• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Wait until you see what 2D players call fuzzy guard. x_x
look at this
Within the context of 2D fighters, abare refers to a character's ability to deal damage off of random hits and trades.

An example of a character with good abare in SF4 is Ryu, who can deal damage off of just about any of his moves. Another example is Slayer in Guilty Gear Accent Core, who can do a good amount of damage off of just about everything he has.
???
do people use this term often? this is really silly to me

oneida

like i get that it's worthwhile to discuss what characters tend to win trades but abare is a real word and doesn't really mean that at all

Infinite

Never knew what the term abare meant until today. Always hear dudes like skisonic say it on commentary but never elaborate on why that term fit in that scenario.

I thought of abare as short for "play hyper aggressively either in a short burst or for an entire round"

and we would say that Makoto has good abare because she gets better damage/stun per hit on average compared to a character like Dhalsim or Ken

Grakl

Urien pls

Not even Mazinger could pull that off.

If I remember right the gist of it was if a person's offense was so strong they put their opponent in a dizzy state then they obviously had a strong lead and and so stun felt like a too harsh punishment to the weaker character and too great a reward for the better player. That you set the weaker player even more back and so made the current match seem impossible for them.

Thanks

oneida

I thought of abare as short for "play hyper aggressively either in a short burst or for an entire round"

and we would say that Makoto has good abare because she gets better damage/stun per hit on average compared to a character like Dhalsim or Ken
it makes more sense to me as a player's decision rather than a character quality, but I've been using a different definition for years

Tizoc

8hGgF2p.jpg

Cody-er and Cody-er?

theory time *pushes up glasses*

its actually deejay whiffing a MGU and it now creates a tornado when it doesn't connect

:wow:

or maybe they gave him a teleport and that's the animation

wow

Numb

Always liked prison stripes.
He can't take of his cuffs and do the same damage.
I can see it as his V-stuff tho where gets a boost.

Dlent

I hope that the new character is actually just some kind of sentient tornado, and that Ono was fooling us all along by showing the character directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom