• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I was a Tager main in BBCS; I know what he has going for him, though I don't always know how to counter it with Hakumen yet.

You seemed pretty good with zoning too with those long ass sword pokes. I got so many areas to improve on.
Wish it had the Xrd frame delay counter on top to see how bad it is. Maybe in Central Fiction

You seemed pretty good with zoning too with those long ass sword pokes. I got so many areas to improve on.
Wish it had the Xrd frame delay counter on top to see how bad it is. Maybe in Central Fiction
Thank you. I figured out the spacing on j.C, 4C late into our set. It is pretty rough for Tager to get through that. I think that's probably one of Tager's best matchups, though. Hakumen doesn't have any good defensive options that Tager has to worry about for the oki game, and Hakumen has limited options in the neutral - you know exactly what he's going to be doing.

Of course, in CF, Hakumen has an invincible reversal for 4mt, so that will change. :-D

I have to say, having read the CF Hakumen buffs (lots of them), I wouldn't mind using this guy if Nine turns out poorly. No way is CF Hakumen weak with those changes.

Numb

Thank you. I figured out the spacing on j.C, 4C late into our set. It is pretty rough for Tager to get through that. I think that's probably one of Tager's best matchups, though. Hakumen doesn't have any good defensive options that Tager has to worry about for the oki game, and Hakumen has limited options in the neutral - you know exactly what he's going to be doing.

Of course, in CF, Hakumen has an invincible reversal for 4mt, so that will change. :-D

I have to say, having read the CF Hakumen buffs (lots of them), I wouldn't mind using this guy if Nine turns out poorly. No way is CF Hakumen weak with those changes.
Hakumen pretty crazy in CF. Need to brush up on the matchup and check out more vids to see what's up.
Playing CPE preparing for CF and ready to drop people for Hibiki. Not attached to anyone so far in CPE(Probably one of the reasons i skipped it in the first place). Nine looks awesome. Too much Dragon's Crown looking tho.

The disrespect in that last combo - lol.

I was just getting grabbed by basic 22D into grab resets. ;P

Hakumen pretty crazy in CF. Need to brush up on the matchup and check out more vids to see what's up.
Playing CPE preparing for CF and ready to drop people for Hibiki. Not attached to anyone so far in CPE(Probably one of the reasons i skipped it in the first place). Nine looks awesome. Too much Dragon's Crown looking tho.
I am unable to understand "too much awesome". :p

The only thing that bothers me about Hakumen is how slow his magatama growth is, but supposedly it's better balanced in CF. I feel like I wait a long time before I can do serious stuff.

Numb

Did a few of those at the start...in practice mode
The disrespect in that last combo - lol.

I was just getting grabbed by basic 22D into grab resets. ;P

I am unable to understand "too much awesome". :p

The only thing that bothers me about Hakumen is how slow his magatama growth is, but supposedly it's better balanced in CF. I feel like I wait a long time before I can do serious stuff.
Sorceress is alright
Played Amazon.
Where are my swole chicks in fighters? I mean really swole.

Jesus. Also that start was hilarious. Nice music.

@Karst you must be talking about swole archer lady(phoebe?)
There are too many darkskin girls for me in there to notice her. If she was also darkskinned tho...
Does every BB girl have a darkskin alt?

I missed this. If you really want it and ask nicely fine. I need to remember what SF is like to actually play again.
Who does Yams play?

Thanks, man! I never heard of Discord before, but I'll pop in once I've actually hooked things up later in the week.

I didn't think you were about that life, Yams.
Of course, man. Be sure to ask for feedback, since you're diving in late. SmashGAF is a good crew - they'll train you up.

Beats

Thanks, man! I never heard of Discord before, but I'll pop in once I've actually hooked things up later in the week.

It's basically a text/voice chat client and you can create groups in it or whatever. There's also a mobile app. It's pretty useful since the Wii U doesn't really have a messaging system. I don't think there are a lot of newer players though in SmashGaf, but I'm sure some of us (including myself) would be willing to help you out in learning the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's a damn shame ASW doesn't just do small 20 buck version updates with patches instead of 1.0 - 1.1 for free, then extend for 40. That extend for 40 throws people off pretty hard. I think the ps4 version was actually 50 LOL

With that said BBCP "lasted" 3 years. November 21, 2012 was the arcade release date.

It's a damn shame ASW doesn't just do small 20 buck version updates with patches instead of 1.0 - 1.1 for free, then extend for 40. That extend for 40 throws people off pretty hard. I think the ps4 version was actually 50 LOL
Are the games selling well with this model over in Japan?

Numb

I knew what i was looking for and even then the search showed BBCPE last after inputting it.
Had the older versions jumping at me.

How i wish the extend version was an update. What nonsense

Practice up, Cindi, and maybe we can play a bit tomorrow.

I knew what i was looking for and even then the search showed BBCPE last after inputting it.
Had the older versions jumping at me.

How i wish the extend version was an update. What nonsense
ASW games are very plot-oriented. They have a significant fan following that doesn't care at all about the fighting game aspect. They just want to continue the story mode, which is pretty expansive. I recall CS taking at least 20 hours to complete.

Yeah, listing BBCPEX last is annoying.

Not sure about the extends but the normal editions sell pretty well.

I remember them saying they were really happy with the sells numbers back when BBCSE came out in the states.
Ah. Annoying, but if it works for them...I'd be happy with us just getting the game in a reasonable timeframe.

MrDoctor

Wow, I didn't know BlazBlue was so cheap on PSN. I'll be grabbing that as well.

I'm MysteriousMrX on PS4 for whenever you guys are playing.

Numb

Practice up, Cindi, and maybe we can play a bit tomorrow.

ASW games are very plot-oriented. They have a significant fan following that doesn't care at all about the fighting game aspect. They just want to continue the story mode, which is pretty expansive. I recall CS taking at least 20 hours to complete.

Yeah, listing BBCPEX last is annoying.

Ah. Annoying, but if it works for them...I'd be happy with us just getting the game in a reasonable timeframe.

Indeed. Story too deep i gave up back in Calamity Trigger lol.
Sell the story part for those that care and give the gameplay and characters updates via normal download or sell the characters separate even. Why in another different game?
I think you could buy the story of P4A if you missed it and had just P4AU.

Wow, I didn't know BlazBlue was so cheap on PSN. I'll be grabbing that as well.

I'm MysteriousMrX on PS4 for whenever you guys are playing.
Add Karsticles when you get a chance.

Indeed. Story too deep i gave up back in Calamity Trigger lol.
Sell the story part for those that care and give the gameplay and characters updates via normal download or sell the characters separate even. Why in another different game?
I think you could buy the story of P4A if you missed it and had just P4AU.
Too complex*. I doubt it has any depth at all, lol. The sort of drivel that gives anime a bad name.

Doesn't each BB game include the previous games' story modes (or abbreviated versions/summaries)?

Numb

Add Karsticles when you get a chance.

Too complex*. I doubt it has any depth at all, lol. The sort of drivel that gives anime a bad name.

Doesn't each BB game include the previous games' story modes (or abbreviated versions/summaries)?

Meant it's too much compared to normal fighters. That's not a fair comparison tho.
Completely gave up on the story side of it since CT and don't even check lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The story mode in CP is way way easier to follow this time as it actually has proper progression this time instead of making you piece that shit together yourself.

It's about CP was about 35/40 hours long I think? CPE added a bunch of extra stuff and the side story from the manga so it's probably another 8 or so hours of story added to that last number.

Honestly treat BB's story modes like visual novels. Don't expect to see it all in one sitting and just take an hour at a time or so.

I kinda marathoned it though I like BB's story too much
Well mostly the characters and in that regard Ragna
LOL

Plus BB's english dub is SUUUUUUPER good so it made the story modes more pleasant the whole time. One of the main reasons I play mak is that I like her english dub voice a lot.
It's why I played S.Lab in P4U same VA

Honestly with how good BB's english dub is, it just made me all the more pissed off at how meh GG's was.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I thought you were really just into the suffering part.

Winning feels great too, if I really wanted to suffer, I would main Dhalsim.

PSN is ScrubLi.

OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png
OHErZ.png

Anne

Winning feels great too, if I really wanted to suffer, I would main Dhalsim.

If you wanna play SF should take advantage of that while I'm in a good mood.

Also my PSNID is AnneIFrank. No promises on anything cause I despise netplay but if I'm around I can try to be helpful sometimes.

Shun

BlazBlue story takes Kingdom Hearts to another level. It's not just the main story either, it's the extra stuff that puts Nomura to shame.

The story consists of time loop plot holes in Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift, Chronophantasma CentralFiction.

Then you have Phase Shift novels, Remix Heart manga, Wheel of Fortune drama cd, the XBlaze visual novels, and extra character information and reveals on BlazBlue Radio/BlueRaji, and other cryptic shit they decide to reveal.

That's if you want to invest time into this multimedia franchise of course. You realize how popular and well BlazBlue is doing when you see all these tie ins with Lord of Vermillion and other merchandise and media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom