• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Nine play:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27627802

Really? Where?
Also, really awesome seeing so much Platinum talk. I pretty well just played Bullet and her my last go round. Oh also since I finally modded my stick I should be cozier this time. Never could pad warrior...
PSN.

That's kinda her design I thought
Her items are random, but if I were more comfortable with my play, I should be able to keep track of what she has so I don't get whacked by a surprise hammer in the neutral.

I played Blazblue two times

played tager in ct

quit

played bullet in cp

quit
Third times a charm.

Anyone know what Nine's name is in Japanese lettering so I can do a better job searching Nicovideo for more gameplay? Still two spells no one has seen in action yet...

I'm not playing online (doing Fallout 4), but I think PSN has more or less been shitting the bed since this morning.
Zero problems for me today.

jerry1594

Anyone know what Nine's name is in Japanese lettering so I can do a better job searching Nicovideo for more gameplay? Still two spells no one has seen in action yet...
Name: Konoe Ayatsuki Mercury
Kana: コノエ゠アヤツキ゠マーキュリー
Rōmaji: Konoe Ayatsuki Mākyurī
Alias: Nine
Phantom
Nine the Phantom
Kana: ナイン
ファントム
ナイン゠ザ゠ファントム
Rōmaji: Nain
Fantomu
Nain za Fantomu

ナイン or ナインザファントム

Name: Konoe Ayatsuki Mercury
Kana: コノエ゠アヤツキ゠マーキュリー
Rōmaji: Konoe Ayatsuki Mākyurī
Alias: Nine
Phantom
Nine the Phantom
Kana: ナイン
ファントム
ナイン゠ザ゠ファントム
Rōmaji: Nain
Fantomu
Nain za Fantomu
Thanks guys!

El Sloth

Banned
Depends, are you having fun with those two games? Are there other Wii U games that have your interest? If so, nothing to feel remorse about, man.
I haven't even opened the box yet, but I've had fun with Smash 4 at friend's places. Any time I've tried the online it feels everyone else is playing a whole different game tho lol.
well as someone who owns both...I barely use either and just play PC. except for blaz
I probably should have just gotten a new PC tbh.
No reason to get a PS4 until February - no worries.

Now, if this cost you access to SFV, then I think your decision is questionable...
I'm definitely not buying another console for a good long while... rip me

notworksafe

i actually just sold my ps4. it's pretty redundant with me having an x1 and pc as well. i hadn't really used it since the 1st sfv beta heh

wii u is a must have for me since it's the only way to play nintendo titles

time to embrace the Dark Hadou

"fuck! crouching players fuck up the styling!"

Rice-san pls ayuda!!
BN18nuH.jpg

PS4 will be worth it when sf5 comes, and by then i'll pick up BB in the bargain bin. otherwise nothing has made me break the pc trek.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
sf4 is 15 on psn, less with plus. get in dat ass folks

Gotta hit confirm

lol, that is what I've been doing to make sure my psn works.

breh, i need to add some folks

time to embrace the Dark Hadou

"fuck! crouching players fuck up the styling!"

Rice-san pls ayuda!!

PS4 will be worth it when sf5 comes, and by then i'll pick up BB in the bargain bin. otherwise nothing has made me break the pc trek.

Remain holding L's turdle.

Keyboard players, does a mechanical keyboard have any effect on execution as opposed to say.. a regular 1995 IBM or cheapo kmart brand?

Remain holding L's turdle.

it's only fair i hold some Ls from your rolento.

god knows I sent you to HFIL for a while, it's karma i guess .

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
yo recklesswolf, im sorry man. my gief just went in lol

SFV and new Fire Emblem all in the same week in Feb.

R.i.p. social life.

sfv with irl friends, fire emblem on the go. sounds fine to me lol, you can even get some girls in on fire emblem, it attracts the female demographic very well with its art style and story.

Is Dragon Ball Super good yet or naw?

BTW, I'm switching to stick. How long will it take for me to transition? I grew up playing in the arcade, but it's been a while. Then again, I played 3S on a stick while at my local last week and while I know I need practice, I was able to beat someone as Ryu with it twice in a row. The only issue I really had was the srk movement, so it was like a blast in the past for me. Still, is there enough time to transition from pad to stick before SFV rolls around? Some people say it takes at least a year (!) to transition to stick? Is that unnecessary for someone who used to arcade hop?

El Sloth, since I imagine you will be playing a ton of Smash with just a Wii U, make sure to join the Discord chat, it's where SmashGAF hangs out and plays:
Link to discord:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/latest/index-landing.aspx?cm_sp=emailsub-_-cart-_-promo

Newegg has the Asus VS247H-P for $100. One HDMI port, no audio. Its the monitor I have, and it's great for fighters.
Cool. I wasn't looking for one, I just didn't want anyone to buy that monitor on faith.

BTW, I'm switching to stick. How long will it take for me to transition? I grew up playing in the arcade, but it's been a while. Then again, I played 3S on a stick while at my local last week and while I know I need practice, I was able to beat someone as Ryu with it twice in a row. The only issue I really had was the srk movement, so it was like a blast in the past for me. Still, is there enough time to transition from pad to stick before SFV rolls around? Some people say it takes at least a year (!) to transition to stick? Is that unnecessary for someone who used to arcade hop?
It took me 3 months.

I was just thinking about all the BBCF characters that can potentially hit an opponent, meterless, from full-screen without moving horizontally or using a typical frontal projectile. Are all of these correct?

Nine: Hand of God
Arakune: j.2D
Relius: One of the D attacks
Amane: Drills
Nu/Lambda: D swords
Mu: D attacks
Kokonoe: Magnet + Fireball

Am I missing anyone?

I play Tao. I'm tired of playing characters like her atm, I'm better at other things these days.

Ah, gotcha. Who do you main in other games?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

it doesnt take that long, give or take two weeks to a month tops if you grind it out regularly. youll get used to it just like how you got used to a controller but dont be ashamed to stay on controller, i play on a DS1 pad and I can still duke it out well with other players, plus Luffy plays on that, even tho he's legitimacy as a good player is in question.

Studying Valmaster, Infiltration, Vulva, and Matsuri's Chun Li's. <3

Writing notes in Google Docs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv22EbM56ZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJdowZ1hAS4

god damn.... now i feel like im not doing enough! wtf lol, stop making me feel bad about my progress

Only the 4D sword will hit, max distance everything else is out of range.

Specials/projectiles will reach too, but only the ones that originate from where Nu is standing I think.
Ah, thank you.

By the way, was I handling your full-screen pressure properly when we played? Do I have to block through that long string into the low? Can you cancel into the low at any time, or only at the end?

it doesnt take that long, give or take two weeks to a month tops if you grind it out regularly. youll get used to it just like how you got used to a controller but dont be ashamed to stay on controller, i play on a DS1 pad and I can still duke it out well with other players, plus Luffy plays on that, even tho he's legitimacy as a good player is in question.

god damn.... now i feel like im not doing enough! wtf lol, stop making me feel bad about my progress
Stop bakin' and start shakin'.

For me it's not feeling like I'm being forced to switch, but out of pure need. Playing charge doesn't feel good to me on the controller and never has. I think that's a big part of my hesitation towards charge characters despite Chun being my main when SF2 came out.

Due to me discovering charge charge characters, I feel like I'm hampered by a d-pad. The d-pad is great for motion characters, but for charge, it doesn't exactly feel intuitive. Sliding your thumb to do charges has never felt feel right, and I remember learning SF2 in the arcades when I was 7. I'd play Chun and never have an issue. I think using your wrist and more fingers gives more control as to just using your thumb, especially when doing a charge super such as Chun's U1. it feels weird on pad, sliding your thumb over the pad, and the Hori FC4 has an amazing d-pad practically made for that kind of thing.

I heard that Chun's Kikoken is no longer charge in SFV, but looking at move lists, it is. Her super is a motion, but still.

For me it's not feeling like I'm being forced to switch, but out of pure need. Playing charge doesn't feel good to me on the controller and never has. I think that's a big part of my hesitation towards charge characters despite Chun being my main when SF2 came out.

Due to me discovering charge charge characters, I feel like I'm hampered by a d-pad. The d-pad is great for motion characters, but for charge, it doesn't exactly feel intuitive. Sliding your thumb to do charges has never felt feel right, and I remember learning SF2 in the arcades when I was 7. I'd play Chun and never have an issue. I think using your wrist and more fingers gives more control, especially when doing a charge super, such as Chun's U1. it feels weird on pad, sliding your thumb over the pad, and the Hori FC4 has an amazing d-pad practically made for that kind of thing.

I heard that Chun's Kikoken is no longer charge in SFV, but looking at move lists, it is. Her super is a motion, but still.
Lots of whiners want Kikoken to be a motion input, but it should (and will) stay a charge input.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Karst, I shall commence the shaking. Can anyone recommend a godlike headset? I need it for ambient inclusion or whatever the fuck it is.

Decided to reread all of the GTO series. Onizuka hoooooooooooooooooooooo.

ORA ORA ORA ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

For me it's not feeling like I'm being forced to switch, but out of pure need.

Due to me discovering charge charge characters, I feel like I'm hampered by a d-pad. The d-pad is great for motion characters, but for charge, it doesn't exactly feel intuitive. Sliding your thumb to do charges has never felt feel right, and I remember learning SF2 in the arcades when I was 7. I'd play Chun and never have an issue. I think using your wrist and more fingers gives more control, especially when doing a charge super, such as Chun's U1. it feels weird on pad, sliding your thumb over the pad, and the Hori FC4 has an amazing d-pad practically made for that kind of thing.

With the mention of charge characters, this is a smart decision to make. It does make it easier to hold charges.

Ah, thank you.

By the way, was I handling your full-screen pressure properly when we played? Do I have to block through that long string into the low? Can you cancel into the low at any time, or only at the end?
Any sword summon can be cancelled into a special I think. All of the sword summons on the ground can be blocked low except for the first 4D one which is an overhead, the one that spawns high up behind the opponent. You can only do 8 sword summons on the ground per combo/string.

That low sickle that spawns behind the opponent tracks only as far as midscreen, so you don't have worry about it further away.

Edit: So effectively you can just crouch block absolutely everything and look at Nu for her 4D overhead animation as a tell. So no good mix ups at full screen, at midscreen you get at least something with the fast low projectile, the overhead, or cancelling a sword summon into a cross up dash.

Edit: https://youtu.be/GXqHQOr38GQ watching Japanese Nu players is so cool. Sword summons have a ton of recovery on them, so the game plan seems to just be using special cancel gimmicks to lead into a mix up or a rest. Kind of screwed if you guess wrong though because you can only cancel into another sword summon on block/hit and jump cancel only on hit.

Edit3: Oh, only special cancellable on block/hit. If you whiff a sword you are stuck in recovery with no way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom