• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

Heads up to anyone like me who booked a Westgate Room yesterday and the "Signature" (renovated) rooms were sold out, give them a call and you can upgrade to a Signature for $20 a day. Based on what everyone was saying about the place last time it's probably worth it.

**Restaurant suggestions**

Thanks for those, notworksafe. I've only ever been to Vegas once and spent most of the time in one building. If anyone else has any other food suggestions keep em coming. Can't wait to make a food plan.

I've been debating with my friends whether it'll be better to check out of Westgate on Saturday or Sunday. Still undecided.

I'm of the same mind as StriKeVillain, but Westgate Th, Fr & Luxor Sat, Sun. This all hinges on being able to wake up Saturday, checkout & drop bags at the main Wesgate desk to hold for the day, and then move them to the Luxor during lunch or after the day's over. The Luxor was just too damn cheap to not stay on the strip two nights. Also, disclaimer, I'm a nobody in this scene I'm just along for the ride :) Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Decided against going to Evo due to the price but instead looks like me and a bunch of Scottish FGC are gonna attend CEO this year. Can't wait! Never been to a major tournament outside of my own country except England.

Gonna get the flights and hotel booked this week. Woot.

Back home. Izanami is...really weird. Spacing is really important in the neutral game, and not having a double jump makes things really awkward as you're instead in float state. Float state is pretty interesting. You can jump cancel your ground normals and input up twice to go into float state fast. You have access to ground normals which actually act as mid. I'm not sure if 6B overhead in float state counts as a high, but I'm guessing it does. The ability to do float state doesn't not follow the rules of when you can do a double jump. You can float after an air dash and you can float after a special it seems like.

When you start your blockstring in float, this is where you can either cancel a float for a high or go instead IAD into crossup j2C I'm guessing (still haven't tried converting). Canceling a float in neutral pops you up a bit. I found out if I TK 623B which is her barrier special, the special doesn't come out and I don't pop up either. Pretty neat, but I don't think 2A is a low, so no quick empty low.

Going over normals, she doesn't have typical 5A/2A gatlings. You can't 2AA. You can 5A 2A or 2A 5A, but you can't 5A 2A 5A. In her normal mode, C normals have followups (5CC, 6CC, etc). Her normals aren't huge or amazing. I do like 6A though. Good anti air and leaves you airborne for a bit which you can go into float. She also can gatling into 6B overhead with either 5A/5B/5C which is really nice.

5D switches modes for her. Can't block in it, but you can do projectiles with a direction plus D. I didn't mess with this much, but I might see some oki possibility. Should try using it more in neutral.

Her 720A time stop super isn't practical. Startup is like 10 seconds long or something. She has another time stop super iirc that's a command grab, that gets more use. Time freezes and you can start hitting them as much as you can. Time stop freezes OD timer as well.

Her barrier special is really nice. Might be more helpful when zoning in some matchups. Her zoning is interesting. Jedah wheel is really cool but I need to find a suitable knockdown to go into it. Sometimes it just combos into it so I'll have to look into it. j2C, the Jedah j.HK, is cool just because I really like Jedah. Stops your momentum for a bit so it functions similarly. I'd say it's a bit more floaty than Jedah's. And since she doesn't have that Jedah/Izayoi dash, I'm thinking about using it more for IAD float cancel crossups. You can hold down j2C to increase the duration of the move, so maybe this allows you to combo from that height.

I won't go into the other specials much. They're either combo filler or moves I don't really know much about yet. I'll mess with her on Friday a bit more. Do training mode when it's nice and quiet. She's pretty neat overall. Izanami's a nice addition to the roster in playstyle much like all the CF characters. Her neutral might be a lot more fun than Nine to me (so far), and I'm interested in what gets figured out.
Thanks for all that.

I think it's funny that ASW is going villain gung-ho now, when the game has been so sparse with them thus far.

Thanks for those, notworksafe. I've only ever been to Vegas once and spent most of the time in one building. If anyone else has any other food suggestions keep em coming. Can't wait to make a food plan.
let me just say this again, BORDER GRILL BRUNCH (Caesar's palace forums. Cant remember where the other location is)

Zissou

wtfbzq0b.png

dafuq

ShinMaruku

Ogawa's shit is tame compared to some other suspects but let's not talk about them. And yes Cammy and Karin will slap your shit up like beavers. :E

You guys are too into making characters out of people in here. We're crazy enough without needing to manufacture it. :3
Cammy and Karin also build dams.
We should fight again some time. I want to improve my Tenrai-Ha game against the low crouching characters of VSav and Fish isn't exactly a common match up these days. We should also play 3S if you're into that. I'm all hyped thanks to watching some good Alex play during the Coop cup.

petghost

Banned
You guys are too into making characters out of people in here. We're crazy enough without needing to manufacture it. :3

We should fight again some time. I want to improve my Tenrai-Ha game against the low crouching characters of VSav and Fish isn't exactly a common match up these days. We should also play 3S if you're into that. I'm all hyped thanks to watching some good Alex play during the Coop cup.

Yeah man I'd love to. Fighting lei lei is really fun she has so many tools. I'm ass at 3s but wanna learn that too. Genki Alex is ridiculous.

Beckx

@serkantoto
Bandai Namco is currently developing several NX titles. Smash Bros is planned to be a launch title. I am not sure about the date - yet ;).

most interesting NX news yet. I would have assumed Smash was years away, but this may be panic mode Nintendo.

wonder if it's a port of Smash 4 or a new game.

Hypothesis:
Smash 4 had a LOT of rumors that didn't pan out, but had good evidence behind them. Shovel Knight, Professor Layton, etc.

A lot of folks expected them for Smash 4 DLC. What if Smash NX is a Smash 4 port with these new characters added in?

Beckx

Hypothesis:
Smash 4 had a LOT of rumors that didn't pan out, but had good evidence behind them. Shovel Knight, Professor Layton, etc.

A lot of folks expected them for Smash 4 DLC. What if Smash NX is a Smash 4 port with these new characters added in?

Maybe new characters, new single player modes, etc. etc.? Return of Ice Climbers since it would presumably not have to be chained to the 3DS?

Was Tekken 7 FR announced as PS4 exclusive? Because otherwise that also makes sense.

Hard to speculate anything without even knowing what the NX even is.

If they are doing Smash, it'd have to be a Smash 4 CE, unless the NX is even further away than we originally thought.

Nightii

Banned
Super Smash Fighter: the whole Smash roster inside a traditional fighting game engine.

EVO 2017 will feature 4 Nintendo games kappa.

Maybe new characters, new single player modes, etc. etc.? Return of Ice Climbers since it would presumably not have to be chained to the 3DS?

Was Tekken 7 FR announced as PS4 exclusive? Because otherwise that also makes sense.
I think both T7 and SFV have been hush-hush about the NX. I actually wouldn't be entirely surprised if the SFV went to NX, given Sony's attitude toward Nintendo. Not saying it's likely, just that it's not impossible.

I'm sure there'll be more content, but Smash 4 single player content has been garbage for 2 games now, so I'm not holding my breath. The thing is, it's probably the only fighting game where you could create a wide assortment of hilarious and fun minigames for the family, but Sakurai just doesn't do it.

Beckx

SRK found some fang footage from Capcom japan.

Smash 4 single player content has been garbage for 2 games now, so I'm not holding my breath.

Best non-standard mode in Smash 4 was kept 3DS exclusive. I love Smash Run for killing time.

A SFV version for NX would be wild. Especially if it launches first as a handheld.

Man NX rumors are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom