• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

So I'm guessing there's no actual gimmicky mechanics on all of the SFV stages?

I'd rather the talk be "This stage is NOT laggy online" or some shit.

shaowebb

Woo! All my issues with the SNK 25th anniversary bundle and Fightcade are fixed now. I had a windows update and it fixed my issues with both the built in launcher and with Fightcade running properly. Now everything that Fightcade has on their list from the bundle I can play with GGPO and the rest run on their own.

I bet most SFV stages would look better than those Alpha stages if we got panorama shots of them at the same size.

Here's SFIV panorama's.

vpZHivf.jpg

hyVV0lb.jpg

YXSbSLN.jpg

It really isn't the case. The art design is just generally much weaker as a rule.

The ones that generally fair well are the ones already mentioned as being good stages.

7eO1fOj.jpg

TS0EBK6.jpg

efl0ECs.jpg

Tik-Tok

Overpass is the worst fucking stage. Boring. Those kids are heathens with no parents and no love. Fuck them and fuck Overpass.

I'm watching the IGN combofiend and mike "i'm cute as fuck" ross vid and I liked the stage until I saw the silly shit going on. How come every stage in SF now has to be some silly ass thing with dancing bears or people being chased by mechs now?

How come we can't have something like these stages?

*stages*

More stuff like the Karin stage in SFV, and less shit like...that Shadaloo stage. The Shadaloo stage was perfectly fine until I saw all the silly stupid shit. I'm not saying the stages can't have their easter eggs and funny hijinks, but FUCK, diversify it for the love of GOD. The London stage I hate as well. Got them fighting in Union Station with this lame ass band.

Someone needs to tell this to Ono: Street Fighter stages are ass now.

I very much agree with this. The stages are nice but the funny stuff is not funny and gets old really fast. This is sort of a problem when a game is played for years...

Warxard

Banned
Inland Jungle
Crowded Downtown
Skyscraper Under Construction
Beautiful Bay

are the best stages.

Best stages, yep.

--

I do like Pit Stop 109 and Mad Gear Hideout too. One of the bigger complaints I have for SFV is that mostly all but two of the stages (Shadaloo hideout and Waterfall) look like really sterile.

Xrd, KI, P4U all have beautiful stages.

I actually like a lot of SFV's stages, but the music is lame in most of them.

Best SFIV stage is either of the two African ones(shoutouts to Count). I love the atmosphere and the music. Wish every SF4 match was on those stages, and then volcanic rift or whatever for GF.

Instead of FUCKING TRAINING STAGE

edit: DryEyeRelief pls stop trigging me pls remove image think of Ono

Line_HTX

I actually have not listened to any tracks from SFV. What are they like?

I wonder if they're as Shitstep like in T7 where it's almost always like that now.

I mean... It is Kagutsutchi after all. It's like the world revolves around that city or something.

Uh-OH, One Punch Man thread becoming dangerous?
CS and beyond went for a lot more locales than Kagutsutchi as someone else showed and the series was better for it. It's not a coincidence than Rachel and Bang's stages were some of the best ones in CT.
I feel like the SF stages make less sense. Who fights at a train station while some guys play music and dance in the background?
I always figured most of the world warriors were kind of well known so nobody freaked out as much as they should have. Maybe I got that impression because I don't follow the SF lore and CvS made it feel like Street Fighters and the SNK cast are more famous than I thought.

I always figured most of the world warriors were kind of well known so nobody freaked out as much as they should have. Maybe I got that impression because I don't follow the SF lore and CvS made it feel like Street Fighters and the SNK cast are more famous than I thought.

This is the case. Sakura finds out about Ryu via the world tournament. It was heavily broadcasted. Ken's fiancee was there, and so was Guile's family. So it's a pretty famous tournament.

vulva

omg Fang is totally my kinda character. I've been wanting a good zoning character for awhile and he looks totally like my kind of approach to the game. Annoying and effective along with a good option on how to deal with pressure in his teleport sort of thing.

Sayad

Here's SFIV panorama's.

It really isn't the case. The art design is just generally much weaker as a rule.

The ones that generally fair well are the ones already mentioned as being good stages.
Most of those shots consists of empty spaces that would never come into view outside cinematics. The highlighted is the possible stage area during normal play:
Not to mention this isn't fair for SFIV's exaggerated perspective as the angel you're looking at the background from changes depending on where you are in the stage. That and the lack of proper texture filtering there make SFIV already bad textures look even worse.

Who ever took this did a much better job at showing the stage:
What SFIV need are the smaller details in textures, better lighting, more intresting color pallets and better background characters models and animation. SFV's good stages does a great job in fixing most of those... Though we still get garbage stages like New Zealand, that and the ape-ish background characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom