• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

Mike in the back like
iM4Ru1z.gif

I can't look at young Mike, it's too much!

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, again, everyone. And thanks for hosting Lostconfused. I don't know why when some PS4 users host a lobby, it just shows the symbol like they're in someone else's. Yours seemed to work fine for me.

I get so lazy after Evo, but I really need to grind Xrd if I'm able to make it to SCR that day.

GGs, again, everyone. And thanks for hosting Lostconfused. I don't know why when some PS4 users host a lobby, it just shows the symbol like they're in someone else's. Yours seemed to work fine for me.

Sure no problem. A few more times like this and I'll have to buy real streaming equipment lol.

Thanks for playing me in that terrible lag lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sure no problem. A few more times like this and I'll have to buy real streaming equipment lol.

Thanks for playing me in that terrible lag lol.

Honestly I'm fine with delay if I'm playing with people I know (as in anyone here). It's more fun that way and I'll mind it less. I just don't like playing ranked with random people while not getting much out of it, haha.

shaowebb

Holy SHIT...I just spent an hour on Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Scharlachrott trying to beat story mode with Maori. The whole time I could hear Justin Wong yelling "NO YOU LEARN TODAY" as she'd summon this irritating as shit transformer looking wolf to fire a cannon at me. Couldn't block it at all. She would just go ham and do it 3 to 4 times straight and it puts you full screen and combos into itself for big ass damage. Eventually beat her, but fuck was I salty. That felt like a KoF boss syndrome thing for me.

A1k7kda.jpg

What I learned about Maori:
  • Her mixup game is ridiculous. Like insane. She has normals with B and C that are thrown tops and they can go behind. Forward C and C both have crazy range and can hit more than once allowing for high low mixups and really great combos that OTG forever. You can essentially do a 7 hit plus combo just with C moves off a knockdown.
  • You wanna play Marvel? She's it. She has her whole family as assist characters for specials. She can summon one that is essentially Vajra assist, one that dash forward thunderknuckles folks full screen and another on a paper crane that can appear in front of or behind them and sets up crazy mixups. She had another that dashed in low and fast and one that stood around but I couldn't get em to do much so I'm uncertain how to maximize them.
  • Girl loves meter. She has supers that can only be done during other supers meaning she has 3 bar combos. Otherwise her supers don't do much damage, but they allow for mixups pretty fucking easily because they again are summons and you are free to act during them.
  • Her jumping game is crossup city. She shoots that top and it works like Captain America's shield in that it boomerangs. This is her standing and air normal and she can send it behind you on any jump in and force you to block twice meaning if you do it on a low jump you can generally mash A on landing for a mixup and pressure.
  • Not a lot of dash cancels for combos, but given she has combos of pure heavies with C and tons of ways to stuff you and open you up she doesn't need em.
  • Not a full screen girl. Works great in the air and neutral. Didn't have a lot of clashframes so you had to backdash often. I paired her with EVIL arcana to gain poison effects and teleports to deal with this backdash syndrome she has trying to keep them at neutral so I wouldn't corner myself so frequently.
If anyone here has more experience with Scharlachrot or Maori please chime in on this because I'd love to know more.

Check Maori out. She's fucking cool.

Also the final boss is pretty fucking cool and unique. A giant mech has these 5 stones and is using them to fuel nukes or some shit to fire into Mt Fuji to take out japan. You fight on a stage with platforms vs 2 flying enemies and try to destroy the cores on the mech as they all fire bullets. Once shattered it loses certain attacks. You get one round and if time runs out it fires.

Check the final bosses platforming shmup stage out. Its pretty cool.

Tripon

Just finished through quite a couple threads for TGS and I have to say, it has been hilarious reading it.
Speaking of threads and TGS, anybody have feedback or critism for the tournament threads? TGS was the first premiere thread I did, and I want to make sure if there things I can improve, it gets voiced.

Also, who is doing the SCR thread? I can do it, but I know there should be interest from others to make one for SCR.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Speaking of threads and TGS, anybody have feedback or critism for the tournament threads? TGS was the first premiere thread I did, and I want to make sure if there things I can improve, it gets voiced.

Also, who is doing the SCR thread? I can do it, but I know there should be interest from others to make one for SCR.

Mind linking it to me? I was out all weekend and also read like two threads for TGS lol

Beats

I think you should put the info you usually have at the top (link to fgc gaf thread, twitters and stuff) at the bottom of the post. Let the tournament info be the first thing people read.

Marz

Went into that TGS thread and saw people bitching about commentary for 3 pages and getting hype over Seth play.

No thanks.

Tripon

I think you should put the info you usually have at the top (link to fgc gaf thread, twitters and stuff) at the bottom of the post. Let the tournament info be the first thing people read.

Noted: Will do from now on.

Its good, less frilly stuff and more to the point. Kinda sucks FGW Community thread is dying without us being able to do anything about it, doubt the mods would be willing to open this discussion again.

What do you mean by less frilly stuff? The jokes, the text trying to describe the event? Do you just want to see the infographics and stream info?

Tik-Tok

Noted: Will do from now on.

What do you mean by less frilly stuff? The jokes, the text trying to describe the event? Do you just want to see the infographics and stream info?
I don't think he was suggesting less frilly stuff. I think he was describing your thread. Also good job. don't worry if no one else steps up to make the thread they can't complain ;)

Tripon

Valmaster and Luffy are going to EGX. So that leaves Ragnarok with just Phenom and probably Veggey (Maybe Ryan Hart?)

Wonder if any Europeans will try to go to Kuwait. The money must tempt the top Euro players like Luffy, Valmaster, Gapapa, Ryan Hart, etc.

crash-14

Wonder if any Europeans will try to go to Kuwait. The money must tempt the top Euro players like Luffy, Valmaster, Gapapa, Ryan Hart, etc.

It's not possible. Kuwait it's this weekend and so they are the european ranking events.

Maybe Ryan cuz his sponsor it's from the middle east (I haven't see him on the EGX players list, so...).

Gagapa ain't travelling due work I guess.

Went into that TGS thread and saw people bitching about commentary for 3 pages and getting hype over Seth play.

No thanks.

I thought it was pretty interesting to see the various top players handle a different kind of Seth. Dashio ran through Gamerbee and Infiltration who both have a very good record against Poongko.

Poongko has been a fan favorite for so long, but Dashio has probably been the better Seth for a good while now. He's just one of the many guys that could never truly show the world because he doesn't have the money or time to travel.

pixelish

I thought it was pretty interesting to see the various top players handle a different kind of Seth. Dashio ran through Gamerbee and Infiltration who both have a very good record against Poongko.

Poongko has been a fan favorite for so long, but Dashio has probably been the better Seth for a good while now. He's just one of the many guys that could never truly show the world because he doesn't have the money or time to travel.

i think the biggest problem with poongko lately is that he second guessed himself a lot. he doesn't seem to be confident with his decisions in the matches i've watched.

Too bad this tournament couldn't get merged with the tournament thread for an extended weekend lol
Yeah, it certainly warrants the same level of discussion as the other tournaments this weekend. It's a very large and unique event, and the most exposure Japanese the Smash 4 scene will get yet, not counting individual players like Abadango, Nietono and Rain at EVO and Apex. Smash 4 is huge in Japan like it is in the US, and just as talented (if not more).

Tripon

The Umebara FAT stream is live. Really excited to see how Nairo does against the top Japanese players
http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming

Too bad this tournament couldn't get merged with the tournament thread for an extended weekend lol

Yeah, it certainly warrants the same level of discussion as the other tournaments this weekend. It's a very large and unique event, and the most exposure Japanese the Smash 4 scene will get yet, not counting individual players like Abadango, Nietono and Rain at EVO and Apex. Smash 4 is huge in Japan like it is in the US, and just as talented (if not more).

If there's a tournament you want me to include that is on your radar, tell me in this thread or PM me.

And I disagree with Smash 4 being huge in Japan, there's only two sponsored Smash 4 players in Japan, Neitoto who isn't doing great, and Amsa who is known more for Melee and is a VG Bootcamp sponsor, who can't pay to fly him to events. Compare to Ultra or even the anime games where companies are willing to offer pot bonuses and sponsors are willing to fly players across the world to compete and Smash 4 has a long way to go.

somebody in justin's stream mention that he thinks that "japan is going to get bodied in SF5 because its releasing world wide at the same time".

Do you guys think this is true?

I think the biggest factor isn't the release worldwide thing, but SF5 not being in arcades. IMO that will kill a lot of drive of Japanese fighting game players to play SF5. Not the worldwide thing.

I mean Asia in general outside of Japan is dominating in SF4 and most of those don't have thriving arcade scenes at all. (Korea, Singapore, etc)

Tripon

Japan still has amazing internet infrastructure compared to most countries. And they have a player base that is still geographically close to each other. They will be fine.

Sayad

somebody in justin's stream mention that he thinks that "japan is going to get bodied in SF5 because its releasing world wide at the same time".

Do you guys think this is true?

I think the biggest factor isn't the release worldwide thing, but SF5 not being in arcades. IMO that will kill a lot of drive of Japanese fighting game players to play SF5. Not the worldwide thing.

I mean Asia in general outside of Japan is dominating in SF4 and most of those don't have thriving arcade scenes at all. (Korea, Singapore, etc)
Like SFxT, the US will do much better in SFV than they did in SFIV. Not sure about Japan getting bodied though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom