• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hakumen's sword normals cancel all projectiles. You managed to do it to Nu's sickle a few times yesterday. It creates that black orb with white stuff around it, it has a hitbox so the opposing player will have to navigate around it.
It actually doesn't create the orb against Platinum's bubble, for some reason. :-(

Was disappointed when Sean's sister was revealed and she was light skinned. A BJJ black girl is up my alley.

2yYO9c8.jpg

Hallelujah

My dream is a Black Judo girl. Yawara, except not a complete Mary Sue. And Black. And still fashionable. But JUDO. But I'll settle for this. Love me some judo.

Platinum is such a ball of chaos. Like a more annoying version of Faust.

Platinum's bubble? Any attack can pop it. Also it's projectile property, so C normals from Hakumen will create that orb.

Edit: strange, I thought it could. Can't say it's a matchup I played often.
Kind of annoying to have that inconsistency.

Do the black holes created by Hakumen have hitboxes? What do they do, exactly?

Kikirin

Platinum is such a ball of chaos. Like a more annoying version of Faust.

Kind of annoying to have that inconsistency.

Do the black holes created by Hakumen have hitboxes? What do they do, exactly?

They have hitboxes, yes. Damages the opponent if they run into them, also continues to eat projectiles while they are out.

What % of a magatama?

Also, Hakumen's new running choke slam move looks fantastic.

I wish I could get a full list of new moves/lost moves in CF.

Zyrox

Hello FGWCGAF.

I've seen that EU has a Black Friday sale (capitalism ho) too and that BBCPEX is on sale here as well. Tempted to buy it, love me some BB. I have a few questions though:
1.) Are there any differences between the PS3 and Vita versions and if so, what are the differences?
2.) Is it still active online? Whenever I check out P4AU these days there are like 30 people in all the lobbies tops. Often it's far less.
3.) This kinda ties in to 2.) but how is the European playerbase? They have become a rare breed in P4AU (not that there were ever ultra many to begin with, but still).
My connection against NA players really depends on the player, sometimes they are really good, almost EU like, and sometimes they make Skyrim PS3 look fluent and responsive.
4.) Is there anything significant missing in the EU version? It's an ArcSys title so I guess I better ask.

Hello FGWCGAF.

I've seen that EU has a Black Friday sale (capitalism ho) too and that BBCPEX is on sale here as well. Tempted to buy it, love me some BB. I have a few questions though:

1. No clue
2+3. Yeah, 's alright. Better than Persona. Seems like there's more dedicated BB players. It's newer too, that helps. This sale has already brought some folks in as well. (Poke me if you wanna play~ ) Don't expect SF or Tekken numbers though.
4. It's fine, same as the US version.

DunpealD

Hello FGWCGAF.

1.) Are there any differences between the PS3 and Vita versions and if so, what are the differences?
2.) Is it still active online? Whenever I check out P4AU these days there are like 30 people in all the lobbies tops. Often it's far less.
3.) This kinda ties in to 2.) but how is the European playerbase? They have become a rare breed in P4AU (not that there were ever ultra many to begin with, but still).
My connection against NA players really depends on the player, sometimes they are really good, almost EU like, and sometimes they make Skyrim PS3 look fluent and responsive.
4.) Is there anything significant missing in the EU version? It's an ArcSys title so I guess I better ask.

In terms of pricing i would recommend the US version. Which is only 15$.

Zyrox

In terms of pricing i would recommend the US version. Which is only 15$.

I know that the US version is cheaper but I already have money on my EU account and it's difficult for me to import US PSN credit. And the difference in price is thankfully not that outrageous.

Dahbomb

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ses-hearthstone-esports-prize-to-USD1-million

Blizzard just dropped a $1 million at Blizzcon 2016 for Hearthstone (The prize pot in 2015 was $250,000). It'll be interesting if Sony and Capcom responds to this, or keep their current plans.
More like Blizzard responding to Valve.

Blizzard probably going all in on HS as their main e sports game considering hardly anyone gave a crap about their other e sports games at Blizzcon.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We've got more training to do Cindi, I'm gonna whip that ass into shape and make you a threat. Vulva is just gonna beat you senseless until you give up.

Why does this web browser game have a better character select theme than most actual fighting games music lol

My friend is leading a couple teams who produce the games and its the same guy doing the music for a lot of the games. He's a really talented motherfucker and we're both surprised as to why he's still working at VIACOM as an intern lol

4r5

I...ummm...

Anyways, how do you guys get yourself pumped up to start training again in fighting games? I'm finding it hard to give up time to train in fighters over playing other games.

I have chosen a goal and I do what needs to be done to reach my goal. You are asking how people get "pumped up" to train, but already you have the wrong mindset. "Pumped up" implies that you are looking for a feeling or a thought to initiate action. This is wrong. You lack discipline. In fact, having a mindset is wrong!

Discipline is the absence of thought, and thus the absence of choice. Discipline is action, taken automatically. There is no mindset. It is just what needs to be done.

Right now I have a book reading goal. I read 1 hour every day. I hate reading. If I ever waited to be in a book reading mood, then I would never read at all. So far I've read 4 books in the past 6 months, which is a huge improvement over the zero books in the past 10 years.

Improving my tournament placing isn't my goal at the moment. (Just gatekeeping till Johnny is out on console.) But when it was, I used to do 1 hour before breakfast and 1 hour before bed, everyday. Like reading, I hate training mode. But I wasn't happy with how my tournament standings were progressing. I wanted quicker results, so obviously I had to do more training. But I hated training, so I setup a training regime. And of course when I first started this regime, my brain is telling me how much this sucks. But over the months and years, your brain gets the message that you aren't going to stop, so it stops trying to go against you and starts working with you. I'm sure anyone who has done any weight loss or exercise, or whatever grueling mental or physical endeavor will tell you the same thing. You just do what needs to be done; discipline.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I have chosen a goal and I do what needs to be done to reach my goal. You are asking how people get "pumped up" to train, but already you have the wrong mindset. "Pumped up" implies that you are looking for a feeling or a thought to initiate action. This is wrong. You lack discipline. In fact, having a mindset is wrong!

Discipline is the absence of thought, and thus the absence of choice. Discipline is action, taken automatically. There is no mindset. It is just what needs to be done.

Right now I have a book reading goal. I read 1 hour every day. I hate reading. If I ever waited to be in a book reading mood, then I would never read at all. So far I've read 4 books in the past 6 months, which is a huge improvement over the zero books in the past 10 years.

Improving my tournament placing isn't my goal at the moment. (Just gatekeeping till Johnny is out on console.) But when it was, I used to do 1 hour before breakfast and 1 hour before bed, everyday. Like reading, I hate training mode. But I wasn't happy with how my tournament standings were progressing. I wanted quicker results, so obviously I had to do more training. But I hated training, so I setup a training regime. And of course when I first started this regime, my brain is telling me how much this sucks. But over the months and years, your brain gets the message that you aren't going to stop, so it stops trying to go against you and starts working with you. I'm sure anyone who has done any weight loss or exercise, or whatever grueling mental or physical endeavor will tell you the same thing. You just do what needs to be done; discipline.

4r5-sensei, you speak the truth. This was how it was around a year and a half ago when I started working out, it sucked and the stress made it impossible to wake up from bed. Eventually it became second nature for me to go without thinking about it after a while and results just magically piled up. It helps a lot when you are disciplined because your expectations remain a good level, not too high or too low. Same with fighting games, I haven't trained in Marvel and have been getting 0-2 and 1-2 but I train in SF weekly and I get 3-2 and 4-2 in tournaments, which still astounds me till this day, going toe to toe with some of NY's best players.

Look at this master speaking.

We've got more training to do Cindi, I'm gonna whip that ass into shape and make you a threat. Vulva is just gonna beat you senseless until you give up.

Vulva has forced me to play the game in a deeper way, though. He taught me to be patient when characters have Ultra. He taught me that the pace changes when that happens. He taught me to be aware of meter and to change the pace when that happens as well. Vulva is a fantastic teacher. Are you just fighting him and not commenting on the details of the matches with him in chat? Or is he not being as helpful with you? It hasn't been my experience.

Kikirin

How do I control my rolls? Are you always vulnerable while roll recovering? Can I choose not to roll recover?
If you're holding left/right while teching, you'll roll. Neutral tech by not holding a direction while pressing/holding a button. If you wanna block out of a neutral tech, hold back after the neutral tech animation starts.

If you're holding left/right while teching, you'll roll. Neutral tech by not holding a direction while pressing/holding a button. If you wanna block out of a neutral tech, hold back after the neutral tech animation starts.
Sometimes Platinum hits me with a hammer, and I'm skidding along the ground for a while. Then I just lay there and get smacked again. Is there a way to get out of that?

Rhapsody

Banned
How do I control my rolls? Are you always vulnerable while roll recovering? Can I choose not to roll recover?

These are your options after being knocked down.

Emergency tech - hold button asap without any directions. Fully invincible throughout, but slow.
Forward roll - hold forward and press a button to roll. Few frames of invul, not suggested in most cases
Back roll - hold back and press a button to roll. 10 frames of invul. Better option than forward roll, but good players will know how to beat it.
Quick tech - hold down and press a button. No invul to attacks but you get up the fastest. Not putting a tech after knockdown will eventually result in a quick tech.

Depending on the knockdown, you can't input a roll asap. You have to wait a bit or else an emergency tech happens. There's also neutral tech which is the exact same as emergency tech, just used later and not asap.

Seasoned players will know how to beat a lot of these options though along with inputting OSes to beat rolls. Safest option is emergency tech against oki. The other techs have their situations where they should be used.

Tularensis

Neo Member
I'll hop in the room if you guys don't mind, but I'm really bad at BB. It's even worse with Azrael because of his super unintuitive forward dash. If my time vs the cpu last night is any indication, I'm IADing way too much to avoid that weird ass forward teleport.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You gave up? lol

I usually give in then come back again a day later lol

Vulva has forced me to play the game in a deeper way, though. He taught me to be patient when characters have Ultra. He taught me that the pace changes when that happens. He taught me to be aware of meter and to change the pace when that happens as well. Vulva is a fantastic teacher. Are you just fighting him and not commenting on the details of the matches with him in chat? Or is he not being as helpful with you? It hasn't been my experience.

Vulva has already passed that phase with me so we're at the point where I know what I did wrong and I have to change it up.

I get the feeling that Yams doesn't take the games seriously against vulva

I just experiment and see what works. Playing offline is so much better than online. Its a 5-5 matchup that Vulva makes it look like its 7-3 lol

Oh shit, you can hold a button to tech now? What are my options during emergency tech?

I'll hop in the room if you guys don't mind, but I'm really bad at BB. It's even worse with Azrael because of his super unintuitive forward dash. If my time vs the cpu last night is any indication, I'm IADing way too much to avoid that weird ass forward teleport.
I am awful, hop on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom