• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agreed

That moment made me feel like Hakumen would have been a far cooler BB MC than the Icecar driver.

RIP everyone's chances of convincing you to try VSav.
Isn't zoning into mixups a big part of how Jedah play? I can dig stuff like that. Like, it isn't that I never want to rush. I just can't stand pure rushdown. I still enjoy Firebrand since he has the fireballs to mix things up, and I adore MvC3 Morrigan.

Actually, since I have a moment, I will look some of the suggestions up.

Isn't zoning into mixups a big part of how Jedah play? I can dig stuff like that. Like, it isn't that I never want to rush. I just can't stand pure rushdown. I still enjoy Firebrand since he has the fireballs to mix things up, and I adore MvC3 Morrigan.

Actually, since I have a moment, I will look some of the suggestions up.
Unfortunately for Jedah he has pretty massive horizontal hurtboxes and his mixup game can be stuffed pretty easily by projectiles or standing normals. Really, the fully realized Jedah gameplan is best seen in Eliza from SG and it's horrifyingly beautiful. I only saw it from one set against Dyne (probably the best Jedah player on the western hemisphere) who only had a month or two of SG practice. Probably one of my top three sets of all time in fighting games.

Watch some vids:

Bish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7oVxnoOio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevpORG7MfE

Fish and Jedah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUlXcTW8Bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32fgwZj9Hnk

TGS? They are all notables.

Top players all in there

Top players everywhere
WTB JWong's Bison.

Unfortunately for Jedah he has pretty massive horizontal hurtboxes and his mixup game can be stuffed pretty easily by projectiles or standing normals. Really, the fully realized Jedah gameplan is best seen in Eliza from SG and it's horrifyingly beautiful. I only saw it from one set against Dyne (probably the best Jedah player on the western hemisphere) who only had a month or two of SG practice. Probably one of my top three sets of all time in fighting games.

Watch some vids:

Bish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7oVxnoOio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevpORG7MfE

Fish and Jedah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUlXcTW8Bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32fgwZj9Hnk
I will watch all of this, thank you!

Hey so my TE stick broke recently and I was wondering what kind of stick I should get next. I was originally gonna wait for the SFV Chun li stick to come out and get that, but now I'm thinking of getting the Qanba Q2 glow. It seems to be a good deal at $135. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Link here.

I should mention I'm looking to get a stick for PC in case someone wants to recommend something else. Thanks.

Watched the videos - Rikou is pretty cool, but I really loved the Jedah play I watched. I am pretty sure I would go for him. Hopefully we get a new Darkstalkers this generation.

Hey so my TE stick broke recently and I was wondering what kind of stick I should get next. I was originally gonna wait for the SFV Chun li stick to come out and get that, but now I'm thinking of getting the Qanba Q2 glow. It seems to be a good deal at $135. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Link here.

I should mention I'm looking to get a stick for PC in case someone wants to recommend something else. Thanks.
I recommend asking in the Arcade Stick thread. This is just the graveyard for people who watch streams.

Watched the videos - Rikou is pretty cool, but I really loved the Jedah play I watched. I am pretty sure I would go for him. Hopefully we get a new Darkstalkers this generation.

I recommend asking in the Arcade Stick thread. This is just the graveyard for people who watch streams.

Yeah I was gonna cross post this over thataway, but I'm a longtime lurker of FGW (RIP etc etc) save for the occasional drunk post during a major and I trust the opinion of people in this thread.

Rhapsody

Banned

Jedah sort of sucks. Don't do this to yourself.

Yeah I was gonna cross post this over thataway, but I'm a longtime lurker of FGW (RIP etc etc) save for the occasional drunk post during a major and I trust the opinion of people in this thread.
Yeah, I just don't know how many folks here have experience with the QANBA. Most people here just have their one stick, I think. The Arcade Stick thread has lots of collectors that can give you a broader perspective.

Jedah sort of sucks. Don't do this to yourself.
I don't plan on picking the game up. :p Too much going on right now. However, if there was ever a new Darkstalkers game, I'd be there.

shaowebb

Yeah, I just don't know how many folks here have experience with the QANBA. Most people here just have their one stick, I think. The Arcade Stick thread has lots of collectors that can give you a broader perspective.

I don't plan on picking the game up. :p Too much going on right now. However, if there was ever a new Darkstalkers game, I'd be there.

My suggestion, as always, is if you're gonna go Darkstalkers you can't go wrong with Q-Bee. Irritating and adorable. A deadly combo. Ruuuuuuuuuuuuins Anakaris players lol.
I know fuck all bout Darkstalkers, but Q Bee is adorable and you can make folks yell "Not the BEES!" so easily lol

Rhapsody

Banned
You know it's bad when the best Jedah player in the west spends the better part of three years telling me in all sorts of different ways that he is frustrated with Jedah's situation.

Poor Dyne

I wish he had a normal that would cause knockdown and better hitboxes. So awful that things just keep going to neutral after his BnBs lol

petghost

Banned
My suggestion, as always, is if you're gonna go Darkstalkers you can't go wrong with Q-Bee. Irritating and adorable. A deadly combo. Ruuuuuuuuuuuuins Anakaris players lol.
I know fuck all bout Darkstalkers, but Q Bee is adorable and you can make folks yell "Not the BEES!" so easily lol

Yeah I agree. think she is a good char for anybody to pick up due to scary high low game and good buttons. Not dependant on meter in any way either so yeah she is simple but the thing she does is super scary.

I looked up the tier list. Anakaris is bottom, and Q-Bee is top. :p

Jedah is mid with Hsien-ko. If SolarPowered can enjoy the game with her, I don't see why I couldn't enjoy Jedah, though.

Tizoc

I'm rather 50-50 about Karin's rekkas being locked behind her V-Trigger, they were her trademark in SFA3 somewhat, unless you were playing V-ISM :p
Funnily enough she's similar to Blue Mary in Real Bout 2, in that both have extra moves unlocked for them after taking damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yes but that entire plot point is based around the interaction of three characters, it acknowledges that Hakumen's past as Jin and all of the choices that Jin made shape Hakumen as he is now.

If the superficial reveal that Hakumen is the future version of Jin is enough to Karst off, then the later games using that as a way to develop the character pretty much contradicts the attempt to imply that Hakumen is separate and distinct from the whiney blonde kid.

Hakumen isn't future Jin, he's alternative Jin. Hakumen was created in the events back in CT that have passed by. There will never be another Hakumen and Jin will not become him anymore.

Hakumen isn't future Jin, he's alternative Jin. Hakumen was created in the events back in CT that have passed by. There will never be another Hakumen and Jin will not become him anymore.
In every case except for 1, I loathe time travel/alternate universe crap in games.

Tizoc

So Hakumen is an anomaly that'll completely cease to exist once Saya and her cohorts are stopped once and for all?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wait, so what is suppose to happen upon the resolution of the story? Why is he fading away?

His body doesnt exist anymore it got locked away in the Boundary *a dream world basically* and while it's in there it's getting shredded away slowly. A projection of him is what got summoned into the current story.

So when the goddess of life finally wakes up he should vanish completely.

I think that's it. I'm a bit rusty on it right now

His body doesnt exist anymore it got locked away in the Boundary *a dream world basically* and while it's in there it's getting shredded away slowly. A projection of him is what got summoned into the current story.

So when the goddess of life finally wakes up he should vanish completely.

I think that's it. I'm a bit rusty on it right now
Goddess...of life?

Wasn't Nine also trapped in the Boundary by Terumi, but Team Good Guys rescued her? Couldn't they free Hakumen, too?

Shun

Arcadeshock is doing a 15% off coupon thing for almost all their products as a courtesy for taking a vacation and delaying shipping till September 23rd.

Pretty decent if you want those Guilty Gear/BlazBlue pushbuttons and balltops.

It works for everything except the newest Hori sticks.

Code: VACAY

That's just semantics. Hakumen is someone that a Jin became later in his future, yes the current Jin will not become Hakumen.

In every case except for 1, I loathe time travel/alternate universe crap in games.
That's not really all that bad at all compared to Ragna who apparently got his gear from a future self from the past in some enclosed time loop thing.

Arcadeshock is doing a 15% off coupon thing for almost all their products as a courtesy for taking a vacation and delaying shipping till September 23rd.

Pretty decent if you want those Guilty Gear/BlazBlue pushbuttons and balltops.

It works for everything except the newest Hori sticks.

Code: VACAY

if only they sold those cellphone/arcade stick sticker cleaners. Ive been trying to find those for forever

Tizoc

That's just semantics. Hakumen is someone that a Jin became later in his future, yes the current Jin will not become Hakumen.

That's not really all that bad at all compared to Ragna who apparently got his gear from a future self from the past in some enclosed time loop thing.

So Future Ragna got the jacket and then went back in time to give it to his younger self?
Aren't such loops intended as joke things?

Mizerman

So Future Ragna got the jacket and then went back in time to give it to his younger self?
Aren't such loops intended as joke things?

Pretty much.

Though it was more like Ragna giving both the jacket and sword to Celica of the past who then gave it to Ragna in the future.

...Yep.

Well, at least Ragna isn't Kang the Conqueror.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm just waiting for them to go into detail about how Ragna / Jin / Saya are all not even human and were made in a lab or whatever

ragna-blazblue-cp-beach.jpg

Dat seal on his chest

Q-Bee is irritating. Stupidly hard to land that perfect IAD 2hp you need to hit her at all. Like, 2 successes out of 40 tries hard.

In other news, finally found my GG character. Time to live that Sol life for the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom