• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

nRU9XjJ.gif

lxArmAp.gif

Zissou

Just about every character I have seen has some easy answer to fireballs whether it be a V-skill or some special move. Rashid for example has two (the roll through fireballs and the dive kick). Many of these options don't require meter either unlike in SF4 where many of the anti-fireball moves were EX moves. Yeah there were some silly characters with too many anti fireballs mechanics but that's what they were... silly characters.

On the flipside there really is no dedicated fireball type character introduced in the game yet. We have Ryu and Chun Li... that's really it and Ryu is the "balanced" type character so he isn't completely on the fireball spectrum either. Nash's fireball is mostly used for set ups, it's a pretty weak zoning tool.

I don't see how that's different from SF4. It's not like you can sit at the far end of the screen spamming Hadokens in SF4 either, people would just absorb them with Focus Attacks.

There are answers to those answers though. You can do slower fireballs and walk forward behind the fireball and punish characters attempting to use their anti-fireball v-skills.

WarRock

Isn't V the first SF where a fireball character can power up his fireballs though? Charged hadoukens are hella fast, while still having multiple speeds, hits, high stun and being unblockable. If you miss your roll/deflect, you are in for something way worse than a simple hadouken's damage.

mbpm1

Isn't V the first SF where a fireball character can power up his fireballs though? Charged hadoukens are hella fast, while still having multiple speeds, hits, high stun and being unblockable. If you miss your roll/deflect, you are in for something way worse than a simple hadouken's damage.

You could just jump them tho and punish them no matter what right

Deps

Zoning is terrible in SF5, there is nothing in SF4 that's as good as Bisons vskill or any of the other fb "absorb" moves. Also due to the stun changes, if you make a bad read and get a fireball jumped over, you're 1 hit from stun. I really want to see Sagat or some dedicated zoner in the game.

Marz

You can power up your fireballs in SF4 by using your EX.

Marz

Sagat ain't that bad in 4, he just doesn't work like he's designed to work. You have to play him as an average hybrid type character instead of a dedicated zoner.

When I think of anime middle eastern character the first thing that comes to mind is Setsuna F Seiei from 00 Gundam

That said, not really feeling Rashid. I think I like his idle animation (reminds me of Ken's new one) and not much else. He seems like the kind of character I'd play once just to see what his moves do then never again. That said, I don't even know who I'm going to main in this game if I get it. So far I haven't seen anyone that I would consider main material for me.

mbpm1

Sagat ain't that bad in 4, he just doesn't work like he's designed to work. You have to play him as an average hybrid type character instead of a dedicated zoner.

p much, but I don't think he's great in that area either.

bad might be an exaggeration I guess

Clawww

Yeah I don't see what the fuck Guile or Sagat are really gonna do unless they get some really ridiculous fireballs or some anti-anti-projectile V-skills or some shit. I can live with that style being broadly neutered, but it seems kinda unnecessary. I certainly hope the reasoning isn't to avoid the 'it's boring/spamming' scrub shit, but I have a ~dark feeling~ that it is.

Marz

I meant specific fireball buffs. In both 3 and 4 you can EX fireballs but also EX options to go around them (Blanka ball, Yang roll, etc)

Oh yea I suppose, I don't see how it's a major thing though, still come with all the risks of throwing fireballs in general. That's the issue as they've nuetered zoning over the years that now it's almost non existent.

p much, but I don't think he's great in that area either.

bad might be an exaggeration I guess

Oh yea he's not great you need to be borderline godlike to beat good players with him and you have to get creative.

Yeah I don't see what the fuck Guile or Sagat are really gonna do unless they get some really ridiculous fireballs or some anti-anti-projectile V-skills or some shit. I can live with that style being broadly neutered, but it seems kinda unnecessary. I certainly hope the reasoning isn't to avoid the 'it's boring/spamming' scrub shit, but I have a ~dark feeling~ that it is.

Maybe drop fireball startup to 8 frames and recovery down to around 20? That would probably do it

Dahbomb

When I think of anime middle eastern character the first thing that comes to mind is Setsuna F Seiei from 00 Gundam
That's just an anime character with a slightly darker shade of skin. Generic as heck.

That's like saying when I think of an anime Indian character, I think of this guy from Baby Steps (Tennis anime show):

Baby-Steps-2-Natsuki-Hanae-como-Krishna-Ramesh.jpg

WarRock

Dunno, if you can't avoid fullscreen fireballs I'm ok with it (got used to throw Ex Hadoukens on wake up or to catch landings in 3S instead of actually zoning), and I think most of the cast can't?

Cammy and Rashid seem to be able to pass through them at a distance that you could jump over and attack anyway, but I may be wrong. Birdie and his command throw on the other hand...

Bison and Nash are interesting, since they can get extra V-Gauge by negating your fireball, though Nash could compete in a fireball war anyway.

Anne

I remember hearing something about rumors that ASW made P4U 2.0 without Atlus's consent or something? That they weren't too happy about that?

Although it was just a rumor, it'd be unfortunate if true.

Everything is just rumors and weird unconfirmed leaks. I can't confirm anything, but after poking my head into multiple sources on different variations of that rumor, the idea that 2.0 isn't planned for consoles is probably true. The reasons range from ASW just making it to make it and the licensing deal at this point has ran out. I can't confirm shit 100% or prove anything, but if you look at the timeline of the release and how things like this usually go with ASW, it checks out.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If a lot of the stories I've heard about ASW are true, they are the kind of a company that just does shit regardless of how it will affect their partners.

Zissou

Dunno, if you can't avoid fullscreen fireballs I'm ok with it (got used to throw Ex Hadoukens on wake up or to catch landings in 3S instead of actually zoning), and I think most of the cast can't?

Cammy and Rashid seem to be able to pass through them at a distance that you could jump over and attack anyway, but I may be wrong. Birdie and his command throw on the other hand...

Bison and Nash are interesting, since they can get extra V-Gauge by negating your fireball, though Nash could compete in a fireball war anyway.

It will boil down to:
1) Can the anti-fireball tools be used easily on reaction or must they be used predicatively
2) Can you counteract the anti-fireball tools if the opponent overuses them or uses them too predictably?

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (B) ROUND 5

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv232176176 Free viewing period over.

NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. Pugera (Ibuki)
3-1 ●○○○
NINOMAE (Rose) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
3-2 ○●○●○
MDR (Rufus) vs. 6 (Poison)
0-3 ●●●
aiai (Juri) vs. Pepeday (El Fuerte)
1-3 ●●○●
NISHIKIN (Blanka) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
1-3 ○●●●
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. Mago (Yang)
3-2 ○●●○○
Hagejin (Zangief) vs. Dashio (Seth)
2-3 ●○●○●
Kenzo (Akuma) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
3-0 ○○○
Gachikun (Sagat) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
3-0 ○○○
Pepeday (El Fuerte) vs. SANTAROU (Sagat)
1-3 ●○●●

My son was born at 3:54AM today.

You can FADC fireballs and advance forward in SFIV. Not in SFV.

Zoning is terrible in SF5, there is nothing in SF4 that's as good as Bisons vskill or any of the other fb "absorb" moves. Also due to the stun changes, if you make a bad read and get a fireball jumped over, you're 1 hit from stun. I really want to see Sagat or some dedicated zoner in the game.
Why do you think Bison's V-Skill is so good against fireballs? I think it is good, but not amazing.

USD

Wow, they're redoing the NISHIKIN-Pugera match because the rules specify Training Stage, but stage got changed during the match. So taking a game away from NISHIKIN and continuing from there.

mbpm1

Wow, they're redoing the NISHIKIN-Pugera match because the rules specify Training Stage, but stage got changed during the match. So taking a game away from NISHIKIN and continuing from there.

They have rules about training stage? wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom