• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Really? People making fools of themselves after every event?
People are making fools of themselves on Twitter constantly. A number of anime FG players on Twitter have a reputation for that, but to be honest that happens in a lot of communities.

I found it a bit amusing that people were complaining about the choice of commentators, since there were periods at the event during pools where they were looking for anyone to commentate. Pretty much the only game that didn't apply to was Xrd.

ShinMaruku

My view is that it's twitter, that means the fools will flock to it and be silly so I never pay attention to the twitter drama.

.la1n

Every community has it fair share of people making everyone else look bad. I always thought the KI community was overall welcoming and nice guys but I've seen a fair share of them stink up Twitter and twitch chats. It can't be helped.

peter0611

UltraDavid critiquing his own commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Mdpb7AJ68

This is so helpful. Hopefully those in the FGC who want to commentate actually take the time to improve and do more stuff like this. I personally think yacking about a match to the stream is super difficult and needs to be taken more seriously. People who do it should also be compensated in some way.

.la1n

What do you mean?

I have not had access to the beta but I have seen players mention that there are now combos present that require 1 frame link timing. Have heard that some of Ken's combos require a 1 frame window of walk forward to connect. Not sure if this is true or not.

Well, this beta phase may or may not change some of these weird "walking" links that some characters have.

If anything, I want some hitboxes to be changed. I've got Rashid's down forward whiffing when it is clearly hitting people's feet. People aren't needing to watch their feet!

kirblar

I have not had access to the beta but I have seen players mention that there are now combos present that require 1 frame link timing. Have heard that some of Ken's combos require a 1 frame window of walk forward to connect. Not sure if this is true or not.
The walk forward combos were in Beta 1 and are something that will likely be fixed before the game goes live.

Tripon

Why in the hell is Shift B the enter command for the PC beta?
Edit: can't get my Hori FC4 to work on the beta. Tested it on Ultra PC so I knownit works.
2nd edit: wtf, the keyboard commands are mapped to controller buttons?!

3rd edit: Fuck this PC beta.

Kumubou

Why in the hell is Shift B the enter command for the PC beta?
Edit: can't get my Hori FC4 to work on the beta. Tested it on Ultra PC so I knownit works.
2nd edit: wtf, the keyboard commands are mapped to controller buttons?!

3rd edit: Fuck this PC beta.
If you're using a PS4 pad or stick, download something like InputMapper and turn on the X360 pad emulation. It seems like the SF5 PC beta only works with XInput devices at this time.

Tripon

If you're using a PS4 pad or stick, download something like InputMapper and turn on the X360 pad emulation. It seems like the SF5 PC beta only works with XInput devices at this time.
Will do that. I just can't believe that Capcom over looked this shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
People freaking out over the Jam thing. When I saw the article yesterday, I just laughed and moved on. lol

Speaking of which, I remembered one guy at a loketest complained the color was always the same despite the character color.
That guy got more than he bargained for.

cj_iwakura

People freaking out over the Jam thing. When I saw the article yesterday, I just laughed and moved on. lol

Speaking of which, I remembered one guy at a loketest complained the color was always the same despite the character color.
That guy got more than he bargained for.

Is that Nine artwork from CF? Source?

Quesa

I can't figure out how to get R Mika's second combo on combosumo to work it's:

j.Hp, Mp, Hp, Forward V-Trigger, Hp, Forward Hp xx Ex Wingless Airplane

I'm not sure when I should hit the forward Hp in order for it to combo. I can only hit them in the air if I step back a bit, but then the ex wingless whiffs completely. Anyone have tips for this?

I can't figure out how to get R Mika's second combo on combosumo to work it's:

j.Hp, Mp, Hp, Forward V-Trigger, Hp, Forward Hp xx Ex Wingless Airplane

I'm not sure when I should hit the forward Hp in order for it to combo. I can only hit them in the air if I step back a bit, but then the ex wingless whiffs completely. Anyone have tips for this?

I was doing this in training yesterday and I managed to get F+HP by doing it basically instantly after Nadeshiko lands the drop kick.

edit:nvm I guess I only need to wait a bit hopefully.

Tripon

Tried for a hour, couldn't get InputMapper to recognize the FC4 or my Madcatz PS3 stick.

I'm done for the night. Just frustrated.

Uraizen

Banned
https://twitter.com/sfv_dump/status/657690557121241089
‏@sfv_dump
Partial unpack of .pak file possible. Android & iOS SFV Apps coming, also a lot of VR!
(dic: Engine/plugins/runtime)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSCWE4yWwAEKXFa.png[IMG]

OculusRift + R.Mika = ???[/QUOTE]

If it were me I would have had enough foresight to see this happen and fill the files with bullshit like stage names or "unfinished" characters. I'm sure I would be able to get approval if the higher ups were cool with it.

cj_iwakura

Didn't Nine's soul get freed by the good guys at the end of CP, or something?

It still shows her attacking Jubei, and talking as if she's perfectly normal. So who knows. I think she's lost it.

If I had to guess, she's working with Terumi of her own accord for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom