• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
my last ban message (for making a "vita owner = pedo joke" which everyone does now anyway) implied i was nearing my final ban before a perm
Damn, looks like someone can't participate in OPM threads.
Also, BlazBlue has background elements that I love, while Street Fighter has background elements that I generally find to be lame. What makes them different?

Although I like the hype sheep in SFV.
Probably because ASW stages (particularly BB) tend to be more fantastic and imaginative in nature. SF stages look like places you might see in the real world. BB's vistas, open skies and magical kingdom nonsense makes for a lot of fun colors, architecture and weird fauna/flora design.

Line_HTX

Probably because ASW stages (particularly BB) tend to be more fantastic and imaginative in nature. SF stages look like places you might see in the real world. BB's vistas, open skies and magical kingdom nonsense makes for a lot of fun colors, architecture and weird fauna/flora design.

I mean... It is Kagutsutchi after all. It's like the world revolves around that city or something.

Uh-OH, One Punch Man thread becoming dangerous?

I feel like the SF stages make less sense. Who fights at a train station while some guys play music and dance in the background?

notworksafe

I really like the cruise ship, the boat, and the railyard stages in sf4. the rest range from meh to bad.

edit: africa stage with the plane is top tier also

Beckx

I feel like the SF stages make less sense. Who fights at a train station while some guys play music and dance in the background?

Its not that they make less sense, it's that the art direction is terrible. I think they think they're translating the old SFII design - like Russia or Ken's stage - into a modern look but it all comes together wrong.

I mean May's ship stage in Xrd doesn't make any sense but it has good art direction.

I really like the cruise ship, the boat, and the railyard stages in sf4. the rest range from meh to bad.

edit: africa stage with the plane is top tier also

africa plane is probably the best example of Capcom succeeding at making a modern stage with the SFII feel.

My favorite SFIV stages:

Boat stage
East Asia Fair stage
Underpass stage
Temple stage
Railyard stage

I feel like the temple stage gets it the most though. That's just pure Street Fighter. That and the boat stage.

I mean... It is Kagutsutchi after all. It's like the world revolves around that city or something.

Uh-OH, One Punch Man thread becoming dangerous?
none of the stages from chrono phantasma are kagutsuchi. BB does a really good job of having interesting background items without them being attention stealing.

Some of my favorite stages:
The Gate
The_Gate_-Not_Possible-_(Stage).png

Moonlight Castle
Moonlight_Castle_-Halloween-_(Stage%2C_Chronophantasma).png

Colosseum (though the silent variation is overplayed now)
Colosseum_(Stage).png

Gravemarker of Bases
Grave_Marker_of_Bases_(Stage).png

Line_HTX

Favorite Tekken stages:

URBAN JUNGLE

Noh Theater

Tulip Festival

Moonlit Wilderness inside the castle

That war torn city stage in Tekken 7 because you gotta have a city on fire.

Beckx

This stage is everything I'm talking about that I personally hate about modern SF stages. Lots of dumb random shit. Like, why am I fighitng in a lab? This isn't Lab Fighter.

SHOW ME YOUR POWER

ALL OF IT

no please don't it will probably be a gif that will finally kill my laptop

mbpm1

This stage is everything I'm talking about that I personally hate about modern SF stages. Lots of dumb random shit. Like, why am I fighitng in a lab? This isn't Lab Fighter.

There's not a whole lot else going on in it tho and it has the exploding machine thing when someone wins which I like.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

This is what bothers me most about the FANG stage
the background looks sorta cool
and then look at these dumbass cartoon characters BEING RANDOM HAHAHAHA

Beckx

Apparently the roms in the NeoGeo bundle have torrent info in them. The allegation is that they were grabbed from torrent sites to create the bundle. Which even if it's done by the current IP holders is really kinda sketchy.

GOAT stage is still the bamboo forest from Bushido Blade.

Apparently the roms in the NeoGeo bundle have torrent info in them.

The allegation is that they were grabbed from torrent sites to create the bundle. Which even if it's done by the current IP holders is really kinda sketchy.

Now I don't feel bad about playing their stuff on Fightcade instead!

onionfrog

Apparently the roms in the NeoGeo bundle have torrent info in them. The allegation is that they were grabbed from torrent sites to create the bundle. Which even if it's done by the current IP holders is really kinda sketchy.

GOAT stage is still the bamboo forest from Bushido Blade.
Lmfao
They couldn't be bothered to do their own rips.

Line_HTX

TTT Snow Stage
T4 Airport
T5 Church stage
TTT2 Snoop

Ehh, I like the Winter Palace from DR better, and I'm glad they brought that back for Tag 2 with a balcony break.

That Snoop stage was only tolerable when I substituted that cheesy ass song with either Bitch Please III or Who Am I (What's My Name).

notworksafe

Ehh, I like the Winter Palace from DR better, and I'm glad they brought that back for Tag 2 with a balcony break.

That Snoop stage was only tolerable when I substituted that cheesy ass song with either Bitch Please III or Who Am I (What's My Name).

Yeah I use Who Am I as a custom track there too lol. Winter Palace is such a good goddamn stage too, can't believe I forgot it.

FACE

Banned
I'm watching the IGN combofiend and mike "i'm cute as fuck" ross vid and I liked the stage until I saw the silly shit going on. How come every stage in SF now has to be some silly ass thing with dancing bears or people being chased by mechs now?

How come we can't have something like these stages?

http://i.imgur.com/8z4YdL2.png[img]
[B]
When you walk in those puddles in SFV, it should affect the character mobility. [/B]
[/QUOTE]

I agree that the stages aren't very good, but I really dislike that idea. Keep that kinda stuff in Smash Brothers.

Edit: I wish Capcom gave us an option to disable background NPCs, it'd make every stage 15000x better.

I only like picking the under the bridge stage in sf4 b/c of the mago theory. So hard to choose a stage in asw games b/c all you got to go off is a name so I never really know what the stages or songs are in guilty gear.

Perro

I don't care about the stages, is all about the music. I always pick Pitstop 109 and Blast Furnace except when my FPS gets all weird.

Sayad

I bet most SFV stages would look better than those Alpha stages if we got panorama shots of them at the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom