• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

The average layman can't give themselves a physical examination, accurately record findings and then diagnose themselves through the Internet. Even if the diagnosis is accurate, they can't prescribe themselves the treatment so it's usually a futile effort.

Many cancers are also near impossible to diagnose without a biopsy. And just because they are benign now doesn't mean they can't become malignant later on.

In the case of a melanoma, even if it's malignant it can be treated effectively with surgery if detected early enough. As far as cancers go you can be dealt a much worse hand. So no need to get too worried about this, just get an appointment to a dermatologist (not your general physician/family doctor because they will just refer you anyway).

Yeah, my dad actually had all kinds of stuff on his skin. Years of working around chemicals for the railroad led to some stuff like melanoma. They just froze it off. Been years and years and he's had nothing since.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sounds like Henry Cen found a new store. He said he wants it to be more esports.

image.php

You finally switched to best girl

Rhapsody

Banned
Both girls are good. Show is boring though.

I've only seen half of what aired. But with how the manga is and trying to make it 20+ mins each week, I can see that.
The pacing's not really suited for that, imo.
Kinda crazy that Henry Cen already found his new store, and Watson can't open his own in Azusa.

Depends on "found". Watson "found" his too. Need to see if things go smoothly for Cen.

Edit: I haven't been following the situation on that though. If everything is in the clear, then that's really great news.

Zissou

Who do you play as. Funny thing is that all the grapplers have been giving me trouble. It's really weird because normally you expect zoning to win out against grapplers in most games, but the high damage difference between the characters and the fact that he basically is throwable out of both V-Reversal and his reversal sort of make it crappy for him when he is on defense. Though you shouldn't really V-reversal lights, it seems a lot of people have meaty setups and what not. He can keep them out, but it takes 1 momentum swing to basically lose. If you let the poison run, it actually only does 1 jab worth of damage, which is around 50 pts. And if you hit him when a mine is out, it goes away, so if you think you can trade, go for it.

I read UltraDavid's thoughts on his matchups on SRK and he basically either has Fang going even with some of the cast, then losing 9 of the matchups. And thinking about it, there is no matchup I have played so far that I think he has a clear advantage in. I do feel I can tag Bison out of the air with up fireballs and the mine can stop scissor kick pressure, but on defense he can frame trap Fang a lot, since Fang has a 4 frame jab, and the damage Bison deals is a lot.

Another thing I have been feeling out has I have been learning Fang on the side is that even though his st.HK is positive +1 on block, I think if you have a 3 frame jab, you should just throw it out and keep throwing it out. Because he will be close to you, and if you trade with the first jab, and you can throw out another jab before his becomes active. Fang has no invincible attack to blow that kind of thing up, so HK frame trapping is a farce for him imo.

I don't want to fall in the trap into "every character you play sucks". I've been feeling really binary in the sets I play as Fang. As in I can do the poison setup over and over against some people, against others it feels like playing keep away and defense is real hard.

Have you got a link to the UltraDavid thing?

I play Chun- so it's kind of embarrassing to ask as people are going to be all "How can you have trouble as Chun?!" For whatever reason, Fang is the one match-up where I'm kind of lost. I think I'm going to learn him a bit just wrap my head around his stuff properly.

Have you got a link to the UltraDavid thing?

I play Chun- so it's kind of embarrassing to ask as people are going to be all "How can you have trouble as Chun?!" For whatever reason, Fang is the one match-up where I'm kind of lost. I think I'm going to learn him a bit just wrap my head around his stuff properly.

He gives a brief write-up here. It's not extensive and will change with time, but I generally do agree with a good amount of his thoughts since have been challenging people to sets to get a feel for the matchups just to see how Fang fares. (Though the I do feel bad I got swept by SixFortyFive's Mika. I never fought a Mika that actually had mixups, so it felt like I didn't even go at the matchup properly). I did feel okay against Birdie since he really can't do much full screen, but if he takes 2 steps forward, the chain becomes a threat and he can almost chain you on reaction. Shouta said he was getting more comfortable with the Birdie-Fang matchup as we played more, so I do think it can change over time.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207441/f-a-n-g-match-ups-thread/p2

If you got a lead on Fang, he actually has not a lot of ways to crack someone open. Poison is really slow to work and the chip from poison balls isn't much. He can ex slide after throwing poison or vice versa to force a left right, but you have to be at the right range to really trick the opponent. He does have an instant overhead but if it's on a shorter character he needs to get the fuzzy guard to land the j.mk (not 100% sure if it's needed but I missed it a decent amount), even then it's mostly just to get some slight damage in, it's not like you got a combo opening.

As Chun try to IA Legs over the poison mist. You might trade with the cr.HP if the Fang is in the right place, but if you hit him, the poison trap goes away. If the Fang is trying to force a trade with poison balls at a mid-close range, like Hidden Missiles, if you can grab him you avoid it, or if you sweep him before getting hit, he really can't capitalize since he has to recover. Also I know I do this, and it seems every Fang I watch even high level ones want to do this but wake up CA to escape stuff is pretty common. Not a lot of people really punish it, it's invincible on startup and it can get us out of corners. Also it can crossup, so be aware, though it won't really combo you if it does tag you 1 time. Fangs also like to sweep because they can try to get a setup off it, even watching SonicFox and World_Combo (Highest ranked Fang I think. Last I checked rank 6) like to try to get sweeps, though if you watch for it, you can punish it since it is quite negative.

edit: We can try to play a set tomorrow. It's kind of late for me to play atm. CFN SixMachine.

Shouta

Birdie vs Fang is pretty good for Birdie because he can do things to Fang at near full screen making his zoning a lot harder to maintain. One bad set of poison balls and you're instantly back in Birdie's danger zone because of LK chain. As the match-up evolves, I fully expect Fangs to go on the offensive and play more in the mid to long range to make use of his normals and then occasionally going in with a mix-up as necessary.

Birdie vs Fang is pretty good for Birdie because he can do things to Fang at near full screen making his zoning a lot harder to maintain. One bad set of poison balls and you're instantly back in Birdie's danger zone because of LK chain. As the match-up evolves, I fully expect Fangs to go on the offensive and play more in the mid to long range to make use of his normals and then occasionally going in with a mix-up as necessary.

Yea, I'm always surprised at how far chain goes, since a few steps makes or breaks zoning between the two characters. When you throw a chain, was it predictive or were you reacting to poison balls coming out? The chain is an example of a momentum change, it put me right next to you, and it seemed you did a meaty overhead or a mixup when you landed a chain. I did feel that the damage from trying to keep Birdie out, paled in comparison to moving on in, mostly because since the high health made poison damage seem like a nuisance

I am going to enjoy watching high level Karins I see

OG Shine's Karin was doing some pretty sick stuff that GF but Arturo got him in the end

I'm kinda starting to like this game less the more I play it. I just don't really care for any of the characters anymore besides the one I can't play and just don't have fun with playing other characters like in 3 and 4.

I think I might be done with V for a while. Or at least until the March patch and Alex.

Dahbomb

FChamp Top 13 UMvC3 in order:

Chris G
Fchamp
Justin Wong
KBR
Cloud805
Rayray
Apologyman
GoldenboyNeo
DualKevin
Cosmos
Bee
Flux
CoachSteve
Sounds about right to be honest, I am assuming this isn't in order. I think the only odd one out right now is CoachSteve mostly because he hasn't performed that well lately, I would replace that slot with Full Schedule. Clockwork and Unknown are up there too to round out the top 15.

Sounds about right to be honest, I am assuming this isn't in order. I think the only odd one out right now is CoachSteve mostly because he hasn't performed that well lately, I would replace that slot with Full Schedule. Clockwork and Unknown are up there too to round out the top 15.

He said it's in order. He also said FullSchedule is 14th.

pizzacat

Banned
He is solid then gets frustrated or does stuff he knows is not safe just because. He is willing to learn though.

I can't beat a guy that is unpredictable or unreadable.
I feel you on that unpredictability.

ESPECIALLY WITH LAURA. I can't go dumb with her to match with someone playing random (dumb)

Final Round is going to be hype.

Internationals:
Xian
Infiltration
Poongko
GO1
Fuudo
Tokido
Momochi
Mago
Bonchan
Haitani
Kazunoko
Reiketsu

No idea if Xiaohai is going. He's maining Ryu in SFV from what I can see on his douyu stream. His ID is GZdojo.

Tripon

Internationals:
Xian
Infiltration
Poongko
GO1
Fuudo
Tokido
Momochi
Mago
Bonchan
Haitani
Kazunoko
Reiketsu

No idea if Xiaohai is going. He's maining Ryu in SFV from what I can see on his douyu stream. His ID is GZdojo.
It'll be interesting to see who stays for NCR a week later.

Numb

Internationals:
Xian
Infiltration
Poongko
GO1
Fuudo
Tokido
Momochi
Mago
Bonchan
Haitani
Kazunoko
Reiketsu

Hyped for some infiltration

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Osu 16 Bit, Oneida, and Anne for their respective games I guess. I don't know how well the former two would be good as teachers, but they do well and love their games. Anne has already taught me a lot and is pretty good at laying out missing components that can help add to someone's game.

Although I don't think I'd ever pay for lessons tbh.

Edit: Q wouldn't be too bad of a choice either.

I wouldn't charge a dime to teach VF to anyone haha. I don't think I'm a very good teacher, but I'd like to get better at it. The last time I was playing GAFers I was doing drills like, OK this round I'm literally only going to do these 2 attacks and this throw - punish the attacks and break the throw. I think concentrating on one thing until it's established might be a good way to learn, rather than seeing something once every 3 matches and taking a longer time to adapt to it.

I think Wolf is a great character for this because he makes your mistakes REALLY obvious. and painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom