• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Barely fighting game related, but Indivisible looks really good. Saw the Game Grumps play it and everything and it looks really fun.

SolarPowered, you're supposed to be on top of this news, smh
<3

It's really good. Gorgeous in motion and plays so smoothly. Playing it "right" had a bit of a learning curve but I really like it. The way comboing works it's fair to talk about it in fighting game thread.

I am worried that it's not going to hit the funding target though. People should download the preview if they haven't already.

I'm gone for a while and I come back to Grimace with a penis coming out his butt.

impressive
Looks like location tests for Skullgirls are happening at some arcades across Japan this week. I think this is the arcade site: http://sukaruga.com

Some pictures here:
https://twitter.com/HMMT1024/status/654203475958431744
https://twitter.com/T_decoy/status/654622418665734144
ASW and Lab Zero should cooperate more. Lab Zero can make a +R DLC update with all the GGPO/multi-fight lobby features as thanks for Skullgirls in arcades. Just don't let him touch the balancing. Anji probably has more to lose than gain.
Barely fighting game related, but Indivisible looks really good. Saw the Game Grumps play it and everything and it looks really fun.

SolarPowered, you're supposed to be on top of this news, smh
<3
I already put in $100. I sometimes forget that FGW is even here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But who doesn't want to see SSSSSS++++++ Tier potemkin :D
JK Mike isn't stupid as fuck and up his own ass when it comes to balance unlike some other guy that did a balance project :p

It's really good. Gorgeous in motion and plays so smoothly. Playing it "right" had a bit of a learning curve but I really like it. The way comboing works it's fair to talk about it in fighting game thread.

I am worried that it's not going to hit the funding target though. People should download the preview if they haven't already.
I want to fight the secret boss, but the crazy platforming requirements were driving me insane.
JK Mike isn't stupid as fuck and up his own ass when it comes to balance unlike some other guy that did a balance project :p
It's just that +R is the only version of GG I've known where Anji feels damn good. I don't really care what goes on with Potemkin. Besides, the terrible online is a far more pressing issue than balance. This ain't Third Strike.

WarRock

I want to fight the secret boss, but the crazy platforming requirements were driving me insane.

It's just that +R is the only version of GG I've known where Anji feels damn good. I don't really care what goes on with Potemkin. Besides, the terrible online is a far more pressing issue than balance. This ain't Third Strike.
There's a secret boss!? The hell man.

shaowebb

What the hell are you making Shaowebb?
K.I.S.S.
There is way to many opportunities for content bloat.
K.I.S.S and me are rarely philosophies that go hand in hand lol.

What I'm making is something that will take me a loooooooong time working around my industrial work schedule. Its gone through a ton of design note work. Right now, my main concern is to just layout the designs for each character and function, make the models and sloooooowly go through the fiddly bits of getting their rigs, weights, controllers setup properly till all I'm doing is animating shit forever. I got a pretty good GUI in Unity through Universal Fighting Engine I can use in Unity to take major code load off me. Plus family who are coders to modify it as needed and add new stuff. I code some too.

Its a passion project. It'll take awhile and it'll be ready when I can look at each aspect and say "yeah...that works". Part of the perk of no one needing this to ship or go hungry...I can take my time till I'm fully happy with something. Downside is I can't just work on it. I spend a LOT of time away from it for my career. I'm also helping my wife in Gamemaker now for her own project for something we can spend time on together.

Its a fun life. I'm constantly telling myself if I dont know how to do something yet then to fucking suck it up and learn to "get good" because there are no shortcuts to quality. Yesterday I finally got to see one of the cast in motion doin some stuff and it felt like Xmas came early. Need to do some kind of generic training stage soon so I have a neat backdrop for stuff. Its a fun life, but don't expect news or anything hard till I'm near a launch. Too many fucking games give out too much data early on, take years to finish, and can never deliver on too many years of fan expectations. My way around it is to just say I'm alive, working on it, and not show anything till its about ready to give people.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Let's see what Sirlin does with his own fighting game first. Not too excited from what I've heard so far.

shaowebb

Missed this, thanks Sayad!

Now I get it a bit better. Thanks for explaining all this!

No problem. Anything I can do on the boards to help give folks more clarity on just how much it takes for developers to create things is something I'd like to do. For awhile the industry relationship between players and developers was toxic and I feel one of the biggest reasons was and still is a lack of just general knowledge between the two sides just what sorts of positions each of them faced. The needs of a gamer and the monetary demands on them behind supporting certain things and the needs of a developer and just how hard it is to meet the needs of their audiences given the level of effort it now takes to meet new standards.

Its rough building games. Complete pipeline breakdowns are exceptionally rare too. I cant even begin to describe the variables to how long coding stuff can take due to all the intricate array and call functions that could so easily get goofed. I like helping folks see things with more empathy on both sides...after all we're all here because we love games.

I look forward to some later year showing up and starting the hype train sometime for what I'm currently struggling to put together with Q. Full disclosure is something I really really wanna stream. It was awesome watching the Lab Zero streams and I think that kind of communication with the players is really amazing and should happen more often. I'm not ready yet though. I'd bore people to tears because I'm at all the dull tedious stuff right now. People'd be sick of me before I had even done anything if I started that now lol.

At least I can help breakdown CG and interesting game movesets though for folks here!

ShinMaruku

So FG Gaf what other doa character should I try to tap for a tutorial video to link her?
Nyo Tengu and Momiji are in works but I'm sure I can get some Akira guides for the VF heads or other character.

cj_iwakura

I chose Katherine

5bN6EVh.gif

me too

MechaX

Ugh, best friend's little brother wants me to get CP Extend so he can play his Noel against my Hakumen.

I don't even fucking like Hakumen and all I do is random counters and pokes.

When the fuck is SFV coming out? I just want to Karin

Ugh, best friend's little brother wants me to get CP Extend so he can play his Noel against my Hakumen.

I don't even fucking like Hakumen and all I do is random counters and pokes.

When the fuck is SFV coming out? I just want to Karin

ask your best friend's little brother for 50 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom