• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that Bison stuff doesn't seem that scary considering you have to spend bar to do it. Especially since Bison would also have to guess between immediate or late throw tech too. Not super familiar with Bison's frames yet but if I'm reading it right, there's a 5-frame gap between cr.lp and st.hk? So you can just mash jab between the lp and the hk? Might be better to do like, jab, then staggered jab or mk or lk or something and confirm into a counterhit combo. Or the shimmy to punish the throw whiff. If Bison's slow ass can even do that. I guess the rh is probably good against late throw tech.

I mean it's a useful tool that will be a good idea for Bison players to use sometimes but it's not like super crazy or anything. Ain't really scared of that shit.
Yeah, I think it has a high scare factor, but it isn't objectively strong. I think this is especially true because DPs still beat the setup. If Bison had an overhead via df.HP, I think this setup would be a really strong mixup.

The thing about Bison is there's no reason to not block after a jab. His walk speed is too slow to tick throw. If he's right in your face, he has 1 tick throw opportunity.

vulva

tbh I believe markman when he says he wanted to take the time to be there for his daughter more when she needs him during her high school. Probably coincided with how things are going for the company, but it seems like the right move even beyond how poorly the company's doing.

Bizazedo

tbh I believe markman when he says he wanted to take the time to be there for his daughter more when she needs him during her high school. Probably coincided with how things are going for the company, but it seems like the right move even beyond how poorly the company's doing.

Probably, but that answer is boring :).

Skilletor

But there's no drama in that. Fgc needs drama.

vulva

I mean, dude's been on the road for years and not able to spend time with his loved ones as much as he might have wanted/needed to. I think family should definitely come first and it sounds like he's made that right call.

kirblar

Mark Julio (マークマン) liked your Tweet
1h: @ultradavid Saw that coming. (Glad MarkMan appears to have to.)
"Spend more time w/ my family" is generic resignation code and means nothing. It's what literally every DC official says when they step down and don't have another gig lined up.

Seems likely he's working with the Tekken crew after the MCZ stuff is over.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Kreygasm

In better news, someone fixed the SFV trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoS0C_lnC_0

Indestructible somehow made this better.

I bought one of these. The D-pad died within 6 months. Buy this instead: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

Why didn't they put in a headphone jack? Regardless, I'm buying this.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
"Spend more time w/ my family" is generic resignation code and means nothing. It's what literally every DC official says when they step down and don't have another gig lined up.

Seems likely he's working with the Tekken crew after the MCZ stuff is over.

I really am going to spend more time with my family. I'm a single father. I don't have anyone else, so yeah. That's it.

Please drop off your speculation hat at the nearest recycle bin. :)

EDIT: Also, I will always work with TEKKEN.

Skilletor

I really am going to spend more time with my family. I'm a single father. I don't have anyone else, so yeah. That's it.

You do you, man. I will always appreciate what you've done and brought to this community. I can't imagine how proud you must feel when you go to EVO and see so many people using a product you had such influence over.

Much respect.

MrDaravon

<3

You and Harada should form a tag team

K.Sabot

patSOma.png

Slowly, we're all finding out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I didn't like invul backdashes in SFXT though :(

Made it annoying having to chase them into the other corner on some matchups. lol
True, but the rush down typically was good enough to keep up with it. Though Julia's was hilariously good.

Focus attack in general is a bad mechanic to be universal and it being gone changes things up for the better. Sf5 could still have invicicble back dashes and it would still feel like a better footsie game than sf4 by a mile xD

oh, so the extreme rollback on some matches was an issue with the netcode? I assumed it was just because the beta was ignoring my "5 bars only" setting and matching me up with people from other continents.

If the retail game is the same unplayable laggy mess 1 out of 5 games like it was in the beta, I'd be really disappointed.

Just find the thing you enjoy about the game and focus on that. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, what's most important is that you enjoy yourself and have fun.

JeTmAn81

Man, I am really bad at fighting games.
But I want to get into 5.

I know i'm just going to get slaughtered online though

You'll always get slaughtered online, but it will get worse as the game gets older. Getting in on day one or earlier for a game is the best time to play. I remember beginning Marvel 3 and being so bad (not that I'm good now). My idea of a mixup for Dante was teleport -> helm breaker. And it worked. Everyone else was bad too. Try to play Marvel online nowadays...yikes. Everyone's had five years of practice. So don't be intimidated when starting a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom