• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

It's pronounced Geum, but yeah if she was just named Kim there would be less crap thrown at her regarding her name.

Im ready for fucking terrible cum jokes made by asslords

As much as you can handle
And then some

I see a nickname coming

Ohnonono

Anyone have links to high level Necalli play in the release build? I am progressing pretty well with the character but I want to see how some better players are getting in and what strings they are actually using frequently. He is a super fun character but momentum is huge and a really good footsie character that is played well can make life really rough.

Just found our PR Rog was playing him a lot. Man he uses st MK way more than I do, and it looks like you can combo it into cr MPxxx lpdisc. I think I have looked at every damn combo list and I have never seen that one. Good to know.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i'm probably making a huge mistake but for the first time in my history with the game I will not be playing Lau at a VF tournament

this will probably blow up in my face but I've always suspected that I overthink things in the heat of a match - going for setups instead of paying attention, for instance - and by playing a character I'm less familiar with I'll be more attentive and as a consequence more able to adapt.

idk, that's the hypothesis, will hope for the best lol. I know Pai well enough, I think

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone have links to high level Necalli play in the release build? I am progressing pretty well with the character but I want to see how some better players are getting in and what strings they are actually using frequently. He is a super fun character but momentum is huge and a really good footsie character that is played well can make life really rough.

Just found our PR Rog was playing him a lot. Man he uses st MK way more than I do, and it looks like you can combo it into cr MPxxx lpdisc. I think I have looked at every damn combo list and I have never seen that one. Good to know.

In addition to Rog look up Alucard's matches from NLBC, he's really good too.

Oh and Haitani's Necalli was pretty crazy on the first Daigo stream.

jbug617

Banned
March 16th edition of NLBC will have a pot bonus of over $1,000 for SFV. Stream Monsters donated and Spooky put up his ad revenue from yesterday and whatever new subscribers he got also. I wonder if that means we might see some out of town people come through.

Beckx

March 16th edition of NLBC will have a pot bonus of over $1,000 for SFV. Stream Monsters donated and Spooky put up his ad revenue from yesterday and whatever new subscribers he got also. I wonder if that means we might see some out of town people come through.

It's time for Yams to Rise Up.

Will we finally see Dieminion?

Ohnonono

Haitani uses cLP, cLP xxxEXstomp a good bit when he has meter. This is the first time I have actually been able to watch these guys, recognize what they are doing and see the differences. Could I actually be learning a fighting game? Impossible.

Zissou

He gives a brief write-up here. It's not extensive and will change with time, but I generally do agree with a good amount of his thoughts since have been challenging people to sets to get a feel for the matchups just to see how Fang fares. (Though the I do feel bad I got swept by SixFortyFive's Mika. I never fought a Mika that actually had mixups, so it felt like I didn't even go at the matchup properly). I did feel okay against Birdie since he really can't do much full screen, but if he takes 2 steps forward, the chain becomes a threat and he can almost chain you on reaction. Shouta said he was getting more comfortable with the Birdie-Fang matchup as we played more, so I do think it can change over time.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207441/f-a-n-g-match-ups-thread/p2

If you got a lead on Fang, he actually has not a lot of ways to crack someone open. Poison is really slow to work and the chip from poison balls isn't much. He can ex slide after throwing poison or vice versa to force a left right, but you have to be at the right range to really trick the opponent. He does have an instant overhead but if it's on a shorter character he needs to get the fuzzy guard to land the j.mk (not 100% sure if it's needed but I missed it a decent amount), even then it's mostly just to get some slight damage in, it's not like you got a combo opening.

As Chun try to IA Legs over the poison mist. You might trade with the cr.HP if the Fang is in the right place, but if you hit him, the poison trap goes away. If the Fang is trying to force a trade with poison balls at a mid-close range, like Hidden Missiles, if you can grab him you avoid it, or if you sweep him before getting hit, he really can't capitalize since he has to recover. Also I know I do this, and it seems every Fang I watch even high level ones want to do this but wake up CA to escape stuff is pretty common. Not a lot of people really punish it, it's invincible on startup and it can get us out of corners. Also it can crossup, so be aware, though it won't really combo you if it does tag you 1 time. Fangs also like to sweep because they can try to get a setup off it, even watching SonicFox and World_Combo (Highest ranked Fang I think. Last I checked rank 6) like to try to get sweeps, though if you watch for it, you can punish it since it is quite negative.

edit: We can try to play a set tomorrow. It's kind of late for me to play atm. CFN SixMachine.

Connection could be bad due to geography, but we can give it a go- my CFN is madmrbacon

jerry1594

i'm probably making a huge mistake but for the first time in my history with the game I will not be playing Lau at a VF tournament

this will probably blow up in my face but I've always suspected that I overthink things in the heat of a match - going for setups instead of paying attention, for instance - and by playing a character I'm less familiar with I'll be more attentive and as a consequence more able to adapt.

idk, that's the hypothesis, will hope for the best lol. I know Pai well enough, I think
Sounds good. Will there be a stream?

Anne

Haitani uses cLP, cLP xxxEXstomp a good bit when he has meter. This is the first time I have actually been able to watch these guys, recognize what they are doing and see the differences. Could I actually be learning a fighting game? Impossible.

Jab into ex stomp is mad good btw. If you can spare the meter you turn a pretty tiny situation into a huge fucking problem.

Connection could be bad due to geography, but we can give it a go- my CFN is madmrbacon

I get home around 7:30 p.m. EST. I live in Texas. As long as you aren't one of those people who live in a place where you buy milk in bags, it should be serviceable
even if you were, I'll still play you

Shun

It's pronounced Geum, but yeah if she was just named Kim there would be less crap thrown at her regarding her name.

Im ready for fucking terrible cum jokes made by asslords

I mispronounce english all the time so I cannot criticize (´;д;`)
But the game say how to pronounce Kum so there is no mistake. why people gotta be inconsiderate

also fuck tests I want kalbijjim and naengmyun right now. there is place around here that has the best and good banchan too so gosu.

제시카정... 나, 너생각하다가 좃물나왔어요.

ああああ〜暑い正義の聖液を漏らす
ダーリンこのままで... ごっくん... ああああ〜

Shun

Still being discussed but rough chart.

CcTZ4KUUkAAeZOE.jpg:orig

also how sako practices with cross up at the moment. set up at a bar.
Ccoe0RGUcAAgaVW.jpg:large

Shun

has weaknesses/versatile
odd seeing Noel considered versatile. Still low as fuck tier

yes. weakness or a character flaw vs versatile well rounded

left side has things like being a very hard character to learn, having low HP, higher skill floor and ceiling, etc.

right side has easier to use and learn, relatively balance and average HP.

Exceptions being characters like Celica who are easy as shit to play but with low HP. Top Left side is generally lower HP characters and are really good with plenty of tools but have a matchup or usage drawback.

Chart is still being discussed and character placement was for maximum visible. So placement is somewhat fluid but it is pretty close to what is currently agreed until Act 3.

I made the right choice to switch for the time being. Tho when I played Noel I grew up and played at a place that had like 6-8 Noel mains so yeah...
You can still win wit her she is not total trash you just need to work a lot harder.

Rhapsody

Banned
If it's a straight up tier list, I can't really agree with that. Not where Naoto's placed at least lol

Japan still underrating Kokonoe too imo. While she's not top 5 or anything, I feel like that list doesn't give her enough credit.

Edit: Who even made that chart though

Shun

If it's a straight up tier list, I can't really agree with that. Not where Naoto's placed at least lol

Japan still underrating Kokonoe too imo. While she's not top 5 or anything, I feel like that list doesn't give her enough credit.

Edit: Who even made that chart though

This was as of last weekend and it was discussed by a group of M氏, Tenchi, Dekuno and a couple others and then compiled into a list by ekiben.

Rough list, still being discuss, things can change until final revisions.

thats been the name of the game for every one except CS2

Except this time she is worse and it is harder than CP2.0

That money segment was on Ultrachen was interesting. I wonder... who here in FGHQ would y'all pay to coach you to get better for one hour? Who would be the best coach here?

VoHiYo

My roommates constantly ask me how to improve in Smash 4 and, for the life of me, I can't make them follow that advice so I end up giving up and give them small blurbs of advice. A pet peeve I have is when people don't follow the advice I give when I actually buckle down and get serious about helping. "Growing pains" I can understand, but when it keeps happening? It's like...why did you even come to me in the first place if you refuse to listen?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a bad teacher if you're a bad listener.

ShinMaruku

All I have to say is why they named her that....

Oh and rip Kokonoe, they shit on her. Atleast her op mum is still good. And all the Sayas are bizzare in that chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom