• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both T7 and SFV have been hush-hush about the NX. I actually wouldn't be entirely surprised if the SFV went to NX, given Sony's attitude toward Nintendo. Not saying it's likely, just that it's not impossible.

I'm sure there'll be more content, but Smash 4 single player content has been garbage for 2 games now, so I'm not holding my breath. The thing is, it's probably the only fighting game where you could create a wide assortment of hilarious and fun minigames for the family, but Sakurai just doesn't do it.

I don't think SFV will go to NX unless they can work out cross-platform play. Capcom have always been adamant that they wanted cross-platform from the start so they don't split the online community.

I could be totally wrong though.

SRK found some fang footage from Capcom japan.

Best non-standard mode in Smash 4 was kept 3DS exclusive. I love Smash Run for killing time.

A SFV version for NX would be wild. Especially if it launches first as a handheld.

Man NX rumors are all over the place.
Smash Run online would be amazing, especially if you could choose the end event.

Also, you could do:
Smash-a-mole. (something about whacking stuff in the air for points vs. others)
Smashball. (like dodgeball, but Smash)
Mario 3 vs. Mode Smash (only die to the dudes that walk around)

That's just off the top of my head, and I bet kids would love it.

pixelish

attn: juicebox

looking at your recent tweets on how you should produce sfv content online, i suggest you to take a look at thewarowl. he's like the most popular guru for csgo as many beginner/intermediate players look up to him for tips & tricks. most of his videos are self-contained in that each video talks about one specific topic like weapons tips, map guides, tactics, replay reviews and etc.

so i think it's a good idea to focus your attention in producing post-produced content on your youtube channel and perhaps be the sfv version of thewarowl. i think it's helpful for new and returning players to have short videos on specific topics like footsies, mixups, matchup tips instead of covering an entire character in one video. you can still use twitch but maybe only for your own personal stream and occasional replay reviews because not many people would go to the twitch archives to browse videos since it's not as good as youtube.

anyway, this is just my feedback on how you can deliver content for sfv online. if you think this is all crap, it's fine.

Yeah man I'd love to. Fighting lei lei is really fun she has so many tools. I'm ass at 3s but wanna learn that too. Genki Alex is ridiculous.
Sakurada is a pretty cool guy that ain't scared of anything either.

https://youtu.be/uEAnIVKnFCw?t=1m53s

https://youtu.be/uEAnIVKnFCw?t=7m22s

https://youtu.be/uEAnIVKnFCw?t=15m2s
Hypothesis:
Smash 4 had a LOT of rumors that didn't pan out, but had good evidence behind them. Shovel Knight, Professor Layton, etc.

A lot of folks expected them for Smash 4 DLC. What if Smash NX is a Smash 4 port with these new characters added in?
It'd be a great selling point if they added new characters and brought back some oldies like the Ice Climbers and Pokemon trainer (Ivysaur was the fun).
Super Smash Fighter: the whole Smash roster inside a traditional fighting game engine.

EVO 2017 will feature 4 Nintendo games kappa.
Smash NX collection with all four fighters remastered.

One disc to rule them all.

Dahbomb

I mean not as strong as PS4/XB1.

Like if it's in some weird place where it's more powerful than Wii U but less than the other consoles. Like if they port SFV on it and it has frame rate issues and stuff.

Dahbomb

Can you imagine how salty folks would be if the next Mahvel was actually Nintendo vs. Capcom? It would be glorious.
If it's on the VS engine then that would be cool. I would prefer to get Capcom VS game because then Capcom isn't beholden to Nintendo on making changes to characters.

Because I already own it? Why would I want to buy it again for a new system? Being on a new system doesn't benefit me or anyone else that already has the game in any way.
You don't have to buy it for the new system. You can keep playing it on the old one. /shrug

Obviously, there will be new content. This is Sakurai. He wouldn't be happy with just a straight port.

Maybe new characters, new single player modes, etc. etc.? Return of Ice Climbers since it would presumably not have to be chained to the 3DS?

Was Tekken 7 FR announced as PS4 exclusive? Because otherwise that also makes sense.

All we know is that its coming out for the PS4 with Exclusive content.

Clawww

smash vs capcom plzz

just give magnetos moveset to mewtwo or whatever and get this party started

Damn everyone I know who plays Street Fighter in Upstate already has SFV in one way or another. Leaky boat over there at Capcom.

oh shit.. haven't heard of anything downstate but I'm not illuminati

CO_Andy

If it's on the VS engine then that would be cool. I would prefer to get Capcom VS game because then Capcom isn't beholden to Nintendo on making changes to characters.
If Capcom needs a license that's comparable to Marvel then Nintendo's a good choice. No need to take it from behind by a bratty company.

attn: juicebox

so i think it's a good idea to focus your attention in producing post-produced content on your youtube channel and perhaps be the sfv version of thewarowl. i think it's helpful for new and returning players to have short videos on specific topics like footsies, mixups, matchup tips instead of covering an entire character in one video.

This is more or less where I'm headed. I wouldn't expect people to casually browse a specific twitch archive. The issue is post-production. I have zero video-editing knowledge, little time, and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to find someone who wants to do it for free.

My plan in the interim is to have a planned segment on my stream (for example, the neutral game in Ken vs Karin) then cut it out and youtube it.

Regarding Izanami in BBCF...

I just found out that she has TWO command grabs. One being the time stop command grab super(which I thought costs 100 meter, but it only costs 50 meter and is a double fireball motion!), and the other being a command grab which apparently drains the opponent's health and barrier meter.

I might just have to main this girly.

Clawww

This is more or less where I'm headed. I wouldn't expect people to casually browse a specific twitch archive. The issue is post-production. I have zero video-editing knowledge, little time, and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to find someone who wants to do it for free.

My plan in the interim is to have a planned segment on my stream (for example, the neutral game in Ken vs Karin) then cut it out and youtube it.

I think your vids of that nature for yata were really solid and helpful. If you can stay on track and focused while streaming, cutting and uploading should work fine. you don't need much fancy editing. renic also uploaded tutorials that were cut from streams which were pretty nice to watch and quite helpful. one thing with editing though is that you can capture tricky stuff without wasting time on failed execution or setting up the dummey, etc. but at the same time, those moments leave some nice room in the video for some interesting/nuanced/candid commentary about what's going on.

Dahbomb

If Capcom needs a license that's comparable to Marvel then Nintendo's a good choice. No need to take it from behind by a bratty company.
Capcom should stay away from licenses for a while and work on strengthening their IPs. They have a gold mine of IPs but most have been stagnant and out of the minds of current players.

You mean Capcom Fighting Jam? Or the unreleased Capcom All Stars fighter?

I'm halfway tempted to say that they don't count. An actual new Capcom All-Stars has the potential to be great, should it actually come to pass.
Capcom fighting evolution happened, it's an All Star Game, it flopped. How are you going to sell a concept that failed criticality and commercially to Capcom?

Capcom fighting evolution happened, it's an All Star Game, it flopped. How are you going to sell a concept that failed criticality and commercially to Capcom?
It was a garbage tier mish-mash of existing sprites with small adjustments. It's obvious why it failed.

Marvel-style gameplay will rope people in.

Dahbomb

We had this game and it sucked that's why.
That's not what people want and that game used a very limited amount of Capcom IPs (just Red Earth and VS) with just SF characters and playing basically like a SF game. That game was a blatant lazy effort and everyone could see through it.

People want MVC2/3 game play style only replacing the Marvel side with Capcom characters. That means keep the Dante, Chris, Wesker, Phoenix Wright, Strider and add in Megaman, Gene, Captain Commando, Asura etc.

Basically a VS game replacement that retains the game play structure but isn't beholden to whims of other companies. It would be like Capcom's Smash Bros only using the VS game play structure.

BadWolf

seems like a console manufacturer has to pay to get Capcom to make anything outside of Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

I'm sure Sony would be happy to help with this one too.

I'm halfway tempted to say that they don't count. An actual new Capcom All-Stars has the potential to be great, should it actually come to pass.

Definitely, they can use the MVC style gameplay and that already will have a good numbers of players looking forward to it. Capcom fans in general will dig it too since Capcom has so many great IPs and characters across many genres.

Because I already own it? Why would I want to buy it again for a new system? Being on a new system doesn't benefit me or anyone else that already has the game in any way.
There isn't a nice way to say this. Nintendo tried to get people on board with the Wii U, but it just didn't happen. Giving the people still interested in Wii U titles a chance to play them is a good thing.
Can you imagine how salty folks would be if the next Mahvel was actually Nintendo vs. Capcom? It would be glorious.
Too salty

They need to take care of their own IP and fans before doing crossovers and sharing profits.
I mean not as strong as PS4/XB1.

Like if it's in some weird place where it's more powerful than Wii U but less than the other consoles. Like if they port SFV on it and it has frame rate issues and stuff.
There will probably be a catch no matter where it sits on the power spectrum. If ports suck it's also on third parties and not Nintendo, especially when it comes to fighting games where 60FPS is THE requirement.
Capcom should stay away from licenses for a while and work on strengthening their IPs. They have a gold mine of IPs but most have been stagnant and out of the minds of current players.
Yeah, it's time for those IP to come back even if only as part of a Capcom versus fighter.
Capcom just needs to make a Capcom All Stars, they have plenty of their own great characters.
A nice starting roster of thirty with custom assists would make for a great versus game. Six character updates a year alongside cinematic single player updates like SFV practically sells itself. All Capcom has to do is not blow their load with the major IP so they can have some enticing DLC to sell. DMC, RE, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Onimusha, Megaman, Lost Planet, Mega Man, Dragon's Dogma and Dead Rising would offer plenty of DLC material. This doesn't even include the older IP that would draw in old or lapsed fans.

CapGod pls
That's not what people want and that game used a very limited amount of Capcom IPs (just Red Earth and VS) with just SF characters and playing basically like a SF game. That game was a blatant lazy effort and everyone could see through it.

People want MVC2/3 game play style only replacing the Marvel side with Capcom characters. That means keep the Dante, Chris, Wesker, Phoenix Wright, Strider and add in Megaman, Gene, Captain Commando, Asura etc.

Basically a VS game replacement that retains the game play structure but isn't beholden to whims of other companies. It would be like Capcom's Smash Bros only using the VS game play structure.
Yep

An all Capcom versus style game with just 40 slots would already have the greatest Capcom roster in a fighter ever. The potential is mind numbing.

You're not looking at it like a business man. You have zero proof numbers wise that such a game will sell. Tatsunoko sold far far less than Marvel 3. More proof that your idea isn't worth the investment of time and money.

You're not looking at it like a business man. You have zero proof numbers wise that such a game will sell. Tatsunoko sold far far less than Marvel 3. More proof that your idea isn't worth the investment of time and money.

Perhaps not.

There is the possibility that such a fighting game could be a vanity project. The games of Platinum Games don't sell particularly well, yet Activision signed them for three games.

Sometimes developers just need to make a fangasm game, sales be damned.

BadWolf

An all Capcom versus style game with just 40 slots would already have the greatest Capcom roster in a fighter ever. The potential is mind numbing.

Seriously.

Guess not making it exclusive to a Nintendo console would be a good start.

The words "Tatsunoko", "Wii" and "Sales" should in no way shape or form serve as a standard, plan or guiding post for future Capcom fighter sales. Capcom would be better off using Skullgirls and KOF XIII for market research purposes lmao.
A core game sold poorly on the Wii? Say it ain't so.
Especially with the rival brand being Tatsunoko. I saw some of the characters before the game came out, but did not have the slightest clue what the brand or company even was. Not a very good example of what American gamers might be receptive to in a fighting game.

Dahbomb

First of all, it's not my job to look at it from a businessman point of view.

I have 0 numbers to support this but neither do you because quite frankly such a game has not been attempted yet properly.

Tvc sold far less than MVC3 because it was exclusive on Wii and used characters that most of the West isn't familiar with. If that game was on the high end consoles/PC and featured DMC and RE characters it would've done a lot better.

If Capcom put a reasonable effort into a Capcom VS game with a solid roster then they can sell 2 million copies (assuming it comes on all major platforms). Capcom made a half assed effort with SFxT and almost cleared that much. However, we aren't in 2005 and not even SFV is looking to make almost all of its money from month one sales. Continued DLC support is going to be what keeps a game like this afloat and there are a lot of characters/costumes they can sell for a game like this.

Capcom brands Vergil so heavily in DMC that the character has always been paid DLC/update to play and the fans always buy that (and why they keep doing it). Similar to a Capcom VS game they can put out a character like Wesker/Vergil as DLC and people would buy that.

Dahbomb

Do you think it would matter SFV were exclusive on a Nintendo console instead of a Sony Console?
Yes it would. What kind of question is that? This has to be a devil's advocate question.

It's not that it's exclusive to a Sony console, it's that it's exclusive to PS4 versus being exclusive to Wii U. Far less Wii Us out there than PS4. 3rd party games tend to do worse on Nintendo consoles anyway, that's how it has been since the GameCube era. It's why TvC was a flop, if it was a PS3 exclusive it would've done better (not by that much but still reasonably so).

Right now based on how the market is panning out... if Capcom were forced to partner up with one of the 3 consoles to make their game on due to cost problems... then they picked the best option. Of course the actual best option is to put it out on as many consoles as possible but if you need the money hats then for them Sony was the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom