knowing

Grakl

Guy/Girl/Demon so on.

I DONT CARE DAT ASS IS TOO PHAT OMG BRB LOOKING UP SOME RULE 34
I haven't even played Skullgirls until Beowulf became a character because I dislike how all the other characters look

I'm one of those people lmao

Neoxon

I'm thinking of just modding my Eightarc Onyx with a PS360+ so I can use that for the Houston venues & Mahvel. So Arcade UFO is still open?

JeTmAn81

I don't care all that much about visuals if I like the way a character plays. It's a video game, not an oil painting.

Azure J

He still seems to get damage off his downthrow though, maybe more than before. Is it really a nerf then?

Or could you kill with it and I didn't know and regret not knowing

Yeah, I was wondering why people were getting so hype because "Luigi bodied" when everything I usually did with him still works. Down throw - tornado being gone is whatever to me.

Perro

Yep, if I'm ok with the overall aesthetics of the game, I'm willing to try every character.
I'll still bitch about how ugly the designs are tho. (looking @ u Juri and KOF13 Athena)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Intelliheath sorry I ruined your nonsense thread on gaming side. Your obsession with me is adorable but I'll stay out of it and let it go back to people crying about alex, urien , and the importance of the comic book plot (and where to download it illegally) for 20000 posts. i knew roster threads brought out the crazy but i didn't realize the op would be worse than all of them.

he threw a temper tantrum in his thread because i was mocking it in a totally different thread. sorry for having opinions bruh

You are just salty that I called you out right front of audience in the thread. Now you are being passive aggressive with me. Now that's adorable! :) I don't understand why you would think that I'm being obsessed with you because you basically post a lot of hate messages today so it's kinda hard to forget what you said in this thread and other thread.

So you called me being worse than all of them because I got tired of your antic and decide to upfront about it, right? It was quite delicious irony because you are one that telling everyone that I threw a temper tantrum but right now it look like that you are one that are throwing a hissy fit because I called you out.

Breh, it's okay to be upset about everything. I understand that you are annoyed with some people being ridiculous with their posts in your point of view. But it don't meant that you could look down on people because they just have different opinions than we do.

if I actually hurt your feeling or pride, I'm truly sorry about that! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom