• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Guys.. I need help. Trying to play XRD but I'm ass at this shit b

http://www.twitch.tv/countblackulee

help a brotha out with this

nvm I got it

You've gone anime.

tumblr_nudtfzRZDp1tdszlgo2_540.gif

Praying for your soul.
love xrd

Tizoc

This is supposedly with the toned down stun! :0
Probably haven't been fixed for Mika yet

Honestly even in SF3, aside from Makoto the top tier characters would rarely if ever stun you in a round (Chun's SA2 deals a good chunk of stun damage interestingly enough).
If anything that initial combo should do like 50% stun at min.

Marz

You have to put it in context of guilty gear. It would be like saying every character in SF is a footsie character

Damn. My cousin asked me to recommend him a rushdown character in Xrd and I told him Millia.

Now he's going to be super disappointed when he figures out she's not rushdown.

rookiejet

shaowebb

I can't really answer for Eko (I've never had to play against even a decent one in my life), but Zenia is a pretty real rushdown character. She doesn't have any real flashy setups, but she just gets in and punches people in the mouth. (If Duff City has an anime district, she would definitely be living there.) Her normals are stubby but are generally fairly fast and have decent hitboxes (range aside), and she can get insane damage off of her confirms. Hell, any j.B / j.C hit into JF Edinorog can lead to massive damage (she can kill in two full combos against a lot of character/arcana combinations), and is air unblockable to boot (although they can 4D through the pile bunker and body her if you get too predictable with it). On the ground, she gets lots of pressure from sway cancels which leads to either an attack that's frame advantage on block (A), an unreactable overhead with low body invincibility (B -- although the sway into overhead is reactable, so you will need to mix up with sway into 2B), an upper-body invincible air unblockable attack (C), or a command grab (A+D). You can also just do the sway (which has upper body invincibility) and then just attack normally after the recovery. Zenia is a real problem in AH3:LM, especially given her stupidly high damage output.
Thanks! Didn't really understand sways apparently. This game really needs someone to fill in the rest of the wiki's blanks on the guide for each character. Had no idea about upper body invincibility or much of anything. Guess I'll have to think Steve Fox when I use here. Still not sure on Eko...
This is supposedly with the toned down stun! :0
Probably haven't been fixed for Mika yet

This is why I hate stun. 50% stun combo becomes a thing and it just sorta makes it TOD easy mode for some characters.

Tizoc

Just an FYI that we are now 24 hours away from GAMES '15's possible SF5 character reveal, unless they get revealed/leaked later today :V

Horseress

They have been revealing characters in the event's week, not on their actual presentation on the event. So I think we'll get something later today

NEO0MJ

Not even Mazinger could pull that off.

I know that he mentions this in his vid talking about making fighting games, but could you give a summary of what he said about stun?

If I remember right the gist of it was if a person's offense was so strong they put their opponent in a dizzy state then they obviously had a strong lead and and so stun felt like a too harsh punishment to the weaker character and too great a reward for the better player. That you set the weaker player even more back and so made the current match seem impossible for them.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
stun feels like a legacy addition to me. it's just there because it's always been there, and the game would likely be better without it. I think uniel's system rewards offense and defense in a more satisfying way.

Zissou

I see where Mike Z is coming from, but stun could remain yet avoid that if combos didn't build stun past the first hit, i.e., if you're mashing and getting counterhit over and over again, you get stunned (punishment for mashing) but that's about the only time it would happen.

oneida

is there something about dizzy that makes it a better tool for punishing abare than just eating a shitload of damage? and does that mean it should exist at all levels of play?

oneida

oh wow IPW has a really bad definition of abare in their glossary, is that really how the word is used in 2D fighters? pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom