• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Probably gonna be another late night in Tokyo. Oh god how am I gonna get up to get to TGS for tomorrow's tournamet lol.

(train ride to venue is 40 minutes ish).

pixelish

valmaster is officially sponsored by team yp. you may guess what yp stands for.

Valmaster ‏@_Valmaster 4h
I am proud and happy to announce that i am a new member of the team YP ! i'm going to represent them This week-end for the dreamhack London!

TFu96ho.jpg

I don't know japanese but on another forum it states that this is an advertisment for the 2nd phase of the beta Oct 7- 14 don't know if its been posted.

Skab

Someone on twitter suggested to mrwizard a mario maker pre show with flow for evo next year.

That needs to happen.

Oh? Is Arakune not up to your monster/demon standards?
I love his design, but then I played single player and found out he's just a babbling idiot that resulted from getting too close to the [technical term here]. That made him a lot worse to me.

Second strike was the bugs. Ew, bugs.

Third strike was his bug install. I am just not into something so complicated in terms of execution. The bug combos were really goddamn hard to do.

As I understand it, he has sucked in every version past the second one, too. I am not taking the time to master those bullshit combos for a mid tier character.

I liked the White Void guy, but then I found out he was just the whiney blonde guy from the future.

Rachel is gameplay perfection, but I feel weird about how she looks. I am not into playing children, especially little girls. Same reason I won't play Carl.

So I ended up playing Tager, even though I like him less for being Kokonoe's bitch. Is he still Kokonoe's bitch?

That's why I say my biggest problem with BlazBlue is the character designs. There are a few characters I could enjoy playing (including generic bad guy), but their designs are mostly awful. Especially when you find out more about them as characters.

Nine is my last hope, really.

As I understand it, he has sucked in every version past the second one, too. I am not taking the time to master those bullshit combos for a mid tier character.
I think it's more the character encouraging bad play. I used to be afraid of Arakune players in CT, but everyone I faced afterwards folded like a piece of paper the moment I charged in. It's not even a matter of not having a reversal. They'd just forget they have a back direction on their D-pads or something. I think they just pick the character to press buttons.
That's why I say my biggest problem with BlazBlue is the character designs. There are a few characters I could enjoy playing (including generic bad guy), but their designs are mostly awful. Especially when you find out more about them as characters.
Bang is the best. Guy is bombastic hell, was born on the 1st of January and he manages to be THE speed demon while lugging around a six foot nail that would fascinate Freud for years to come. BB vs GG is going to be amazing when he and Chipp finally meet.

I think it's more the character encouraging bad play. I used to be afraid of Arakune players in CT, but everyone I faced afterwards folded like a piece of paper the moment I charged in. It's not even a matter of not having a reversal. They'd just forget they have a back direction on their D-pads or something. I think they just pick the character to press buttons.

Bang is the best. Guy is bombastic hell, was born on the 1st of January and he manages to be THE speed demon while lugging around a six foot nail that would fascinate Freud for years to come. BB vs GG is going to be amazing when he and Chipp finally meet.
I am glad you like him, haha.

I always felt like Arakune had a crappy neutral, too. Nothing to really cover space, just odd potshots and bad teleports. I am going to see how that has changed, though. I haven't paid attention to him since CS.

I always felt like Arakune had a crappy neutral, too. Nothing to really cover space, just odd potshots and bad teleports. I am going to see how that has changed, though. I haven't paid attention to him since CS.
You'd think this would force them to get good at defense in that case, right? Nope, Arakune players are easier to open than a can of tuna despite that being something obvious to work on.

I'd tell you things are different now, but I kind of dropped BB after Chronophantasma. It's the BB I've waited for since CT tbh, but I'm not so keen on the update cycle and how console focused ASW are.
He stopped being the whiny blonde guy the moment he put on the suit, though.
This is why Hakumen wins every day of the week. The constant story focus on Jin (and the Library cast in general) kind of soured me on the story. I just kind of dropped the Chronophantasma story mode 3/4ths of the way in and haven't gone back to it.

You'd think this would force them to get good at defense in that case, right? Nope, Arakune players are easier to open than a can of tuna despite that being something obvious to work on.

I'd tell you things are different now, but I kind of dropped BB after Chronophantasma. It's the BB I've waited for since CT tbh, but I'm not so keen on the update cycle and how console focused ASW are.

This is why Hakumen wins every day of the week. The constant story focus on Jin (and the Library cast in general) kind of soured me on the story. I just kind of dropped the Chronophantasma story mode 3/4ths of the way in and haven't gone back to it.
You mean how ASW isn't console focused enough, right?

Well

At least we get console versions. Their published stuff like AH and UniB also gets nice console treatment. If we have to speak honestly, PC is really supposed to be at the bottom of the totem pole and that makes sense. Unfortunately it doesn't even register on their map right now sooooo.

Marz

I love his design, but then I played single player and found out he's just a babbling idiot that resulted from getting too close to the [technical term here]. That made him a lot worse to me.

Second strike was the bugs. Ew, bugs.

Third strike was his bug install. I am just not into something so complicated in terms of execution. The bug combos were really goddamn hard to do.

I liked the White Void guy, but then I found out he was just the whiney blonde guy from the future.

Rachel is gameplay perfection, but I feel weird about how she looks. I am not into playing children, especially little girls. Same reason I won't play Carl.

So I ended up playing Tager, even though I like him less for being Kokonoe's bitch. Is he still Kokonoe's bitch?

Nine is my last hope, really.

Relius and Valk. I think they're both cool.

Azrael too even though I don't like characters that just go Unga.

Showing affection and sadness to the love he had to throw away as she loses herself isn't being whiny. It's one of the best scenes in the series.

Yes but that entire plot point is based around the interaction of three characters, it acknowledges that Hakumen's past as Jin and all of the choices that Jin made shape Hakumen as he is now.

If the superficial reveal that Hakumen is the future version of Jin is enough to Karst off, then the later games using that as a way to develop the character pretty much contradicts the attempt to imply that Hakumen is separate and distinct from the whiney blonde kid.

Relius and Valk. I think they're both cool.

Azrael too even though I don't like characters that just go Unga.
Relius isn't bad. Werewolf butler is a bit too lame for me, though. Azrael definitely isn't my playstyle, but I don't mind his looks.

One thing I have discovered is that I don't like characters that are potentially incomplete in their neutral play. Like, it really frustrates me when I lose Eddie as Zato (which, as everyone knows, is a lot - lol). As such, I think I would find Relius frustrating, too.

What I do like is characters that can "power up" as a result of smart play. Dark Spells with Dormammu, Shadow Ball with Mewtwo, and Dark Phoenix are all very attractive to me. I am hoping that Nine has something like Dark Spells going on, since no one in BB uses that mechanic and it would fit her well. I wouldn't say that such a mechanic is essential, but I do generally like receiving rewards for patient and strategic play, and I like having mobility that controls the pace of the match (Painwheel, Sentinel). I am actually shocked that Smash doesn't have a 360 degree flight character.

What I lose interest in quickly is any rushdown or mix up character. My favorite Marvel team is Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix, but it gets crushed by top tier stuff, so I compromise with Firebrand/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath.

There are just so many things that I love in fighting games. If Nine is a spellcaster with a teleport, I will play her for years.

Showing affection and sadness to the love he had to throw away as she loses herself isn't being whiny. It's one of the best scenes in the series.
100% agreed

That moment made me feel like Hakumen would have been a far cooler BB MC than the Icecar driver.
What I lose interest in quickly is any rushdown or mix up character. My favorite Marvel team is Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix, but it gets crushed by top tier stuff, so I compromise with Firebrand/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath.
RIP everyone's chances of convincing you to try VSav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom