• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

You can't clash the plant vine or most of Scharl's chains, and guard cancels aren't terribly effective that far out in most circumstances. It's one of the things that makes her so goddamn annoying to fight. You need good movement to have a chance (offset by the fact that once you do get in, she usually explodes). I do know they nerfed both Scharl and the Plant arcana in LM, but she's still solid (if I remember correctly -- the game's tier lists are fairly compressed, although there are some characters that stand out).

Holy shit...I had no idea both were unclashable. @_@ ...this changes everything.
Play that team Karst. Definitely play that team.

I'm guessing to take it on you could always run Plant yourself or possibly magnetism or whatever has zoning or teleports...possibly Love Arcana? Definitely a gatekeeper character setup right there. If I can't clash and I gotta run then I'm even more glad I play fucking Dorothy.

iYqzEz0.gif

AHAHAHAHAHA! Eat my projectile frenzy and try to keep up with the trap cards!

Also check out the joke in the description from the steam page
Online Network capable!
Players who are up to the task can test their prowess online, via the "Rank Match" or "Player Match" mode.
Players can save their battle results and scores online, and compare their scores with other players in the Leaderboard too!
Show the world that your Angel is the #1 wa-, *ahem*, Angel in the world!

Show them who is number one waifu. We waifu wars now lol.
Theres a steam group to grow the game btw.

Man I wish this game had a different aesthetic, but to hell with the haters. All I can do is laugh at the ridiculous theme at this point and get back to all the sweet ass tech in this game. Been trying my hand at putting the magnetic powers on the little girl who swims in the blob that fights like Zangief. Trying to make my own Iron Tager here...

There isn't a single one in the game yet ;) Elphelt is the closest, chipp second closest.

Jam is literally pure rush that shit down. Like Wolverine rush that shit down. There is no silly dancing around

her palm move is pretty dumb in +r and man that dragon kick thing always gets me when it's powered up

shaowebb

Hey Kumubou, you seem to know Arcana Heart more than I do. Maybe you can answer a few character questions.

There are 2 character's whose strategies and tools I don't fully get yet.
Zenia Valov (girl with mech arm)
Eko (doodle girl)

Just what do these character's specialize in. I guess Eko has me at a loss and I got no real clue what exactly Zenia is about either.

Clawww

Is USF4 netplay on PC broken again? Holy shit... some random posts on the steam forums are corroborating my experience of significant deterioration. Anyone play online recently?

Kumubou

Hey Kumubou, you seem to know Arcana Heart more than I do. Maybe you can answer a few character questions.

There are 2 character's whose strategies and tools I don't fully get yet.
Zenia Valov (girl with mech arm)
Eko (doodle girl)

Just what do these character's specialize in. I guess Eko has me at a loss and I got no real clue what exactly Zenia is about either.
I can't really answer for Eko (I've never had to play against even a decent one in my life), but Zenia is a pretty real rushdown character. She doesn't have any real flashy setups, but she just gets in and punches people in the mouth. (If Duff City has an anime district, she would definitely be living there.) Her normals are stubby but are generally fairly fast and have decent hitboxes (range aside), and she can get insane damage off of her confirms. Hell, any j.B / j.C hit into JF Edinorog can lead to massive damage (she can kill in two full combos against a lot of character/arcana combinations), and is air unblockable to boot (although they can 4D through the pile bunker and body her if you get too predictable with it). On the ground, she gets lots of pressure from sway cancels which leads to either an attack that's frame advantage on block (A), an unreactable overhead with low body invincibility (B -- although the sway into overhead is reactable, so you will need to mix up with sway into 2B), an upper-body invincible air unblockable attack (C), or a command grab (A+D). You can also just do the sway (which has upper body invincibility) and then just attack normally after the recovery. Zenia is a real problem in AH3:LM, especially given her stupidly high damage output.

Zissou

There isn't a single one in the game yet ;) Elphelt is the closest, chipp second closest.

Jam is literally pure rush that shit down. Like Wolverine rush that shit down. There is no silly dancing around

It has always felt like everybody is looking to rushdown any chance they get as-is. How can somebody be MORE rushdown o_O

Can't wait for the Fuck Jam brigade to happen.
That way I can play Bunny Bride in peace. :lol

I have enough hate in my heart for both :]

Azure J

It has always felt like everybody is looking to rushdown any chance they get as-is. How can somebody be MORE rushdown o_O

I wish if I had a link to that Jam vs. Testament match in AC where the dude literally FB Puffballed Testa once into a ToD complete with dizzy and instant kill.

I saw that and got so hype for all the wrong reasons. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I have enough hate in my heart for both :]

Fastest instant air dash in the game, long blockstun jumpl cancelable attacks, left right mix ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom