• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I learned that EX Spiral Arrow has projectile invincibility. -_-

Also, why did Cammy's moves lose the "Cannon" nomenclature? I liked Cannon Drill in SFII.

Releasing Early Access

dang, you're still just a kid, I thought you were older.
All in due time.

Skilletor

Yesterday, I learned that EX Spiral Arrow has projectile invincibility. -_-

Also, why did Cammy's moves lose the "Cannon" nomenclature? I liked Cannon Drill in SFII.

All in due time.

I think it was always spiral arrow in japan and changed for america. I think the phrasing lined up around alpha 3 or cvs2.

There was pretty much 0% bullshit posted.

Should probably read it first before saying this

Saying that ST fundamentals are good is only what casuals say is bullshit. Saying that ST was never popular is also bullshit. There was plenty of bs. Don't kid yourself.

"Chun is whack in ST" - QisTopTier

That's not bullshit either?

No spectator mode, we vanilla MvC3? That makes me think lobbies won't be available at launch.
My hypothesis is that they want you to be able to do a full player search for spectating. You can have a list of "favorite" players, and it shows which ones are active for spectating. It would fit with how their other features are running.

NEO0MJ

So it seems some shops have already started selling SF V. I'd go hunting for it but I'm probably sticking with the Steam version in order to maintain my progress. Don't know why they didn't offer cross-save, seems like such a missed opportunity.

So someone on r/StreetFighter got their hands on a copy of Street Fighter V and LOBBIES ARE IN THE GAME. Can't believe there was even doubt.

Apparently there's a ft3,ft5 and ft10 format available.

Source.

Are the lobbies multiplay, though?

Not entirely sure. I'm assuming there are.

The same dude posted some comments on that reddit thread :

"Didn't feel anything different from the beta.

Fang looks fun, and his poison will be a pain in the ass to deal with.

You can unlock colors by clearing the survival.

There's a 4 difficulty levels in the survival mode: easy, medium, hard, infernal

There are lobbies

No tournaments [yet]

No team tournaments [yet]

You can choose ft1, ft2, ft3, ft5, or ft10 format for your lobby

You can deactivate character selection when creating a lobby, meaning you can force people to use the character they set in the profile.

You can look for ranked or casual matches but I don't know if you get a result list or if you are dropped in the directly

CPN is similar to the beta.

Challenges were disabled in our test version."

Do bear in mind that there will be a 5.9 GB day 1 patch so a lot of things will be different and added then.

So someone on r/StreetFighter got their hands on a copy of Street Fighter V and LOBBIES ARE IN THE GAME. Can't believe there was even doubt.

Apparently there's a ft3,ft5 and ft10 format available.

Source.

That ftX format might be neat to stream grudge matches

I think it was always spiral arrow in japan and changed for america. I think the phrasing lined up around alpha 3 or cvs2.

is that the same reason Deej didn't say Max Out in IV?

Wow so now I have my 2 ps3 and 1 ps4 sticks I can use for SF5?

I am liking Overwatch but I feel like its about having at least one or two people working together to make the game fun. Zen can't do it by himself.

edit; WTH, no spectator mode in lobbies?! That ruined MvC3
edit2; oh on release day its coming? okay, whew.

pizzacat

Banned
Wow so now I have my 2 ps3 and 1 ps4 sticks I can use for SF5?

I am liking Overwatch but I feel like its about having at least one or two people working together to make the game fun. Zen can't do it by himself.

edit; WTH, no spectator mode in lobbies?! That ruined MvC3
You need to play some soldier 76, he's a one man army

pizzacat

Banned
Now if that lobby mode has a practice mode to it then I'm there all day I can wait for spectate but lol I'm not going to stare at people's profile cards bouncing around

fuck waiting in lobbies, 1v1 till the end of time

My favorite is talking over my friend's matches.

hit me w/ your blizz info, mini. i usually play in groups of 3+ with friends and can toss you an invite if i see you on.
Okay, I need to find my info. I have the beta.

You need to play some soldier 76, he's a one man army
He seems pretty solid but not great at everything. That one fast girl with two guns is a nightmare.

Btw, has there been any announcement on the level of access for DLC characters you don't own?

Obviously I won't be able to select them for any single player mode or pick them online but what about training? Can I still get matched up with people that use that character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom