• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

Man, none of the SFV cast is appealing to me atm. I usually can find 2 or more characters I like in any fighting game but i'm just not feeling the current selection. Hopefully they add Oro or Sagat or something. Really don't want to have to play Akuma or Ryu.

mbpm1

Man, none of the SFV cast is appealing to me atm. I usually can find 2 or more characters I like in any fighting game but i'm just not feeling the current selection. Hopefully they add Oro or Sagat or something. Really don't want to have to play Akuma or Ryu.
You could just wait for KOFXIV

/s

.la1n

I love the hell out of Street Fighter but kinda in the same boat. I'm a big aesthetic person when it comes to picking a fighting game character and right now there isn't anyone that jumps out at me. I do enjoy playing Chun in third strike and IV so at least she's in although I wish they had changed up her design a bit more.

There have been a couple of changes done to the TGS build compared to the PAX build. The portraits.

right side is tgs
nGcBDNq.png

left side is tgs
uI0Rl3r.png

These changes happened for other characters too. Are those new portraits the faces SFV characters will ultimately have?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
There have been a couple of changes done to the TGS build compared to the PAX build. The portraits.

right side is tgs
nGcBDNq.png

left side is tgs
uI0Rl3r.png

These changes happened for other characters too. Are those new portraits the faces SFV characters will ultimately have?
Ken portrait is a huge downgrade, original portrait was way more hilarious

『Inaba Resident』;179233769 said:
Another stage event for V.
Hope its info about the 2nd beta/ online features or something
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/644506444587372544

Well at the first stage event, they mentioned the japanese beta and online features.

But did the actual models change.
Karin face is terrible too.

The original portraits were the 3d models that were used in game. The new portraits could be the updated models that are yet to hit the playable builds or they could have done away with the 3d in game models for the portraits. Not sure.

I kinda hope they have an option to change the character models in the select screen to the character arts. Some of these models are kinda :scust:

There's a lot of things Capcom could learn from TTT2 tbh.
and a lot they shouldn't do (ie SFxT color changing garbage)

-Being able to change the music for different menus
-Different character arts being available to use for
-Free DLC (Which they're already doing with the whole Fight Money thing)
-CFN = World Tekken Federation
I think that was the name?
-Tekken/XRD both have great tutorial modes to help you understand the game beyond just doing trials

Feeling the same, only people so far that appeal to me are Nash ( who they are nerfing) and maybe Ken. Hoping Urien makes it in....

Tripon

Feeling the same, only people so far that appeal to me are Nash ( who they are nerfing) and maybe Ken. Hoping Urien makes it in....
Feeling the opposite. I got Ryu and Ken for shoto familiarity and I got R. mika for grappler potential and Karin as my rekka character.

Marz

You could just wait for KOFXIV

/s

Lol nah I'm good. Not into shovelware.

I love the hell out of Street Fighter but kinda in the same boat. I'm a big aesthetic person when it comes to picking a fighting game character and right now there isn't anyone that jumps out at me. I do enjoy playing Chun in third strike and IV so at least she's in although I wish they had changed up her design a bit more.

Yup. I like Chun, but she's just always bored me.

The whole cyborg shit turned me off Nash, just looks goofy to me. Don't worry too much about nerfs though brah game hasn't even come out yet.

Feeling the opposite. I got Ryu and Ken for shoto familiarity and I got R. mika for grappler potential and Karin as my rekka character.

I don't think the roster is BAD, just not for me at the moment. I really appreciate that they put a character like Rashid in...but I'm never going to play him.

Feeling the opposite.

Same. I wasn't really feeling the roster but then they showed Mika who looks really fun. And now they added Karin? Super damn hyped for her. Probably gonna mess with Cammy and Necalli on the side. Maybe Chun or Vega.

With these last few reveals i've finally gone from "Ehh, i suppose these characters look okay." to being excited about playing some of the cast.

Marz

Man what's up with these scrubby Millias on Xrd online? They're literally just running around mashing lights into nothing which does like no damage in this game. I don't get what they're trying to accomplish. At least in SF you can mash some DPs and do some damage but this shit is pointless.

Man what's up with these scrubby Millias on Xrd online? They're literally just running around mashing lights into nothing which does like no damage in this game. I don't get what they're trying to accomplish. At least in SF you can mash some DPs and do some damage but this shit is pointless.

did u win tho

BadWolf

It's the complete opposite for me, the SFV cast is to my liking to the point where I could have seen myself not even bothering with any DLC characters if you could only obtain them by paying money.

You have to be like me and wait for the two remaining newcomers I guess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Vulva. You're telling me we aren't going to see Urien in the initial roster? Is that what you're telling me?

FS6d3Yf.jpg

I really enjoy the battle of insiders tho. n3ss implied that Dhalsim and Zangief seem to be misdirection by Capcom to shift people away from Alex and Urien. (My assumption)

And Vulva don't post here anymore because thread is basically community. (that's what he said in last thread)

Skab

I really enjoy the battle of insiders tho. n3ss implied that Dhalsim and Zangief seem to be misdirection by Capcom to shift people away from Alex and Urien. (My assumption)

And Vulva don't post here anymore because thread is basically community. (that's what he said in last thread)

I don't think anyone really knows whats correct at this point, even the "insiders."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom