• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

I only play characters with areolas peeking out. Thank god they added one to SFV or I'd be fucked

Super%20Mario%2064%20Trump%20Edition_zpshzbqvar6.gif

man, that's a hell of a hit confirm if you can super right out of Karin's rekkas. or Crush Counter into super. Or dash juggle into super. Hell, it even chips a bit for this vital end of match chip victories.
The confirms into super have gotten crazy on Bison, too. You can V-Cancel Knee Press. That means you can Knee Press, V-Cancel, c.MP, Knee Press, Ultimate Psycho Crusher if you want. That's probably half of a life bar off of a Knee Press.

I know folks thought Bison was OP in the Beta, but that seems like pure bullshit to me.

Take it back.
You have just made yourself a most powerful enemy today.

C'mon man.
You have a children's book for an avatar.

Blackule, question: does it matter to you if a character is black by default? I was watching Alex 3S gameplay, and I noticed he has a "black skin" alt. Are you interested in characters with those kinds of options?

I play whoever I find fun really. tbh, I try to go for underplayed characters and then see if I can make them work. Sometimes you end up with Deejay and sometimes you end up with Elena ;)

ElTopo

Banned
I don't know if I like the fact that Karin has to activate V-Trigger in order to use her Rekka's. Either the Rekka's are going to be really safe or the damage is going to be amazing because not being able to use Alpha Counter is going to be a blow to her.

I play whoever I find fun really. tbh, I try to go for underplayed characters and then see if I can make them work. Sometimes you end up with Deejay and sometimes you end up with Elena ;)
Don't write TBH if you aren't going to be honest. :p

I don't know if I like the fact that Karin has to activate V-Trigger in order to use her Rekka's. Either the Rekka's are going to be really safe or the damage is going to be amazing because not being able to use Alpha Counter is going to be a blow to her.
She can build V-Meter so fast, though. Her V-Skill is pretty applicable in the neutral, whereas a character like Nash doesn't seem like makes use of his V-Skill much at all (it seems like it sucks).

I think they made her rekkas like this because Fei Long will eventually come back. If she just has typical rekkas in the neutral, then they are too similar. Instead, she has godlike rekkas that let her command grab, cross-up, mix-up, and bait reversals, but she has to work to get them. I totally feel where you are coming from, but I also see Capcom's logic.

WarRock

It seems like a more interesting install to me. Normally you have a command dash with some follow ups for mix ups or juggle damage, play well and now you have a rekka with way more options for the same purposes, and even a defensive one (rekka -> back dash).

It's what I thought Chun Li would have when we saw the very first trailer with the double kikkoukens and stuff.

kirblar

I think they made her rekkas like this because Fei Long will eventually come back. If she just has typical rekkas in the neutral, then they are too similar. Instead, she has godlike rekkas that let her command grab, cross-up, mix-up, and bait reversals, but she has to work to get them. I totally feel where you are coming from, but I also see Capcom's logic.
100% agree re: Fei. Her Alpha design is incredibly similar to his. SFV Karin is not. I do wonder if Karin's design here means we're unlikely to see any of the SF3 vets who were also in SF4 for a long while.

Skab

100% agree re: Fei. Her Alpha design is incredibly similar to his. SFV Karin is not. I do wonder if Karin's design here means we're unlikely to see any of the SF3 vets who were also in SF4 for a long while.

Hopefully not too terribly long. I would love to have Mak back.

I wonder how long it will be between character releases once they start up. One a month maybe?

Can you help me connect the dots on the logic behind your second sentence?

[/B]

Hopefully not too terribly long. I would love to have Mak back.

I wonder how long it will be between character releases once they start up. One a month maybe?
They have to pump out enough character DLC that players will be more inclined to pay than to grind fight money. Once a month seems really fast, but I also feel like most people will have accumulated enough fight money at the end of each month to purchase the character outright.

I wouldn't want the job of the guy who has to figure out the exact figures behind this game's monetization scheme.

kirblar

Can you help me connect the dots on the logic behind your second sentence?
She got Yun/Yang's palm as her V-skill,and she got a Dudley/Ibuki-esque command dash alongside his U2.

She's definitely nothing like Makoto though, who actually seems like an easy fit into SFV. (And who ranked 13th on Japan's popularity poll.) Forgot about her. :p

ElTopo

Banned

She can build V-Meter so fast, though. Her V-Skill is pretty applicable in the neutral, whereas a character like Nash doesn't seem like makes use of his V-Skill much at all (it seems like it sucks).

Interesting theory. We'll see when she's playable in the next beta.

I really hope you're wrong when it comes to Fei. Never liked that character, just another Bruce lee ripoff character. I'd rather see Yang than Fei.

I kinda expect them to pump out new characters in packs so folks will have a harder time saving up enough fight money to buy the whole set at once on day 1.

Maybe with a bunch of things like colors and titles available for fight money too so they can funnel some of it away like that.

kirblar

I kinda expect them to pump out new characters in packs so folks will have a harder time saving up enough fight money to buy the whole set at once on day 1.

Maybe with a bunch of things like colors and titles available for fight money too so they can funnel some of it away like that.
With the model they have, you want a continuous trickle to keep up the hype train.

On the other hand, imagine the hype SFV would generate with monthly character speculations.

She got Yun/Yang's palm as her V-skill,and she got a Dudley/Ibuki-esque command dash alongside his U2.

She's definitely nothing like Makoto though, who actually seems like an easy fit into SFV. (And who ranked 13th on Japan's popularity poll.) Forgot about her. :p
Ah, I see now. Thank you.

Interesting theory. We'll see when she's playable in the next beta.

I really hope you're wrong when it comes to Fei. Never liked that character, just another Bruce lee ripoff character. I'd rather see Yang than Fei.
Fei Long is a SFII character. I doubt any SFII character won't return.

I absolutely hate how Fei Long plays, but I doubt we won't suffer him.

ElTopo

Banned
On the other hand, imagine the hype SFV would generate with monthly character speculations.

Ah, I see now. Thank you.

Fei Long is a SFII character. I doubt any SFII character won't return.

I absolutely hate how Fei Long plays, but I doubt we won't suffer him.

I'd rather a Sonny Chiba ripoff character. It's pretty weird when you think about all the Japanese fighting game developers putting homages to Chinese martial artists but not an iconic Japanese one like Chiba.

You have a children's book for an avatar.

True but you should read it again as an adult/parent.
My sister framed a picture of the book for me since I never really got to be "a beast" growing up.
For me its about letting a kid be wild/angry but they will always come back to the comfort of family, order and love.

DunpealD

You picked like the worst character for a "bad" V-Skill.
Nashs V-Skill is very fast and has biggest "button" range, making it useful for whiff punishes. It also knocks the opponent down when hit from he air and can be used as an ok anti air. Not to forget it absorbs one hit projectiles to gain V-meter.

Hassun

Neo Member
New ep of Kotaku's Compete if it hasn't been posted already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjBKknPnhc
It's about the greatest moment in pro gaming history.

Overlaying that footage of Justin celebrating after beating another player (Raoh I think?) and that player shrugging him off on top of Seth talking about Daigo being angry kind of gives the wrong impression though. Bit of a bummer.

Skilletor

Nash's vskill is amazing. Since it's a special, it might be one of the fastest reversals on the game. He can link it from c. Mp and c. Hp. It's got a beefy ass hit box and is completely viable as an AA. That shit is amazing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it nerfed.

True but you should read it again as an adult/parent.
My sister framed a picture of the book for me since I never really got to be "a beast" growing up.
For me its about letting a kid be wild/angry but they will always come back to the comfort of family, order and love.
I was just teasing you. I have never read the book, but I am aware of its intended meaning. :) I am glad you found meaning there.

sucks she lost her command grab tho
The counters are gone, too, right?

true beasts eat their lady's placenta

https://youtu.be/qd5znUx9yPc
You picked like the worst character for a "bad" V-Skill.
Nashs V-Skill is very fast and has biggest "button" range, making it useful for whiff punishes. It also knocks the opponent down when hit from he air and can be used as an ok anti air. Not to forget it absorbs one hit projectiles to gain V-meter.
I haven't seen a single Nash player use it that way, and its range doesn't look that big to me. If you can link to something showing me its glory, I will gladly talk down Chun's V-Skill instead. :p

Skilletor

I was just teasing you. I have never read the book, but I am aware of its intended meaning. :) I am glad you found meaning there.

I haven't seen a single Nash player use it that way, and its range doesn't look that big to me. If you can link to something showing me its glory, I will gladly talk down Chun's V-Skill instead. :p

That's because people suck at sf5. :p

Using his vskill was the turning point in figuring out how he's supposed to play and making me like him again.

Nash's vskill is amazing. Since it's a special, it might be one of the fastest reversals on the game. He can link it from c. Mp and c. Hp. It's got a beefy ass hit box and is completely viable as an AA. That shit is amazing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it nerfed.

That's because people suck at sf5. :p

Using his vskill was the turning point in figuring out how he's supposed to play and making me like him again.
Any videos? It helps me to see visual application. I believe you, though.

So instead I will say Chun's V-Skill sucks. :p

Clawww

The counters are gone, too, right?

https://youtu.be/qd5znUx9yPc

I didn't have any means to record it, but I played a shit ton of Nash. I have no complaints about his v-skill. I'm fearing it'll be nerfed. Shit is good. The hit box is very solid. I was testing what buttons would work best to hit someone right on top of me by walking under the dummy set to neutral jump, and his V-skill was the most reliable. It's fast enough to link off his normals, active as hell for whiff punishes and trades. I was able to V-skill in anticipation of a scissor kick or even slide from bison and beat it out, for instance. I've never seen anything beat it clean, just trade.

In fact, anti-air trading on purpose with his v-skill is a nice way to build trigger fast, since you gain it doubly.

Like Skilletor said, though, people haven't been doing much. I'm super underwhelmed by most Nash footage I have and continue to see (changes notwithstanding).

Skilletor

Any videos? It helps me to see visual application. I believe you, though.

So instead I will say Chun's V-Skill sucks. :p

I haven't seen anybody using it this way either. My laptop hdd died, so I wasn't able to cap any of my matches. :/

I didn't have any means to record it, but I played a shit ton of Nash. I have no complaints about his v-skill. I'm fearing it'll be nerfed. Shit is good. The hit box is very solid. I was testing what buttons would work best to hit someone right on top of me by walking under the dummy set to neutral jump, and his V-skill was the most reliable. It's fast enough to link off his normals, active as hell for whiff punishes and trades. I was able to V-skill in anticipation of a scissor kick or even slide from bison and beat it out. I've never seen anything beat it clean, just trade.

You're going to be my Charlie tech-bro.

Kumubou

sucks she lost her command grab tho
Honestly, the only reason her command grab was good was because all of the bullshit you could do with it with V-Ism, and there's no way even Capcpom would be dumb enough to giver her that again. So it's a moot point. The buffed rekkas in v-trigger basically turn her into a walking mix-up (but_its_more_than_a_5050.mp3), which is going to be real fun for characters without a good reversal to deal with.

I like the trend of them turning old supers into EX modifications, like one of Karin's old supers being her EX reversal here, or Ken's Shoryu Reppa for his EX Shoryu, and Ry's Shin Shoryuken for his EX shoryu.

karin-sfa3-super2.gif

So she wants you pressing buttons for those sweet counterhits. She might miss that command throw but she has some nice overheads. Does she have a reversal besides her alpha counter?

Infinite

If her rekka's are really good then you should be thankful that she lost the command grab. Plus her fast walk speed on top of that.
I mean I played Yang in SF4 so it's like I got this character with rekkas and a command grab (and a got damn dive kick too). Since that character most likely won't be in this game initially I was hoping I get someone with that toolset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom