• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

Yeah, pretty much. That's what make the discussion more interesting! When I'm thinking about it, which DLC would actually sell more. Zangief and Dhalsim or Alex and Urien?

I keep seeing this dlc sales point mentioned when it comes to roster discussions, and I have to wonder if it even really matters?

We can buy any future characters with Fight Money, for one. And is there anyone here that doesn't plan on having the full roster anyway?

I genuinely curious, since I will 100% unlock every character, even if I don't play them. (I'll get the people I want first, of course.)

In my opinion, going for Zangief and Dhalsim in the launch roster is the best. The game lacks a real zoner like Dhalsim and even if there's mika, a very huge and slow grappler like zangief could make a difference.

Skab

In my opinion, going for Zangief and Dhalsim in the launch roster is the best. The game lacks a real zoner like Dhalsim and even if there's mika, a very huge and slow grappler like zangief could make a difference.

And there is no reason that the remaining new characters couldn't fill one or both of those rolls.

Clawww

Not sure if this has been posted but I found it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyYK0Avq3BU

damn, this guy knows how to make a video. amazing production. he makes very good points, too. the old hats will probably go to their graves unconvinced, but the arguments in favor of games as valid spectator sports are very strong, and 'e-sports' isn't going anywhere for a long time.

edit: oh god the gamerbee feels get me everytime

DeeJay sucks. His pants say MAXIMUM and he had his time in ST.

Nothing more hype and dynamic than shooting slow moving fireballs, slow walkspeed and upflames with 30 frame startup.
Sim will unify us.

Save us Shouta!

I don't disagree, but I would rather have Alex than Zangief for that role.

I also like the idea that many characters on the roster have an important "other" that isn't included in the roster yet, but could be added as DLC later. Sakura for Karin, Guile for Nash, and Zangief for R. Mika, for instance.

DeeJay sucks. His pants say MAXIMUM and he had his time in ST.

Nothing more hype and dynamic than shooting slow moving fireballs, slow walkspeed and upflames with 30 frame startup.
Sim will unify us.

Save us Shouta!

Brother, Sim has had his time to shine also! Get'em outta here. Get Necro instead.

Don't hate on those sweet pants. They can make him more UFC looking for something. put Maximum on his shirt as well.

Real talk, don't you think having different ranges where characters are stronger/weaker sound good to you? Would you really want DeeJay? I thought you were about Elena now.

Brother, Sim has had his time to shine also! Get'em outta here. Get Necro instead.

Don't hate on those sweet pants. They can make him more UFC looking for something. put Maximum on his shirt as well.

Necro? Get that falsetto pale Blanka-y guy outta here.

An updated DeeJay sounds interesting I just don't like that Joker grin.

I want a character with 4 or 5 V-Gauge bars that goes into a Dark Phoenix form permanently. Hard to achieve, massive payoff.

I feel like Necro is just weird, ugly, and gross. Do you really want to use him? He's like MODOK or Rufus.

Not sure if this has been posted but I found it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyYK0Avq3BU
Really great video.

Real talk, don't you think having different ranges where characters are stronger/weaker sound good to you? Would you really want DeeJay? I thought you were about Elena now.

Nah I don't really care if Deejay makes it in or not (hes not making it in), but I do agree that we need more different character archetypes.. just not Sim. anybody but Sim pls.

I'm bout the melanin b. Won't be satisfied til all my ninjas get it
get it?

Nah I don't really care if Deejay makes it in or not (hes not making it in), but I do agree that we need more different character archetypes.. just not Sim. anybody but Sim pls.

I'm bout the melanin b. Won't be satisfied til all my ninjas get it
get it?

melaninjas?

#PutRavenInSFV

WarRock

I wish Blanka had Necro's HP.

I want a character with 4 or 5 V-Gauge bars that goes into a Dark Phoenix form permanently. Hard to achieve, massive payoff.

I feel like Necro is just weird, ugly, and gross. Do you really want to use him? He's like MODOK or Rufus.
I'm not sure how good permanent buffs would be in V, since the rounds end so fast. I barely see Necalli's.

And how the heck is Necro gross. His voice rocks and so do the dichotomy between he looking and moving like a freak (that he was forced into being) and his actual personality.

I used Necro in 3 on the side. I like him personally, his moves and how he looks in general. Would be interesting what they would do with a revamp.

But onto DeeJay, I honestly like him and how he plays. I think they could revamp his look to be like a side UFC fighter or something, and have the matching outfits. The smile is a bit much I agree MiniBoss, hehe.

I know he won't be in.

I think a thread dedicated to that video is a great idea.

I wish Blanka had Necro's HP.

I'm not sure how good permanent buffs would be in V, since the rounds end so fast. I barely see Necalli's.

And how the heck is Necro gross. His voice rocks and so do the dichotomy between he looking and moving like a freak (that he was forced into being) and his actual personality.
Well, Necalli gets a permanent buff. /shrug We'll see how he turns out.

I don't know how you can't think Necro is gross, personally.

I used Necro in 3 on the side. I like him personally, his moves and how he looks in general. Would be interesting what they would do with a revamp.

But onto DeeJay, I honestly like him and how he plays. I think they could revamp his look to be like a side UFC fighter or something, and have the matching outfits. The smile is a bit much I agree MiniBoss, hehe.

I know he won't be in.
Fair enough.

that already does not compute

An era of the early 90s. When I think DeeJay I think.
latest
latest

EXTREME
MAXIMUM
latest

MAXIMUM%20Mirror.jpg

The only reason they didn't say EXTREME, is because its not reversible.

jerry1594

I don't disagree, but I would rather have Alex than Zangief for that role.

I also like the idea that many characters on the roster have an important "other" that isn't included in the roster yet, but could be added as DLC later. Sakura for Karin, Guile for Nash, and Zangief for R. Mika, for instance.
Alex is not slow and not very good at grappling.

Blackule, question: does it matter to you if a character is black by default? I was watching Alex 3S gameplay, and I noticed he has a "black skin" alt. Are you interested in characters with those kinds of options?

Thanks dude.

Which event is this? The Japanese closed Beta for SFV or something else?

The 2nd Japanese premier tournament for Capcom Cup. It's in October.

Blackule, question: does it matter to you if a character is black by default? I was watching Alex 3S gameplay, and I noticed he has a "black skin" alt. Are you interested in characters with those kinds of options?

I don't think he cares. I remember him expressing an interest in Urien because he turns his body into metal.

The 2nd Japanese premier tournament for Capcom Cup. It's in October.

I don't think he cares. I remember him expressing an interest in Urien because he turns his body into metal.
Urien turns his body into metal? I thought he just became black to power up. I know that sounds absurd, but that's what I've always thought.

Urien turns his body into metal? I thought he just became black to power up. I know that sounds absurd, but that's what I've always thought.

Someone told me a while back that he turns his skin into copper or some shit. It made sense to me after all that part of his ability is control over metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom