• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have been just fucking around when he said there will always be a Marvel game at Evo too.
Nah, because the history supports that statement. Marvel gets preferential treatment even, for no justifiable reason. You think Marvel will go from teacher's pet to being expelled?

Shun

Sako's daughter putting seals on his HRAP. Then practicing with him

CSsb87BU8AAoPjj.jpg:large
CSsdFUZUsAA3CxT.jpg

petghost

Banned
mikado arcade seems like the coolest place ever man. they are not only GG mecca but they run big tournaments for games you would never have guessed still had a scene like VF3, Project Justice, Vampire Hunter (secretly my fave in the series) etc. alongside tournaments for kusoge and poverty games.

here is their samsho 2 world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSQ-PCRznk0

yeah man it seems like everybody's buttons in v are kinda whack. karin low forward seems good.

Kumubou

Chun's c.MK is even worse, why even give her 3s animation when the hitox barely reach her knee?

Also, don't think Chun have a hurt box on her front leg during idle animation, that picture is selling Ryu's c.MK short.
I suspect it's more of an issue with people's standing hitboxes being narrower than you would expect from the animation rather than the normals themselves being stubby (to that extent, anyway). From what I remember dicking around in training mode, things look much more closer to what you would expect when they're crouch blocking. It might be a design decision to make the standing hitboxes narrower, but it doesn't look right with some of the walking/idle animation (like Chun's).

Anne

mikado arcade seems like the coolest place ever man. they are not only GG mecca but they run big tournaments for games you would never have guessed still had a scene like VF3, Project Justice, Vampire Hunter (secretly my fave in the series) etc. alongside tournaments for kusoge and poverty games.

I hit up their YT every now and then to see what kusoge has spawned forth. The VN type stuff always cracks me up. They get really drunk and weird sometimes though.

NEO0MJ

Nah, because the history supports that statement. Marvel gets preferential treatment even, for no justifiable reason. You think Marvel will go from teacher's pet to being expelled?

Yeah. Game is still one of the most watched games on stream as well. You'd need a really strong offer to incentivi them into dropping it.

Also, don't think Chun have a hurt box on her front leg during idle animation, that picture is selling Ryu's c.MK short.

That's what came to mind. Her stretched leg is most likely out of her hurtbox.

Numb

End of the life of the game and El Fuerte finally brings hype cos of Skullomania outfit. Usually just cringe when seeing him.

Reminding me of the Lucha outfit someone wanted for R.Mika.

ioMpXw5.png

So good.

Zissou

I think it's two things:
-I think they're deliberately prioritizing making standing normals your go-to pokes (maybe just for aesthetic reasons because it looks goofy when one or both characters spend vast majority of the match crouching? I dunno- just a hypothesis)
-They're trying to avoid having one button be the right choice too often (encouraging people to use other buttons)

It just won't cease tripping me up how respectful people are to recovering oppnents in Smash 4. Knocked out people pretty much just get back on stage. Feels weird.

NEO0MJ

compared to what? this isn't 2012 anymore

I'm mostly talking about EVO. And it looks like I was wrong. Last Evo it had the second lowest number of viewers on the last day, only beating GG Xrd. USF4, SSBM, and MKX beat it.

It just won't cease tripping me up how respectful people are to recovering oppnents in Smash 4. Knocked out people pretty much just get back on stage. Feels weird.

It depends on your character and your opponents character. Some characters take huge risks jumping off stage in defend it and other characters can defend themselves well enough off stage.

Sayad

I know for a fact that chun's cr.mk beats ryu's at least.
It does, not saying the move it self is bad in any way, it's worse in that the hit box doesn't represent the animation.
Wish hit boxes were more inline with the animation overall, especially on footsies normals.

Off-stage shenanigans require a lot of confidence in your character, and they are pretty high risk. Also, most of the top tier characters are almost impossible to gimp. You have zero chance of gimping Pikachu, Mario, ZSS and Sheik. While recovery distance is fine, some recovery moves need invincibility nerfs so the character is more vulnerable.

People are still learning the ledge trump game, too.

K.Sabot

I omega called this after my first
final
week of playing. Gravity is just super low and horizontal air movement is super high that you aren't even guaranteeing the other guy has to go to ledge unless you put them right at the horizontal blast zones.

Like if they aren't at blast zone range most characters can just air movement / float all the way to the other side of the stage or not and it becomes a SFxT 1.0 roll level frustration to track and punish people trying to get back on stage.

MrDaravon

Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 47s47 seconds ago
The day is finally here! The Evo 2016 trailer will be shown before Marvel finals at Canada Cup! http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup #Evo2016

Edit: Marvel is scheduled to start at 4pm EST today (just under 3.5 hours from this post) and wrap up by 6pm EST, so ETA is probably about 5 hours from now on this trailer.

Marz

If you could actually edgeguard like in any other entry in the series i would agree. But in this game where you cant hog the ledge and the offstage game is severely weak i wouldnt sacrifice stage position.

Hey there, people. First time posting in here. Having played the PC Beta of SF5 and really enjoying it I went ahead and ordered a Qanba Q1 arcade stick and I'm really liking the feel of it so far. The thing I enjoyed about SF5 in particular was how clean and relatively slow-paced the inputs feel, but as that beta is currently down I can't practice there and have instead resorted to Skullgirls (which I am decent at with a Saturn gamepad) and... oh boy.

Now, obviously almost none of my muscle memory carried over to the stick, but I'm having a really hard time even finding where to get started and have instead resorted to playing platformers and others game instead to get used to it.

Are there any other things I could do to speed up my learning process when it comes to stick play? Like, any fighting games with slow and very deliberate inputs?

NEO0MJ

Get out of here, filthy 15er scrub!

Just kidding. Just keep doing what you're doing. As for what fighting game to practice with, I feel Tekken might help. Play Street Fighter IV as well to get a hang of spacial motions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom