• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
play the games on the peripheral that they were intended for
I'm not really sure what this means, especially beyond fighting games. Like millions of people play shooters on a controller, but I cant stand taht. Mouse and keyboard only.

People use what works for them, stick, hitbox, 50 different kinds of pads

BadWolf

Good Lord, I need to get a stick. Hitting sweep (down HK) and getting a fucking overheard cross up (forward + down + HK).

That can be an issue sometimes even on a stick in the heat of the moment.

A simple solution for characters who have a command normal like that is to hit down+back instead when doing crouching attacks.

Sayad

This is the first time FGC GAF will see me fighting. Be nice. *blushes* He got a round off me cuz I was careless.

https://youtu.be/3-c6xN40Cao
Few basic tips from a scrub Chun:

- When you jump vertically, you have no reason to use anything other than j.HK ;p

- For hit confirming into ex lightning legs on a pad, use c.LK, c.LK, Ex Legs. Where every time you press LK you slide your finger onto MK, so by the second c.LK, you already pressed 4 kick buttons and only need one more press to confirm into Ex Legs

- After c.LP pressure go for a throw, and when they start throw teching it, mix between throw and close standing HK to counter hit their throw tech. On counter hit, close HK combo into HK Hazenshu > LK > EX Leg > Ultra which is pretty nice

- Far standing HK is awesome

- Most importantly, you're not using Chun's back dash enough, it's by far Online Chun's best move :D

Beats

I can't say I really have a preference when it comes to pad or stick since I enjoy using both for fighting games. :x

Dahbomb

Only time I had considered getting a stick was for SF4 in order to do plinks easier. Then I realized I don't like or play SF4 that much to warrant a purchase.

I like pressing buttons on a stick but prefer D pad for movement.

If it doesn't come with the game, then fuck it. LOL @ paying more for a controller than the price if the game.

Does anything come with the game anymore? Everything is DLC now and f2p games well arent really free! Damn you league of legends and hearthstone!

Spend more money on extra shit for game then the game itself with every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom