• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Are they trying to squeeze into fiscal year or has their fiscal year already ended?
They could have delayed the game a month and still fit into the same fiscal year while launching with challenge mode and spectating, but seems like the start of CPT is where they drew the line.

Btw, has there been any announcement on the level of access for DLC characters you don't own?

Obviously I won't be able to select them for any single player mode or pick them online but what about training? Can I still get matched up with people that use that character?

I am sure your version of the game will be forced to update with all the latest content and you can get all the beatings you want from the DLC characters.

But you probably won't ever be able to select them your self in anyway until you get them.

BadWolf

They could have delayed the game a month and still fit into the same fiscal year while launching with challenge mode and spectating, but seems like the start of CPT is where they drew the line.

I'd rather be playing the game for a month and wait for those features to be added than a delay.

I am sure your version of the game will be forced to update with all the latest content and you can get all the beatings you want from the DLC characters.

But you probably won't ever be able to select them your self in anyway until you get them.

If we can select them at least in training mode even just on P2 side, then I only get enough FM for Guile and live a happy life.

Otherwise I'm going to have to spring for the Season Pass.

From what I heard : no rematch button on versus offline, no button check on select screen and no VS CPU mode. Learned a lot of other things but can't talk, NDA. I don't know who was joking about bare bones fighting 5 but it might not be a joke after all.

Nyoro SF

From what I heard : no rematch button on versus offline, no button check on select screen and no VS CPU mode. Learned a lot of other things but can't talk, NDA. I don't know who was joking about bare bones fighting 5 but it might not be a joke after all.

uh

WHAT

no rematch button is a huge deal

Maybe it's an engine limitation with load times, but atleast have the button

well.. I mean.. at least the game doesn't have focus attacks amirite?

TheChits

QoqOby7.gif

tariniel

It's kind of fucked how much is missing out of the game, honestly with all of the silence about lobbies I half expected there to be no lobby functionality at all, so at least I was wrong on that count.

I don't play offline much at all (might change since I learned I live about 15mins away from Wednesday Night Fights), so the rematch button missing doesn't bother me that much. But the no spectating thing is pretty killer. I like to join lobbies with streamers and now I wont even be able to see the match at all unless either I or the streamer are in the match. That's pretty balls.

I'm still excited though, like others were saying I'd rather have it in this state than suffer a delay. The hype is too damn high.

Mizerman

well.. I mean.. at least the game doesn't have focus attacks amirite?

Yes.

I'm dead serious about that, by the way.

Vs CPU kinda hurts seeing as sometimes I just want to beat the crap out of the computer.

Still, I'll take it.

Nyoro SF

All those jokes about ASW and Lab Zero doing ten times the work of Capcom with 1/10 of the staff count suddenly feels all too real

ShinMaruku

This is the price of esports and Capcom. :p
Blame Mike Ross and Valle and others who want the game to be esports. Also blame Capcom for being nutters.
vfGq7qG.png

Tektur

Neo Member

Weird, they had a rematch button on the WSO sessions couple of weeks ago, would be a bizarre decision to remove it, unless i'm misunderstanding something

https://youtu.be/79PsBMAcEnI?t=21m53s

they're seriously releasing this shit like 60% complete lol

truly the 5th beta

Well, this is what happens when when Devs can add updates and what not rather than having complete products at launch. Conversely, we are probably getting it earlier than if we had waiting for a more complete package. Hopefully all of the missing features get added soon (and for free).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just like SFIV, GAF will have it's own SFV Mega team tournament but oops no spectator mode.

Is it true PS3 sticks works? Time to bust out the Hello Kitty.

lmao, imagine if u buy the game and it just updates the Beta launcher once again

Saving you time and bandwidth? Far too clever for Capcom.

Weird, they had a rematch button on the WSO sessions couple of weeks ago, would be a bizarre decision to remove it, unless i'm misunderstanding something

https://youtu.be/79PsBMAcEnI?t=21m53s
Right, this isn't an engine limitation. Since you can switch between rounds during replays, and in training mode it resets status without any issues. It would have to be something really weird.

CurlyW

So (allegedly) Capcom releases the game earlier than desired so it can be out in time for their competitive tournament series, and in doing so leaves out two features that are incredibly important to the competitive scene.

*Plays Alanis Morissette*

Skilletor

It's not going to really affect anyone other than PXG streams and the likes.

With the load times in SF5, this affects everybody that wants to play the game locally, lol.

Edit: wait, yeah, it's definitely in earlier builds...so, calling bs on that particularly rumor.

is that the same reason Deej didn't say Max Out in IV?

I can't recall what he says in JP ST, but in A3 console versions he just says, "Slash" or maybe "flash."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom