• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Euros welcome?
Gotta break might BB online virginity.
Or atleast check how horrible the lag can be.
its karst's room, im sure its fine though

im currently just chilling waiting for pizza

Maybe sometime. I don't really come to rooms because I hate large lobbies and I despise BB online play. It was nice at Evo cause omg offline.
im not a fan of online either, but I only get to play once a week offline, and even then plans and other things make me miss that sometimes. Need another way to practice somehow. even if I still drop everything online

Anne

im not a fan of online either, but I only get to play once a week offline, and even then plans and other things make me miss that sometimes. Need another way to practice somehow. even if I still drop everything online

I don't really get to practice offline at all really, the only other player in my local scene is a Carl. I play online occasionally but I try to limit it to certain people/connections. Main reason why I'm not super great at BB, I can play Tao well but my MU practice is ass.

For OD btw, all forms of activation have noticeable recovery. GCOD is a hella lot too. Unless you're committed to something huge you shouldn't be getting caught by it, OD should pretty much be used as a combo extender unless times are desperate or there's a very specific situation happening.

MrDaravon

We need a betting pool for the CPT OT (are you or Kadey doing that one Tripon?) for how many different players use Elena throughout the tournament, or at least top 8. I'm betting probably 5 in top 8 alone.

My enthusiasm for the actual Capcom Cup has been significantly dampened by it being reduced to a 1-day event (although good on them for running two streams at least) plus the Elena bullshit that has gotten more prominent. I 100% respect players for choosing her; unless you're doing something the game clearly doesn't intend more power to you and you should always do what it takes to win, especially with this much money on the line. As a spectator though it fucking sucks lol. I'm not even salty really, it just makes me sad.

Tripon

We need a betting pool for the CPT OT (are you or Kadey doing that one Tripon?) for how many different players use Elena throughout the tournament, or at least top 8. I'm betting probably 5 in top 8 alone.

My enthusiasm for the actual Capcom Cup has been significantly dampened by it being reduced to a 1-day event (although good on them for running two streams at least) plus the Elena bullshit that has gotten more prominent. I 100% respect players for choosing her; unless you're doing something the game clearly doesn't intend more power to you and you should always do what it takes to win, especially with this much money on the line. As a spectator though it fucking sucks lol. I'm not even salty really, it just makes me sad.
Capcom Cup OT is up for grabs.

Hmm shouldnt happen in that situation
I mash like a mash God.

hakumen versus noel, this is the way to go. I need to remember my 22B enders so I can actually try for resets
I am learning that. Explain all those weird shadow dash moves you do.

ggs roe, i feel like i was doing better than usual

have you not touched the game recently?

karst, you need to play against roe sometime so you can see what an uphill battle looks like lol
Eventually I will. :)

man, the movement is so rigid in this compared to smash. lol
Dude, no joke. Fyi, Izayoi has 3 air dashes. You can be a lot more mobile with her. It is total bullshit that neutralizing her projectiles with C still gives GA points.

I enjoyed our set a lot. I need to get some better combos off of a low for when I have meter. What should I do when you tech and jump?

I feel like Hakumen has terrible oki.

Tripon

I'd need to go back and look but I swear someone was asking for write-ups for it. I could be crazy though.
Lol, that was me. Nobody PMed me. If nobody else wants to do it, I'll likely just link to their Capcom Cup profile vid on YouTube and a quick rundown of their tournament placements to get into Capcom Cup.

But I would want to allow somebody who wants to do it have free reign.

Anne

Hakumen isn't about oki really, he gets a decent KD from most hits though and can just be annoying using big buttons to keep you around. No combo off 6B is fine, you use it to condition them that downbacking is bad since it's so fast. You really want to get them to try and escape and get hit by a big button or to get a throw since throws lead to a lot of stuff.

He's fairly weak in CPEX, but he can still randomly murder people.

Hakumen isn't about oki really, he gets a decent KD from most hits though and can just be annoying using big buttons to keep you around. No combo off 6B is fine, you use it to condition them that downbacking is bad since it's so fast. You really want to get them to try and escape and get hit by a big button or to get a throw since throws lead to a lot of stuff.

He's fairly weak in CPEX, but he can still randomly murder people.
Yeah, I have a solid throw combo that does 3.8k for 3mt. That is about all I have though, lol.

What should I do after the kd from max range 3C?

He doesn't seem very good, but his neutral seems the closest to Nine's. Slow, long, careful poke game. Very defensive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Decided to go for Celica on the side. Stand powers are cool or anything like that.
Anything i should know about her at all. Just doing random shit so far.

5D, 2D, 6D

is the only safe blockstring with her drive typically make sure you hit before pressing D with her

Anne

Yeah, I have a solid throw combo that does 3.8k for 3mt. That is about all I have though, lol.

What should I do after the kd from max range 3C?

He doesn't seem very good, but his neutral seems the closest to Nine's. Slow, long, careful poke game. Very defensive.

Max range 3C I'm not sure. That should only really happen out of neutral and you just take the advantage unless you can get a combo. Remember in pressure to set up TRM btw, Hakumen is pretty good at it.

Nine is gonna play hella different tbh. She'll probably be closer to her daughter if anything.

@Numb Celica is nothing too special, she's fairly normal. Learn good damage. Her pressure isn't threatening but it is extremely annoying. Stuff like 5A > 2A > 5A and 2B are hella obnoxious.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Hey Anne, do you have any nuggets of wisdom for an Azrael scrub? Outside of match up ignorance I'm having some difficulty on defense and properly applying pressure. On defense, growler and his 236D/214D get eaten up pretty regularly. Does Az usually just have to eat the pressure without meter?

Anne

Hey Anne, do you have any nuggets of wisdom for an Azrael scrub? Outside of match up ignorance I'm having some difficulty on defense and properly applying pressure. On defense, growler and his 236D/214D get eaten up pretty regularly. Does Az usually just have to eat the pressure without meter?

So, BB defense is funny in the sense that you have the magic of barrier. Upback barrier is godlike, like just try to use barrier to jump out of strings, and if they keep you in blockstun go back to blocking low really fast. They can only catch you by grabbing you, keeping you in blockstun and going low, or catching your jump start up. In obvious gaps try jumping out with barrier and be pretty liberal with barrier use, you get a ton of it (just go to training mode real quick and turn off barrier regen, then look how much you actually get). If you wanna mash don't barrier stuff btw, it adds blockstun.

Once you know that, people will try to stop you from jumping out a lot. Most pressure in BB is based off trying to throw people or stop jump out until you convince them to eat an overhead or other mix up. This means people will leave bigger gaps or extend further sometimes, and AZ is good at taking advantage of that. Backdash and 5A mash are super good once they start doing that, it actually gets really annoying trying to deal with AZ RPSing between those options.

Growler is also terrible, don't bother with it. Really just learn how to RPS with the GOAT backdash.

Numb

@Numb Celica is nothing too special, she's fairly normal. Learn good damage. Her pressure isn't threatening but it is extremely annoying. Stuff like 5A > 2A > 5A and 2B are hella obnoxious.

She doesn't seem like that i notice too.
Those stupid punches are so obnoxious i try not to do them sometimes. Didn't know they were that good. Wish her healing was as good as Elena's tbh. So slow i don't even know when i'm supposed to use it without getting hit.

Max range 3C I'm not sure. That should only really happen out of neutral and you just take the advantage unless you can get a combo. Remember in pressure to set up TRM btw, Hakumen is pretty good at it.

Nine is gonna play hella different tbh. She'll probably be closer to her daughter if anything.

TRM?

I can't jive with Kokonoe. :p

Is there anything I can get off of 4C pokes? Those are my major damage source in the neutral. I wish they were cancelable into specials...

Anne

She doesn't seem like that i notice too.
Those stupid punches are so obnoxious i try not to do them sometimes. Didn't know they were that good. Wish her healing was as good as Elena's tbh. So slow i don't even know when i'm supposed to use it without getting hit.

You're not supposed to use it :p

Look at what I wrote above about BB defense. With that in mind, having those A gatlings gets super obnoxious since it lets her see what you're doing and keeps you pinned down for longer. 2B is annoying cause it's a multihit low that lasts a second, etc. Her other gatlings are annoying like this too, and you respect them then go back to blocking A buttons or getting thrown. It's not incredibly threatening like I said, but it is extremely annoying to deal with and you'll hit people trying to get out.

TRM?

I can't jive with Kokonoe. :p

Throw Reject Miss. People mash barrier + throw tech OS a lot. Hakumen can use his little dash special and A buttons to blow it up. When you do dash and do something people look for throw/strike so they mash barrier tech, so then you just 2A > throw and if they tried to do that they can't tech the pink grab. 5A whiffs on crouchers, so you can do 5A whiff > throw, and they down backed and tried to barrier tech then you get a free untechable grab too.

Numb

You're not supposed to use it :p

Look at what I wrote above about BB defense. With that in mind, having those A gatlings gets super obnoxious since it lets her see what you're doing and keeps you pinned down for longer. 2B is annoying cause it's a multihit low that lasts a second, etc. Her other gatlings are annoying like this too, and you respect them then back to blockign A buttons or getting thrown. It's not incredibly threatening like I said, but it is extremely annoying to deal with and you'll hit people trying to get out.

Seem to have completely overlooked her 2B. Damn her gatling stuff sounds awesome now.

Was excited to use healing and make people salt :(

Tularensis

Neo Member
So, BB defense is funny in the sense that you have the magic of barrier. Upback barrier is godlike, like just try to use barrier to jump out of strings, and if they keep you in blockstun go back to blocking low really fast. They can only catch you by grabbing you, keeping you in blockstun and going low, or catching your jump start up. In obvious gaps try jumping out with barrier and be pretty liberal with barrier use, you get a ton of it (just go to training mode real quick and turn off barrier regen, then look how much you actually get). If you wanna mash don't barrier stuff btw, it adds blockstun.

Once you know that, people will try to stop you from jumping out a lot. Most pressure in BB is based off trying to throw people or stop jump out until you convince them to eat an overhead or other mix up. This means people will leave bigger gaps or extend further sometimes, and AZ is good at taking advantage of that. Backdash and 5A mash are super good once they start doing that, it actually gets really annoying trying to deal with AZ RPSing between those options.

Growler is also terrible, don't bother with it. Really just learn how to RPS with the GOAT backdash.

Great info Anne. I'll definitely start putting that to use later tonight when I get back home. And GGs to everyone in the room. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you use a character you like. When I first started I was told to learn the game and become familiar with the match ups by playing Ragna or Jin, then find a character I liked. But Ragna was so boring that I just ended up dropping it. But after playing Az, and becoming more comfortable with em, I might end up making BB my main game. First time in awhile that I've legitimately enjoyed myself in a fg.

Anne

Seem to have completely overlooked her 2B. Damn her gatling stuff sounds awesome now.

Was excited to use healing and make people salt :(

It's neat. She's designed to be friendly to new players so having those easy to use gatlings is neato. Also note what I said about TRM to Karst, she's good at catching it. Real quick to add on gatling use, when you wanna frame trap somebody, don't try to do button > run up grab/strike until you have them conditioned. You're generally minus so doing that will get you mashed. Do gatling > hella delay gatling to see if you can catch mash. That convinces them to not mash so you can get a run grab mix up or pressure reset :eek:

The funniest and best shit is when you run up and do 5A and then immediately cancel into grab and TRM their delayed throw tech. That's one of the moments when you hella feel yourself.

Also, everybody new to BB go check how much barrier you get in training mode. It's the most important mechanic in the game and you should see how much there is so you're not scared to use it. When you run you need to barrier to block out of run, you need it to block air-to-ground, you need it to jump out since it negates the frames when you first go airborne and can't block, IB+barrier helps you with defense in general, etc.

People suggested I sell the Uncharted Drake Collection on GAF? Where?

I have been unable to sign on to psn on my ps4. I can sign on psn's website just fine, but on the actual system? lol. I find it hilarious how modern consoles are actually less user friendly than modern pc gaming. Funny that. I'm reading all of these fixes, from resetting your router to even going into safe mode of your ps4 and formatting it. Just to log on to psn. You can say "it's because of the holiday system traffic" but we're paying for psn now, and this is inexcusable.

I'm honestly feeling a lot of regret now. Thankfully Street Figther V is soon, but that's assuming I can get my ps4 online to play it!

Numb

It's neat. She's designed to be friendly to new players so having those easy to use gatlings is neato. Also note what I said about TRM to Karst, she's good at catching it. Real quick to add on gatling use, when you wanna frame trap somebody, don't try to do button > run up grab/strike until you have them conditioned. You're generally minus so doing that will get you mashed. Do gatling > hella delay gatling to see if you can catch mash. That convinces them to not mash so you can get a run grab mix up or pressure reset :eek:

The funniest and best shit is when you run up and do 5A and then immediately cancel into grab and TRM their delayed throw tech. That's one of the moments when you hella feel yourself.

Also, everybody new to BB go check how much barrier you get in training mode. It's the most important mechanic in the game and you should see how much there is so you're not scared to use it. When you run you need to barrier to block out of run, you need it to block air-to-ground, you need it to jump out since it negates the frames when you first go airborne and can't block, IB+barrier helps you with defense in general, etc.

giphy.gif

Thanks alot man

MrDaravon

I have been unable to sign on to psn on my ps4. I can sign on psn's website just fine, but on the actual system? lol. I find it hilarious how modern consoles are actually less user friendly than modern pc gaming. Funny that. I'm reading all of these fixes, from resetting your router to even going into safe mode of your ps4 and formatting it. Just to log on to psn. You can say "it's because of the holiday system traffic" but we're paying for psn now, and this is inexcusable.

I'm honestly feeling a lot of regret now. Thankfully Street Figther V is soon, but that's assuming I can get my ps4 online to play it!

You can post in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread that's stickied in Gaming Community as far as selling your Uncharted code.

Also yes welcome to PSN, DDoS/Lizard Squad bullshit aside it tends to have problems intermittently and/or on major holidays. You're completely right in that it's inexcusable, but this is sadly how it has always been. XBL stability (and in general) is the one thing I will definitely give to MS over Sony this gen for sure.

All of those crazy fixes etc aren't the problem 99% of the time, it's just usually PSN problems. The 99% of the time PSN isn't having problems it's setup is actually super simple (I just set up a 2nd PS4 a couple weeks ago).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117123

Was actually considering buying a code off of someone on GAF but I'm not sure yet.

Also yeah, welcome to PSN. The shittiest service you will ever pay for.

Kikirin

GGs, SS and Q. Got wrecked on defense from the lack of experience in the Noel and Makoto matchups - don't know when I can press buttons, so I got to sit and block forever once you guys were in.

I have been on PSN all day. Zero issues.

Great info Anne. I'll definitely start putting that to use later tonight when I get back home. And GGs to everyone in the room. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you use a character you like. When I first started I was told to learn the game and become familiar with the match ups by playing Ragna or Jin, then find a character I liked. But Ragna was so boring that I just ended up dropping it. But after playing Az, and becoming more comfortable with em, I might end up making BB my main game. First time in awhile that I've legitimately enjoyed myself in a fg.
We still haven't played. Want to 1v1 in a bit?

I am learning that. Explain all those weird shadow dash moves you do.
you mean noel's drive?

so chain revolver works by starting with any D attack, then all of your hits change to drive attacks. While in drive you can do 4 hits then and ender. so like on hit of 4D

4D > d.2D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > d.236D

On block you can do a mixup of d.6B for overhead and d.6D for low. d.6B is a much more threatening overhead than regular 6B, its faster and the animation tricks the eye because the startup is similar to d.6D.

There are also cancels out of it for combos like d.6B > 22C~66 and d.6A > d.5B > 236A~66

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I just bought it, what do you mean weird? Like it feels off frame-wise or whatever?

Off by like a frame but I just think that's the sound, my combos still come out alright. Not as tight as PC sadly.

Its going under maintenance today so you won't be able to sign in.

MrDaravon

I have been on PSN all day. Zero issues.

PSN has been down/having issues for some folks the last couple of days, Sony has even confirmed it and there's been a couple threads on GAF about it :p. It's been fine for me but I have a friend who can't get on to save his life. I'd say it's a regional thing but people in the UK etc are having problems too so no idea.

Anne

Ye. Sorry to like info dump, BB is just obtuse to get into at first unless you keep stuff like this in mind. I can drop a vid at some point and just like point out basic stuff of what Celica (or x character) does and why it makes sense.

Numb

Ye. Sorry to like info dump, BB is just obtuse to get into at first unless you keep stuff like this in mind. I can drop a vid at some point and just like point out basic stuff of what Celica (or x character) does and why it makes sense.

Do as much as you are willing. I am all ears. BB can be pretty obtuse so just trying to play it like other fighters hasn't cut it even once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom