• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few basic tips from a scrub Chun:

- When you jump vertically, you have no reason to use anything other than j.HK ;p

- For hit confirming into ex lightning legs on a pad, use c.LK, c.LK, Ex Legs. Where every time you press LK you slide your finger onto MK, so by the second c.LK, you already pressed 4 kick buttons and only need one more press to confirm into Ex Legs

- After c.LP pressure go for a throw, and when they start throw teching it, mix between throw and close standing HK to counter hit their throw tech. On counter hit, close HK combo into HK Hazenshu > LK > EX Leg > Ultra which is pretty nice

- Far standing HK is awesome

- Most importantly, you're not using Chun's back dash enough, it's by far Online Chun's best move :D

Thanks for the tips. Not sure about the last one though because I want to get good offline too and I don't want to learn bad habits like back dashing that are purely online tactics.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo, man... come on now.

What my victims see before death

qistoptier-kazified-1_zps84c5306f.png

Thanks for the tips. Not sure about the last one though because I want to get good offline too and I don't want to learn bad habits like back dashing that are purely online tactics.

It's not strictly an online thing, I guess you could use it more as long as it's an actual choice you're making each time rather than developing any habit. But you're right about that in the sense that you don't want that carrying into SFV either where it's just gonna get you bodied for no reason.

Anne

Hitbox isn't cheating, but it's pretty damn good. If I wasn't dedicated to the arcade lifestyle I would be on that for every game I play.

Also I'm p shy too, the only reason I saw GAF people at Evo was the Capcom Panel and me being friends with Sloane. I'm pretty good at talking to people and hiding it though cause career and TOing.

I'll probs be more comfortable next year, I'm in a weird place right now only being a few months in

Dadwicks is gonna carry on the wicks name for me

Edit: Also the group we had go to the Bacchanal last year was OD god damn that has to happen next year

I'll probs be more comfortable next year, I'm in a weird place right now only being a few months in

Edit: Also the group we had go to the Bacchanal last year was OD god damn that has to happen next year
I did the bachannal last year with friends and my brother (who were in vegas for vegas, not evo) that is good times. Though I prefer just a good restaurant over a buffet, I'd still be up for the bachannal again

Dahbomb

What about button macros like what FullSchedule uses?

It was just any simultaneous left+right input. Hitboxes just made it easy to do that.
Full Schedule used up/back and up/forward on a button.

The left/right thing was patched for Ultimate.

And I am with Q. Stuff like rewiring your stick to remap the Select button is some nefarious shit. That just like the left/right button is definitely in a grey area.

Marz

Few months into what? School?

Rhapsody

Banned
I only met count and his fam, who left his skittles in our room, at evo. Probably was heartbroken when he realized left them

Probably was disgusted when he found out the green skittles are now green apple instead of lime and left them there.

You can do this with an analog+dpad iirc. She has forward charges and back charges. So you can mash between the two and store charges rather easily.

Probably was disgusted when he found out the green skittles are now green apple instead of lime and left them there.

You can do this with an analog+dpad iirc. She has forward charges and back charges. So you can mash between the two and store charges rather easily.
Ah.

Rhapsody

Banned
Apparently Nine's normals are projectiles, but they're not projectiles that Hakumen can void.

Apparently projectiles are split into two categories but we ended up grouping them into one convenience sake for typing out.

So Hakumen can't cut it but Platinum's Persia will still pass through it.

nvm thought they were doing something worse just double checked.

basically plink related
Ah, the select button thing?

Apparently Nine's normals are projectiles, but they're not projectiles that Hakumen can void.

Apparently projectiles are split into two categories but we ended up grouping them into one convenience sake for typing out.

So Hakumen can't cut it but Platinum's Persia will still pass through it.
I was just reading about this. Which move is Persia?

The wuh?

It seemed controversial, but I don't actually know what he had set up for macros.

What macro did they use?

He had up/back and up/forward diagonals as buttons, which isn't really even a macro, since it doesn't execute anything other than pressing two buttons at the same time so it's actually just a bind (explanation).

The only people who had problems with it were fchamp and NEO (and by proxy the entire raffle crew and Final Round TOs), since any definition which deemed his setup illegal would also need to ban Hitboxes and gamepads.

Dahbomb

Tokio used to have an Up button for Akuma Ultra 2 on a regular stick. I don't think he has it anymore. It was a similar thing to Full Schedule and people were arguing if Tokido's was more valid because it's one input.

petghost

Banned
Hitboxes do feel a little dirty in like tekken where any chump can get out ewgfs totally consistently without very much practice at all ... But whatever it's def not cheating it's just a superior input method.

Kumubou

Hitboxes do feel a little dirty in like tekken where any chump can get out ewgfs totally consistently without very much practice at all ... But whatever it's def not cheating it's just a superior input method.
I think it's even better for KBDCs, since you can just input it as back (hold), tap forward, tap down, tap forward (and then just tap down and forward from that point). The input cleaning makes your forward+back inputs force a neutral state. This makes KBDCs relatively easy, especially for characters with backsways (like Nina or Paul).

I've always been tempted to try using a Hitbox, but not $200 tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom