• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

My roommates constantly ask me how to improve in Smash 4 and, for the life of me, I can't make them follow that advice so I end up giving up and give them small blurbs of advice. A pet peeve I have is when people don't follow the advice I give when I actually buckle down and get serious about helping. "Growing pains" I can understand, but when it keeps happening? It's like...why did you even come to me in the first place if you refuse to listen?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a bad teacher if you're a bad listener.

Oh yeah, if you already tried your best, then all that's left is for them to listen. No point in teaching if they can't take it in for what it's worth.

I don't get why they put Kum in an oldman

This is how you come back, eh?

:p

JeTmAn81

My roommates constantly ask me how to improve in Smash 4 and, for the life of me, I can't make them follow that advice so I end up giving up and give them small blurbs of advice. A pet peeve I have is when people don't follow the advice I give when I actually buckle down and get serious about helping. "Growing pains" I can understand, but when it keeps happening? It's like...why did you even come to me in the first place if you refuse to listen?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a bad teacher if you're a bad listener.

I think people like that don't really want to learn from you, they just ask you because you're there.

A question: which platform is better for SFV, PC or PS4? I have both, just wondering which is the go-to for most folks. Need to take my 3s Chun-li out of mothballs and get pounded online.

Zissou

I'm sorry Zissou, didn't know you were from Japan. I think it's kind of too far for me lol.

edot: Wow it works better now.

GGz SixMachine. Came in expecting to struggle against fang, but did ok and then got wrecked by Sim- that character is ridiculous o_O

Was surprised the connection was borderline playable some of the time, haha.

GGs Zissou. I'm surprised how okay the connection was despite the distance. Fang vs. Chun is pretty garbage lol. EX spinning bird kick completely kills all left right mixup with Fang, which is honestly how I get a lot of momentum when I play him. I think anyone with a projectile actually can put pressure on Fang's zoning game. He has to rotate between poison balls, trap, and coward crouch just not to get tagged. I think patient players can play around the poison and walk/dash forward when you think it's safe. It's not like Dhalsim where limbs keep your forward dash in check. I don't think he actually completely "dominates" anyone zoning wise, everyone eventually converges at some point, so Fang has to fight in mid-close range eventually. I think you would do better in the Sim matchup offline, you were getting tagged walking forward, so it must have been the rollback making hard just to walk on Sim. Especially since that B+HP with Chun can beat out all his pokes except HP. Makes quite the mindgame since we are both trying to predict pokes and jumps/teleports.

Zissou

GGs Zissou. I'm surprised how okay the connection was despite the distance. Fang vs. Chun is pretty garbage lol. EX spinning bird kick completely kills all left right mixup with Fang. I think anyone with a projectile actually can put pressure on Fang's zoning game. He has to rotate between poison balls, trap, and coward crouch just not to get tagged. I don't think he actually completely "dominates" anyone zoning wise, everyone eventually converges at some point.

I was surprised you didn't use v-skill more with him- I was surprised when I went into training mode and saw Chun couldn't low profile it with cr.MP, so I have to take to the air to avoid it, which could be painful if you're putting balls on the screen. It seemed like Fang's biggest problem with it being hard for him to close out a match (due to poison/chip not being able to kill).

Sim's slides are super annoying btw, haha. When spaced well, can they all be made safe?

I was surprised you didn't use v-skill more with him- I was surprised when I went into training mode and saw Chun couldn't low profile it with cr.MP, so I have to take to the air to avoid it, which could be painful if you're putting balls on the screen. It seemed like Fang's biggest problem with it being hard for him to close out a match (due to poison/chip not being able to kill).

Sim's slides are super annoying btw, haha. When spaced well, can they all be made safe?

I probably should use the V-Skill more. A lot of times though, I feel people catch on that poison really doesn't tick that much. Sure it's free damage, and I should take it, but when most people catch on, they just use the time I spent to setup to do something to put pressure on me like move forward or throw a projectile. In the latter case I probably would need to jump or crouch it since Fang's specials have quite the startup. And yea I agree, closing out matchups is weird with Fang. I think if he had an actual overhead, it would benefit him quite a bit, especially since the instant overhead is quite wonky to land on characters with smaller hurtboxes.

When spaced well and meaty, they can be safe but most of the time I might actually be negative on them. I really have been cutting back on using them, unless I think I can hit or think it's safe. When I have V-Trigger, I'm probably going to slide and try to cancel it with that, because it'll be safe and you are on fire. I notice Dhalsims in general like to slide V-Trigger.

I also should try to stop going for so many instant overheads with Sim. Sure I get the free damage, but I usually can get hit afterwards. Though I wonder if Chun is fast enough to air throw if I attempt it.

Zissou

I probably should use the V-Skill more. A lot of times though, I feel people catch on that poison really doesn't tick that much. Sure it's free damage, and I should take it, but when most people catch on, they just use the time I spent to setup to do something to put pressure on me like move forward or throw a projectile. In the latter case I probably would need to jump or crouch it since Fang's specials have quite the startup. And yea I agree, closing out matchups is weird with Fang. I think if he had an actual overhead, it would benefit him quite a bit, especially since the instant overhead is quite wonky to land on characters with smaller hurtboxes.

When spaced well and meaty, they can be safe but most of the time I might actually be negative on them. I really have been cutting back on using them, unless I think I can hit or think it's safe. When I have V-Trigger, I'm probably going to slide and try to cancel it with that, because it'll be safe and you are on fire. I notice Dhalsims in general like to slide V-Trigger.

I also should try to stop going for so many instant overheads with Sim. Sure I get the free damage, but I usually can get hit afterwards. Though I wonder if Chun is fast enough to air throw if I attempt it.

Yeah- I got a lot of free hits after your instant overheads (on hit or block). Seems like a rough trade-off, since I get the free damage plus grounded pressure afterwards, though using instant overhead to cash out on v-trigger grey health damage is probably the right decision 99% of the time. Not sure about air throwing afterwards- maybe possible, but risky if you miss it.

Slide xx v-trigger into a set up afterwards seems super good- you stand a good chance of doing like 40%+ damage. Even if I block correctly, I'm an instant overhead away from losing all the grey health.

Jeff knows that he sweeps too much but it's hard to break that habit. I think learning a new character or emulating his favorite Ryu player would go a long way. I think he plays pretty well. I know his co-worker Jason plays a ton of fighting games.

pizzacat

Banned
Jeff knows that he sweeps too much but it's hard to break that habit. I think learning a new character or emulating his favorite Ryu player would go a long way. I think he plays pretty well. I know his co-worker Jason plays a ton of fighting games.
Jason = Free

Dan is the superior fighter player

I watched the videos posted earlier of Raven/Kum play but I couldn't really get a feel for how they're supposed to be played. Probably due to the fact that the players seemed to be pretty new to them, I'm assuming they maybe only had 5 minutes or something before hand to try them out before going on stage.

I watched the videos posted earlier of Raven/Kum play but I couldn't really get a feel for how they're supposed to be played. Probably due to the fact that the players seemed to be pretty new to them, I'm assuming they maybe only had 5 minutes or something before hand to try them out before going on stage.
Nobody even showed what the Raven's super armor/ special meter gimmick does.

But he seems really mobile. Has projectiles that move him back, Raven players got a lot of milage out of delayed air dash into combo knock down. Seems like he can bait out stuff and punish or capitalize on openings.

Shun

That was the first time ogawa played Raven and he mentions that he likes Raven's movement and he likes the range Raven has.

Rhapsody

Banned
On Dustloop, someone mentioned that in the recent famitsu article, it mentions Dizzy won't be making it on launch date. So it might be a week 2 or later DLC. That makes me sad yet also worried for making sure it comes early enough before Evo.

Shun

If that's true it still shouldn't be an issue is it? JP release is May 26th and EVO is July ~15th English is only like what a week after JP console?

That should be enough time?

Rhapsody

Banned
If that's true it still shouldn't be an issue is it? JP release is May 26th and EVO is July ~15th English is only like what a week after JP console?

That should be enough time?

It's half of me wanting to make sure it's before whatever DLC cutoff date if Evo decides on it, and half me worrying I'd be ready with that character in a big tourney like Evo, haha. But with the demo, at least I get to mess with the other characters until then.

And if worse comes to worst, I have my old Xrd characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom