• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BlazBlue stages are good because

1. ArcSys has good artist
2. They have to use the stages to help sell the world the story is taking place in. Remember the game was going to be an RPG originally

2. They have to use the stages to help sell the world the story is taking place in. Remember the game was going to be an RPG originally

really? huh...

omg Fang is totally my kinda character. I've been wanting a good zoning character for awhile and he looks totally like my kind of approach to the game. Annoying and effective along with a good option on how to deal with pressure in his teleport sort of thing.

wow. i do remember you not being interested in any of the cast and putting your hopes on the last character. that really worked out for you.

Wall of Shame Frauds

T8oZW2k.png

my crop job definitely gonna get someone upset

Dahbomb

Just read that KOF interview.

Shocking that they are putting out 50 characters out of the gate when development started full throttle in Spring 2014. VA also seems complete, I guess their final priority is the visuals.

Beckx

Shocking that they are putting out 50 characters out of the gate when development started full throttle in Spring 2014. VA also seems complete, I guess their final priority is the visuals.

They're probably just torrenting most of the other characters to put in.

Yeah, that is overkill. If I were in their shoes I'd aim for a tight roster of 24 and gradually expand with two teams per season instead. They gotta get that DLC money and have something for people three and four years out.

Dahbomb

Yeah, that is overkill. If I were in their shoes I'd aim for a tight roster of 24 and gradually expand with two teams per season instead. They gotta get that DLC money and have something for people three and four years out.
They have DLC planned for the game as well with more characters.

If the leaked roster is legit, then SNK can have a lot of DLC sales with folks like Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Yashiro, Shermie, Vanessa, the list goes on.

Honestly, they'd be smart to not have those types on the initial roster. Those characters would sell DLC packs.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If the leaked roster is legit, then SNK can have a lot of DLC sales with folks like Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Yashiro, Shermie, Vanessa, the list goes on.

Honestly, they'd be smart to not have those types on the initial roster. Those characters would sell DLC packs.

That plus the outfit packs to be had in the future. Easy money.

vulva

really? huh...

wow. i do remember you not being interested in any of the cast and putting your hopes on the last character. that really worked out for you.

For now at least. Maybe when the game comes out I'll find someone I like better and maybe Fang won't be my cup of tea, but right now he's fitting my criteria for what I look for in a character. I like a ranged game, I like charge characters and he seems to have some okay normals (hard to tell this early on though).

Also the poison's really really great I think. Characters who play the range game have one major weakness in terms of playing their game: the second they're at the health disadvantage, they have to do something different to make a comeback happen. This unblockable slow poison projectile basically creates a situation where that never happens. If I'm at 1/4 health and you're at 3/4s and get hit by the poison, you need to do something to stop it. You need to make an effort to come back in or else it'll slowly nag away at you.

Obviously there are situations where this won't work the way I described (like 5 seconds left, I'm way down on health and you're almost at a perfect, you'll just eat the damage) but it creates a unique dynamic to allowing a range based character to continue playing their game at most given times.

Very excited!

Nightii

Banned
Started listening to the SFV music playlist mbpm1 posted, so far...

Ryu and Ken's remixes are fantastic, definitely "pump me up for a battle" material. Chun Li and Bison's are ok, and Nash is growing quickly on me after I decided to repeat it.

Hopefuly Vega's is great, his is my favorite theme in Street Fighter, but the SFIV remix sucked.

Fang is going to be my worst nightmare.

I have trouble opening people up, so having a character like that is going to force me to learn new skills.

However, the mechanics behind FANG are actually quite ingenious. a character you are FORCED to confront or attack to AVOID damage. that's seldom seen.

Mizerman

For now at least. Maybe when the game comes out I'll find someone I like better and maybe Fang won't be my cup of tea, but right now he's fitting my criteria for what I look for in a character. I like a ranged game, I like charge characters and he seems to have some okay normals (hard to tell this early on though).

Also the poison's really really great I think. Characters who play the range game have one major weakness in terms of playing their game: the second they're at the health disadvantage, they have to do something different to make a comeback happen. This unblockable slow poison projectile basically creates a situation where that never happens. If I'm at 1/4 health and you're at 3/4s and get hit by the poison, you need to do something to stop it. You need to make an effort to come back in or else it'll slowly nag away at you.

Obviously there are situations where this won't work the way I described (like 5 seconds left, I'm way down on health and you're almost at a perfect, you'll just eat the damage) but it creates a unique dynamic to allowing a range based character to continue playing their game at most given times.

Very excited!

At least you found a potential character for your tastes.

i'm also marveling at shadowloo architects that can make a statue of FANGs hat with that wide an arc.

or maybe Claw's Claws act as a support beam?

vulva

At least you found a potential character for your tastes.

I'm pretty excited. I was always up on this game and confident it would be great, but was worried about loving the game and not loving any characters. Obviously still a concern to some extent, but it's nice to know there's at least one character I can get excited over now.

Dat Yuan giving SNK a new lease on life.
I checked and I only had 66 posts in the last thread.

yeah, I think her stages along with Beowulf's are the ones I tend to pick the most.
The rooftop stage is great. The pigeons got little top hats on and it's the cutest!
But just when you think this is a fluffy waifu pandering game you're suddenly stuck somewhere between Fetus of God and Wrath's stomach and hoping to God Annie can save you.

hitsugi

Equalizer? More like the HURDUR of anime.

There's much worse. I say equalizer because it's possible to run a train on people without really digging deep into what some would call "execution barriers."

I've seen this sentiment before and I have to wonder...Why?

People don't like getting blown up by someone that requires relatively low execution which gets equated to brain-dead play. Leo is fun.

I think Sol is fun, too.. and Slayer, and Chipp. Millia, specifically, is not.

Just comes down to personal preferences.

Skilletor

People don't like getting blown up by someone that requires relatively low execution which gets equated to brain-dead play. Leo is fun.

I think Sol is fun, too.. and Slayer, and Chipp. Millia, specifically, is not.

Just comes down to personal preferences.

Oh? Eh. I think there's like 3-4 characters that are difficult to play in this game. Leo is easy, but so are a bunch of other characters. Xrd isn't a difficult game, imo, especially when compared to past GGs.

But thanks for the response. :)

PS. Millia is boring.

DunpealD

It's kinda funny on top of my head most memorable stages in the recent times are from 3D fighters:

Soul Edge/Blade:
The Narrow Gorge
Unknown Land

Soul Calibur:
Takamatsu Castle also got one of the most OST in Soul Calibur.

Tekken 5/DR:
Moonlight Wilderness also with awesome OST that comes with it.
The Playroom

SFIV:
The Boat(Morning Mist/Beatiful Bay).
Solar Eclipse

Rival Schools and Project justice had one or two intersting ones too. Like the sports domes.
In particular Project Justice the Ziggy Amusement Park, Seijyun Girls High courtyard and with special mention the Taiyo class room which had a ceiling, unlike other stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom