• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

time to embrace the Dark Hadou

"fuck! crouching players fuck up the styling!"

Rice-san pls ayuda!!

PS4 will be worth it when sf5 comes, and by then i'll pick up BB in the bargain bin. otherwise nothing has made me break the pc trek.

Crouching players shouldn't have too much impact on E.Ryu to be honest; just can't scrub out and use close s.MP in place of the proper FADC links. I mean you can, but you shouldn't.

Street Fighter folks:

How do you personally FADC?

Gootecks, in a tutorial, puts hits index finger on top of his middle for support and hits both mp and lp at the same time as he dashes to fadc so that it's an instant dash. I like to have my index underneath my middle finger.

I'm curious about how everyone does their own person execution, not trying to say there's only a right way to do it.

Street Fighter folks:

Gootecks, in a tutorial, puts hits index finger on top of his middle for support and hits both mp and lp at the same time as he dashes to fadc so that it's an instant dash. I like to have my index underneath my middle finger.

I'm curious about how everyone does their own person execution, not trying to say there's only a right way to do it.
I use a DS3 with my mediums on R1/R2, so I focus that way. I have triple punch/kick on L1/L2, and I hit both of them for Red Focus.

I don't really use characters that require FADC so it rarely comes into play. I only bothered to learn it with Yang when I wanted to learn to use him in general.

Shackzam

Street Fighter folks:

I use the dualshock 4 and I have my thumb across the 4 top buttons so they are available to me at any time and so when I fadc I just lay my thumb across the mediums and I'm already buffering the dash as I'm doing it. So it definitely comes out.

I use a DS3 with my mediums on R1/R2, so I focus that way. I have triple punch/kick on L1/L2, and I hit both of them for Red Focus.

I don't really use characters that require FADC so it rarely comes into play. I only bothered to learn it with Yang when I wanted to learn to use him in general.

You ever have trouble doing ultras with the Ls? I play with the same config when I use controller, and since I don't have PS4 stick yet, ima be rocking DS4 for a while.

I can't do ultras for the life of me using L1/L2. When I play on pad, I basically don't do ultras or use focus attacks or FADC.

You ever have trouble doing ultras with the Ls? I play with the same config when I use controller, and since I don't have PS4 stick yet, ima be rocking DS4 for a while.

I can't do ultras for the life of me using L1/L2. When I play on pad, I basically don't do ultras or use focus attacks or FADC.
I have no problems using the L buttons for ultras. Motions are another story, but that's also due to shortcuts. I can never reliably do Hugo's U2 if I have EX.

Numb

Fighter AI should go from easy to 1 lvl below impossible.
Some games you put the difficulty as high as it can go and they can't even do basic combos.smh

petghost

Banned
Some games you put the difficulty as high as it can go and they can't even do basic combos.smh

i wonder if fighter AI is something that people are really thinking about...it'd be nice to have an AI opponent that you could actually learn some stuff from playing against. didnt KI have a ghost mode or something?

Tularensis

Neo Member
Sorry man, sleeping wife and baby in the room.

It's no problem family man. I ended up hitting the lobbies and got in a lot of matches. I wish I coulda got more matches in with this strong Platinum player, but after a win vs his lambda (I think), I accidentally left the kiosk and he jumped on with someone else. Pretty pissed I couldn't get any more games in with em. Also, the BB lobby system is pretty damn great. I wonder why other games haven't implemented the mini arcade thing they got.

Numb

i wonder if fighter AI is something that people are really thinking about...it'd be nice to have an AI opponent that you could actually learn some stuff from playing against. didnt KI have a ghost mode or something?

If AI really went as high as it could just below unfair/impossible, it could teach people who are not even newbies but mid to even high level players something.
KI learned your playstyle and what you did when playing the hardest difficulty..atleast so i've heard from Max doing the boss rush vid

Shadow mode was actually pretty dope. I should get back into that.

Early December is so exciting.

Fan reveal.
Nine playable.
Smash Direct.

I have so much to look forward to!

I play Aigis and Merkava :p I'm used to flight mode.
Ah, I feel you. I love flight characters, and use Sentinel, Painwheel, and Merkava. I need flight + range, so I feel like Aegis isn't for me. I love mobility and spacing. It's weird when you have a type, but a game doesn't even offer it. That's why it is hard for me to love SF games.

Are you thinking of Rachel or Izayoi? Both have flight-esque elements.

pizzacat

Banned
I've been staring at this screen trying to understand hazamas oroboros

I've been learning about the story a bit. Like there's so much of it this game made mkx money right?

Anne

Early December is so exciting.

Fan reveal.
Nine playable.
Smash Direct.

I have so much to look forward to!

Ah, I feel you. I love flight characters, and use Sentinel, Painwheel, and Merkava. I need flight + range, so I feel like Aegis isn't for me. I love mobility and spacing. It's weird when you have a type, but a game doesn't even offer it. That's why it is hard for me to love SF games.

Are you thinking of Rachel or Izayoi? Both have flight-esque elements.

No i mean I dont wanna fly anymore. Also Aigis has one of the largest air normals in the game and its 8 frames lol Aigis is best <3

No i mean I dont wanna fly anymore. Also Aigis has one of the largest air normals in the game and its 8 frames lol Aigis is best <3
Tager time then, haha.

The only way I can tolerate not having mobility is if I have goddamn massive normals with amazing priority.

If I get into P4A, I will probably pick up Margaret. I absolutely NEED the ability to hit my opponent at any time if I feel like it. It's slightly above mobility in importance for me.

I've been staring at this screen trying to understand hazamas oroboros

I've been learning about the story a bit. Like there's so much of it this game made mkx money right?
It makes good money in Japan, at least.

Oroboros is just D + angle, then a follow-up button. Each button does something different to keep your mixups fresh.

Numb

He is indeed but locking myslef to just him might be the reason i didn't stick with BB even after buying them all. Still like him and will play on the side. Time to find other people.

Tizoc

SFV needs more charge characters :(

Best charge character in an FG
kain-win.gif

1 Second charges ftw.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Know what I miss about SF4 Chun in SF5? AA fireballs. Setting up an AA kikoken trap seems pretty hard in SF5. That shit feels good every time in SF4.

Nachtmaer

Street Fighter folks:

I never bothered trying it the way Gootecks does it. I always did it with my index finger on MK and middle finger on MP and then input the dash straight away. Some people use their thumb as well (for throws and such), but I could never get used to doing it that way either. You should just do it the way that feels most natural and grind it out. There'll be a moment when it finally clicks and you'll do it consistently. All it takes is time and practice.

FACE

Banned
time to embrace the Dark Hadou

"fuck! crouching players fuck up the styling!"

Rice-san pls ayuda!!

PS4 will be worth it when sf5 comes, and by then i'll pick up BB in the bargain bin. otherwise nothing has made me break the pc trek.

I just do forward + mp + mk > forward because I'm usually FADCing off of axe kick/hadouken/dp.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
in late quest mode 4Evo AI used max damage combos and defensive OS at frame disadvantage
also had neat videos of people doing max dmg stuff with one hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom