• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

COo7p3kUcAAzbCR.jpg

not like this Wolfkrone

let Dahbomb live
The Audacity of Capcom.

Hey quick question.

Is SFA3 Max on the PSN Vita TV compatible? I googled the question and I have seen it on lists, but I don't see it on the PS Vita store on my Vita TV's store. I see it on the vita section on my PS3's PSN store.

Is there something I am missing? I tried searching for it, but nothing else pops up but the PS1 ports of Alpha.

jerry1594

Hey quick question.

Is SFA3 Max on the PSN Vita TV compatible? I googled the question and I have seen it on lists, but I don't see it on the PS Vita store on my Vita TV's store. I see it on the vita section on my PS3's PSN store.

Is there something I am missing? I tried searching for it, but nothing else pops up but the PS1 ports of Alpha.
Yes

Clawww

Literally anyone who gets bothered by Rashid's reveal today can get fucked as far as I'm concerned

honestly it's been the most offensively stupid shit I've come across in a while. like the implicit attitude/logic of believing rashid's reveal to somehow be 'awkward' is awful.

jerry1594

Should I be able to find it in the Vita TV store? I tried searching, looking under classics, fighting games and it isn't anywhere in the store. Is it something I need to get on the PS3 store or on the website for it to pop up?
I don't own a Vita TV so I wouldn't know the former. It's a PSP game so the PS3 store is your best bet if you can't find it on the VTV store.

Dahbomb

Man Capcom really doesn't like fireballs with the amount of fireball counters in the game (and some characters like Rashid having multiple).

.la1n

I think the only depressing part of each new reveal is the engine keeps progressing but Ken's face still looks like butt :(

Producer

Should I be able to find it in the Vita TV store? I tried searching, looking under classics, fighting games and it isn't anywhere in the store. Is it something I need to get on the PS3 store or on the website for it to pop up?

If you cant find it on the pstv store, buy it from the web store and it should show up on your download list.

Zissou

Nah, no way.

No focus attack as a universal mechanic to get free meter while dealing with fireballs. No focus -> dash through fireballs to punish them. On a character level, I don't see stuff like ex blanka ball/ex neck breaker/whatever that can really easily punish fireballs on reaction.

Tripon

Finally got to see the Rashid character reveal trailer. Looks like a fun character. He's not exactly a vortex character, but he looks like he has tons of ways to create set play situations and make you guess wrong on which way to block. I approve.

vg260

Was just looking through some old stuff online to see what people thought about a f2p-ish model for SFV and found this thread from last year on the Steam forum:
image.png

image.png

image.png

Made me chuckle

Hassun

Neo Member
We'll see how it turns out but I'm definitely getting the feeling that it's not very zoning/distance play friendly right now.

I definitely don't want SFV to become another MKX either.
I want as many play styles and characters to be viable as possible. Not just rushdown, not just zoning, everyone and everything.

Malice215

It's good to see franchises adding more diversity. Now gimme a black character that's not DeeJay or as disgusting looking as Birdie.

As for the timing, there's real stuff going on in the world right now that people should take offense to. A character being revealed at a gaming event on the other side of the world isn't one of them.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm pretty excited about Rashid. I really like almost everything about him It's going to be tough for me to decide with only one main and one secondary in the future.

Get Hyppppeeee!!!!

3hGY2HR.png

mbpm1

We need more African/east African fighters.
Somali pirates are huge in movies but not fighters. Other that one ep of Deadliest warrior i can't think of them anywhere. Didn't even make it to the game version.

do you really want somali pirates for your fighters

Numb

do you really want somali pirates for your fighters
Yes. They don't have to be pirates.
They got machetes and whatnot. Does SF have a Bryan Fury like dude who loves guns and uses them alot in cutscenes? Coming blank.
Just having any somali dude in any fighter would make me happy. Getting real tired in just getting shot in COD.

Numb

It's just the dream of wanting to see a character from your own country in a fighting game you like.
Everyone wants this unless you are one of those countries thats just in the games all the time.
The more remote and weird your country the harder it is. I am sure i am not alone in this.

I hope we get another charge character like Boxer since Vega and Bison are kinda charge. Maybe they are all going hybrid.

I don't really care about race, I care about diversity in play-style.

And Dhalsim! Give us the D!

SFV is way more fireball friendly than SFIV.

More importantly, SFV emphasizes what makes fireballs interesting in the first place: space control. They are a great footsie and setup tool right now. The game only discourages fireballs as a "keepaway" strategy, which has never worked in a SF game anyway.

Dahbomb

No focus attack as a universal mechanic to get free meter while dealing with fireballs. No focus -> dash through fireballs to punish them. On a character level, I don't see stuff like ex blanka ball/ex neck breaker/whatever that can really easily punish fireballs on reaction.
Just about every character I have seen has some easy answer to fireballs whether it be a V-skill or some special move. Rashid for example has two (the roll through fireballs and the dive kick). Many of these options don't require meter either unlike in SF4 where many of the anti-fireball moves were EX moves. Yeah there were some silly characters with too many anti fireballs mechanics but that's what they were... silly characters.

On the flipside there really is no dedicated fireball type character introduced in the game yet. We have Ryu and Chun Li... that's really it and Ryu is the "balanced" type character so he isn't completely on the fireball spectrum either. Nash's fireball is mostly used for set ups, it's a pretty weak zoning tool.

More importantly, SFV emphasizes what makes fireballs interesting in the first place: space control.
I don't see how that's different from SF4. It's not like you can sit at the far end of the screen spamming Hadokens in SF4 either, people would just absorb them with Focus Attacks.

Marz

Yea zoning looks even worse in V, which is kind of hard to believe after 4.

But zoning hasn't been good in Street Fighter since like Alpha 2 so maybe it isn't a defining trait of the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom