• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleep

Tekken is just that silly game where you press the kick buttons and watch Eddie go nuts. Pokken is the true eSport.

Zissou

It's funny how people's perceived difficulty of any given fighting game is so different from how seasoned players view things. Tekken was a huge seller back in the ps1 days -> lots of people played it casually -> series has a reputation of accessibility among non-genre enthusiasts.

Gonna decline that shit all day if I win in ranked

hold that L and find me again if you want those points back, you hear me rice-eater???
I remember thinking it was a good idea a few months ago, but after all these ragequits in SFV I've lost a lot of faith in online matchmaking. It should be 2/3 by default or no one will use it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I remember thinking it was a good idea a few months ago, but after all these ragequits in SFV I've lost a lot of faith in online matchmaking. It should be 2/3 by default or no one will use it.

I'm with Beef and will be happy to let these guys hold their L's.

galvenize

Huh, I wanted to see where Smug was at and according to his replays it looks like he went full time Nash. Understandable because I can't imagine playing Karin on a xbox pad being anything but a pain.

MrDaravon

Yeah, the 2/3 being optional in Ranked seems to be a baffling choice. Even more baffling is that it's NOT an option at all in Casual where it'd be much appreciated and probably actually used a lot more. Man I really need to get back to SFV :/

Huh, I wanted to see where Smug was at and according to his replays it looks like he went full time Nash. Understandable because I can't imagine playing Karin on a xbox pad being anything but a pain.

Wait, is he still actually playing on a 360 controller using a converter? Dude must be used to it I guess, I can't imagine a scenario where any sane person prefers the 360 dpad over the PS4's. Unless he uses the stick?

galvenize

Yeah, the 2/3 being optional in Ranked seems to be a baffling choice. Even more baffling is that it's NOT an option at all in Casual where it'd be much appreciated and probably actually used a lot more. Man I really need to get back to SFV :/

Wait, is he still actually playing on a 360 controller using a converter? Dude must be used to it I guess, I can't imagine a scenario where any sane person prefers the 360 dpad over the PS4's. Unless he uses the stick?

Actually I don't know, I just assumed he was still on that pad since that's how he's been rolling.

Negaduck

When's heracross?

It has to be the Pokemon factor but hot damn I wanna play some pokken.

No Hitmon's in the game is weird though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
When's heracross?

It has to be the Pokemon factor but hot damn I wanna play some pokken.

No Hitmon's in the game is weird though.

Mewtwo got all the elemental punches and blaziken has a very heavily kick based move set. A steve fox and hwoarang base for them would have been cool though

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's so trash, I can beat or, at minimum trade, with it using Gief's Lariat, lol.

anything can

xrDos4e.jpg

Hurtbox goes down to the tip

SF4 version
NQY31P3.jpg

I'm really liking Smug's Karin. His footsie game is so on point.

I'm kinda sad he dropped her for Nash, but hopefully he's finding a lot of success with him.

Oh man, the Mike salt. I've missed this so much.

It ain't even ass it's just normal

Yea it seems to be good as is, since it requires both the Cammy and the opponent to be aware of how Cannon Strike works. For example, Poongko uses it a lot to go crazy on the pressure because even if it doesn't hit and is blocked, having them block still allows Cammy pressure, which is very huge and well worth 1 bar of meter. But he needs to be careful because he lost to WeirdoNeo's Chun in that recent Korean tournament because he got hit from b.HP on 3 different attempts of Cannon Strike and 2 of them were EX in like a span of 5 seconds. Which is very interesting because some people were thinking it might be even or slightly advantage to Cammy since it is thought she can just play some footsies and then get in, but once people get used to this Cannon Strike more matchups might turn out worse for her over time since people can try to stuff it on reaction.

Shun

Izayoi/Tsubaki you thirsty as fuck in BlazBlue but you a damn good character.

Maybe Jin and Hakumen will look your way some day.

Cdb-M0YVIAARHHt.jpg

MrDaravon

Ceckard Dain gonna pop up in this thread soon

I actually fully cleaned out my ignore list on GAF yesterday and noticed him on there and had a good laugh. I had about 20 people on my ignore list which shocked me, then I noticed that virtually all of them have been banned for ages.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
tbh im totally guilty of thread whining so i cant really say shit about zts but i will say he seems to hate people saying anything positive about vf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom