• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have suggestions on fighting Sakura vs Chun? She can be pretty stupid to fight against.

edit: I love my avatar! Every time I post I go,"*gasp* CUTE! KITTIES!"

Hello, my name is Floof. Prepare to die.

KqlC550.gif

VF1 character select theme was one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafOqN_W7-0

Welcome to the stage of history.

2002UM being awesome as always.

Surprisingly, SSF4AE does it well.

Welp, that's one summer gone while having a riot.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So I'm using Maxoplata as a template for a fantasy pool I'm doing with a local group, assigning points to each match March Madness style. I think I'm pretty set on this structure; just need to decide whether I'm giving out a flat 32pts for the Grand Finals winner regardless of set count or actually splitting it between the 1st and 2nd set.

Sayad

Looks like Haitani is playing Xrd with Ogawa and Kuroda next to him.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv243973311
Haitani is coming over for a regional tournament in the Middle East later this month(KoFGCC Dubai). It's a KoFXIII, SFIV, Xrd, Smash U and SF3 tournament. He signed up for Xrd! MAD KoF and Xiaohai are coming too, I think. The KoFXIII tournament should be hype.

Oh shit, it's today right? No clues at all so far
Dude gave up, the leaks broke him. ;__;

shaowebb

Huh...you know after reading the premise for Hyperdimension Neptunia I'm really shocked that this was made into an RPG and not a fighting game given it lets folks play as personifications of game systems and have a console war.

Seems like money to me...

Huh...you know after reading the premise for Hyperdimension Neptunia I'm really shocked that this was made into an RPG and not a fighting game given it lets folks play as personifications of game systems and have a console war.

Seems like money to me...
RPG means you can have lots of awkward sexual moments to sell to your target audience.

shaowebb

RPG means you can have lots of awkward sexual moments to sell to your target audience.

sigh...I keep forgetting the draw wasn't personification of consoles to play as, but FEMALE WAIFU personification of consoles to play as. Reaaaaaaaaaally sick of the waifu thing as a design choice. On that note, I love me some Arcana Heart meta, but boy do I wish it had any other aesthetic. It really gets old and worn with that sorta thing and about a hundred "oops someone is flirting or groping or getting blushy for no reason" all the time. Gameplay is top notch but every two seconds hearing "Hyyaaaaaaaan <3" is pretty old.

Anyhow, yeah...missed opportunity IMO not taking the Hyperdimension Neptunia premise and using it for a fighting game. Folks could hash out old arguments by firing blast processing beams at each other or something.

cj_iwakura

It's the world we live in. Atlus can only do so much to counter it. (And sometimes they cave in too.) Heaven help you if you have a dissenting opinion on those games, though.

WarRock

There is also the super robot character that is kinda like a videogame Robin Hood, pirating games for the poor. Neptunia has... interesting concepts, to say the least. I should play it at some point.

sigh...I keep forgetting the draw wasn't personification of consoles to play as, but FEMALE WAIFU personification of consoles to play as. Reaaaaaaaaaally sick of the waifu thing as a design choice. On that note, I love me some Arcana Heart meta, but boy do I wish it had any other aesthetic. It really gets old and worn with that sorta thing and about a hundred "oops someone is flirting or groping or getting blushy for no reason" all the time. Gameplay is top notch but every two seconds hearing "Hyyaaaaaaaan <3" is pretty old.

Anyhow, yeah...missed opportunity IMO not taking the Hyperdimension Neptunia premise and using it for a fighting game. Folks could hash out old arguments by firing blast processing beams at each other or something.
200% agreed. I love fan service in games, but when the entire game is fan service, I lose interest. It's like the difference between an intelligent, assertive woman also having stunning beauty, and a pretty girl with an empty head. Plenty of guys prefer the latter, though...

It's the world we live in. Atlus can only do so much to counter it. (And sometimes they cave in too.) Heaven help you if you have a dissenting opinion on those games, though.
Didn't Persona Q feature a ton of that junk?

RPG means you can have a shitty game and no one cares because story and setting
This is like every Final Fantasy game.

Except for Tactics.

Kumubou

I don't see why this couldn't be done with a fighting game, if there's a will there's a way.
Have you seen the budget of the average Idea Factory game? They wouldn't be able to get even one character fully implemented.

That and from a design standpoint, fighting games are probably the least forgiving genre in regards to that. They would probably struggle to make the game play as "well" as something as Phantom Breaker or Blade Arcus.

The genre can make for some amazingly (and amazingly awful) fanservice games, but the asset floor is too much for smaller developers nowadays.

Sayad

Have you seen the budget of the average Idea Factory game? They wouldn't be able to get even one character fully implemented.

That and from a design standpoint, fighting games are probably the least forgiving genre in regards to that. They would probably struggle to make the game play as "well" as something as Phantom Breaker or Blade Arcus.

The genre can make for some amazingly (and amazingly awful) fanservice games, but the asset floor is too much for smaller developers nowadays.
Something like Senran Kagura, just geared more toward vs should work, and wouldn't cost that much... Well, not that much if it's like the earlier SK games.

shaowebb

Just played a bunch of sets on Dolphin for TVC with a dude named Faded Revolution. Great guy...helped me setup Dolphin, netplay and everything else. Besides that he's seriously helping me work off rust on this game. I don't hit confirm for shit and he made me realize that I had no idea if Batsu's shinkick was a mid or a true low with how often I got bopped. Gonna get some food and hit the lab for bnb stuff to confirm into off jump in and off standing M with Polymar. Also need to figure out better air options for Cashern...dude did I ever find out some of his drillkicks are not safe even on hit.

GG fadedrevolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom