• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

My son was born at 3:54AM today.

Congrats!

You can FADC fireballs and advance forward in SFIV. Not in SFV.
You still had to dash forward, which comes with good amount of frames you can't do anything. Also FA can get blown up by ex-projectiles except Gouken.
In SFV you are able to absorb them stationary or move forward with an attack going past the projectile and that with a two button touch.

Why do you think Bison's V-Skill is so good against fireballs? I think it is good, but not amazing.
It's just one touch. There is no charge or anything and can reflect relatively fast a 2-hit quick projectile. It enables you to just walk forward till you are at your opponents low hitting moves range, since it is capable of absorbing anything not low.

New information from spooky at TFC it seems. Dictators pillars are now negative on block and he can now link cr.mk into cr.mp.

kirblar

why is the fall classic so small? didn't they wanna push it to be something bigger than final round?
School just started for HS/College students, they lost the CCup invite- the location's pretty far south for the NYC extended area to come down to.

Lulubop

There's only so much you can do. Spooky said a bunch of players local to the event are supporting, which is all you can ask for.

true, seems like every top us player made it out at least. I guess they need international + capcom support.

but damn these midtier tournaments are going down in viewers rather than up. Hell NLBC was pulling these amount of viewers for a bit

mbpm1

Maybe Rashid is avenging his friend that he mentions in his Bison winquote with his vast resources.

On an unrelated note, even WW2 is anime now lol

Kumubou

There's a lot riding on SFV
I wonder how much of the downturn in viewership us due to SFV being on the horizon and people having trouble caring about USF4 (basically the anime fighting game effect, except it doesn't happen every goddamn year in this instance).

I don't even want to think about what happens if SFV doesn't blow it up for one reason or another (imagine if what happened with the first beta happened with the game's launch instead? Yikes.)

That's anime, but not anime.

Still, there are probably others that are like that.
Dude, have you seen what they've done to Japanese warships from that era in the last few years? People are willing to take anything and make it animeeeeeeeerrrrrrr.

No, I'm not posting any pictures because every time I do, Shouta yells at me. ;_;

shaowebb

Yo guys...there is gonna be a streamed tourney for TVC and for Vampire Savior TONIGHT.

Thread here

If you miss these games show up in a few hours when it goes up. Some great players from the TVC tourney scene are in attendance along with a lot of new faces they've been hanging with since it dropped off. Should be a good time and a great change of programming for us all.

Yo guys...there is gonna be a streamed tourney for TVC and for Vampire Savior TONIGHT.

Thread here

If you miss these games show up in a few hours when it goes up. Some great players from the TVC tourney scene are in attendance along with a lot of new faces they've been hanging with since it dropped off. Should be a good time and a great change of programming for us all.
I'll check it out.

I wonder how much of the downturn in viewership us due to SFV being on the horizon and people having trouble caring about USF4 (basically the anime fighting game effect, except it doesn't happen every goddamn year in this instance).

I don't even want to think about what happens if SFV doesn't blow it up for one reason or another (imagine if what happened with the first beta happened with the game's launch instead? Yikes.)

now that I think about it, a lot of people might just be waiting for V anyway.

I understand entrant numbers being down but I actually thought viewership would be higher. The CPT exists this year to be a lead in for SFV. That's its entire purpose.

Zissou

Anybody else watching TFC? (is there a thread?). Scamby beat Flocker in a close set just now to get into top 8- crazy stuff.

shaowebb

Yo we got LLND rocking old TVC Frank and Alex. So if you missed some ALEX then get in here. If SFV aint got him yet we do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom