• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Marksman who is you favorite iDOLM@STER??
You're repping it now Markman, we need answers.
I need Markman and Harada posing with idol shirts.
for new page

yeah marksman we need answers.

show us yo banapass this one is mine
CXIKTLFUEAANfh6.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
That SFV schedule for FR sounds fucking nuts and also kinda shit for the players making it to Sunday to be honest. If they've got that many people they should be starting it on Friday :/. Gonna be a great tournament to watch though.

Can't start it on Friday after people already made travel plans. No way things are going to slim down to top 16 by Saturday night either. Putting more overflow on Sunday just made the most sense. CapcomFighters doesn't stream anything but SF on finals day anyway, so spreading the semifinals into Sunday just gives them more to do.

I think it kind of sucks for the other games on finals day but this is what happens when a 1000+ player bracket is all but assured.

I can't seem to find the rules (645 help?), is Final Round going to allow use of PS3 sticks?

I'm 99% sure the answer is no, unless there's been a reversal on that decision.

Sheroking

You know what I love?

Losing 100 points to terrible, silver ranked Mika players who clearly use a potato for an internet router.

That's it for me tonight.

I've been to CEO a few times just to spectate and had a great time but I've never been to Final Round. Some friends and I decided to go but from the sound of it it's a small venue and it's gonna be very crowded. Then you got the SFV situation and I want to see pretty much all the top 8's. Feel like we should just stay home at this point.

Why don't more events use standard control setups for all players?

Have a high quality stick setup for each station and when you register for the event you have to tell them if you're a pad player. Otherwise you use their setup. Would save so much time in the bigger events.

I think with it being a new game almost anyone should just learn stick anyway. Unless you have some physical disability there's no real reason to play pad. Putting everyone on the same level, control-wise would be a good thing too.

Also fucking around with users and pads on Playstation 4 is a mess. TOs should avoid it and make their events run smoother.

kirblar

I've been to CEO a few times just to spectate and had a great time but I've never been to Final Round. Some friends and I decided to go but from the sound of it it's a small venue and it's gonna be very crowded. Then you got the SFV situation and I want to see pretty much all the top 8's. Feel like we should just stay home at this point.
I think I'm gonna end up going to CEO, as it's way cheaper than EVO and I can see family at the same time.

Have a high quality stick setup for each station and when you register for the event you have to tell them if you're a pad player. Otherwise you use their setup. Would save so much time in the bigger events.

I think with it being a new game almost anyone should just learn stick anyway. Unless you have some physical disability there's no real reason to play pad. Putting everyone on the same level, control-wise would be a good thing too.

Also fucking around with users and pads on Playstation 4 is a mess. TOs should avoid it and make their events run smoother.

No way man. People use all different kinds of sticks and pads. I don't want to go back to that.

shaowebb

List of all the stuff it will support

Lets see ...this list reminds me of some great stuff I've played. Some of it vs compatible for fightcade and some not.

Bang Bead (similar to windjammers gets intense once you each get down to a single star to defend because you can be scored on once all are gone)

Battle Bakraid,Cybattler,Dodonpachi,Donpachi, Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou, Cotton,Dimahoo, Blazing Star, Dragon Blaze, Dyger, ESP RA DE!!!!, PROGEAR!,and Battle Garegga(mmmm yes more shmups for shao)

Ghostlop , Magical drop 1,2,3,plus,Magical Bubble, (fuck yeah competitive puzzlers)

Crue Ball (crazy as fuck action pinball combat. Like a take on Sonic Spinball)

Liquid kids (Fantastic action platformer)

Putting everyone on the same level control-wise means letting everyone use what they're familiar with. Things are fine as is.

No way man. People use all different kinds of sticks and pads. I don't want to go back to that.

That event last night was using an arcade style setup and people were able to just walk up and play. It was so nice and so fast.

I can't stand the minute plus between matches a lot of these tournaments are doing because of legacy sticks and pads and user switching.

It was fine back when the tournaments were run on arcade hardware, it should be fine now.

you're one of them actually.

i do hope your superior tekken 7 will rescue the fgc after the eventual downfall of sfv.
So you're delusional like the rest of the SF nutz. Save the FGC? Superior Tekken 7? Stop trying to make this a Tekken vs. Street Fighter thing. Take a step back.
The fact that you are upset that people don't like Street Fighter V is stupid. Are you incapable of liking something that has a bad reputation? Or is it that you know deep down inside the game is a flawed mess but you are trying to convince yourself it isn't and every post that's negative eats at you cause you know it's the truth? Why do you care? I have tons of unpopular opinions but it's never once complained on a forum when people didn't like what I liked.

That event last night was using an arcade style setup and people were able to just walk up and play. It was so nice and so fast.

I can't stand the minute plus between matches a lot of these tournaments are doing because of legacy sticks and pads and user switching.

It was fine back when the tournaments were run on arcade hardware, it should be fine now.

You can't stand watching it? Priority should be on the players and accommodating them. People feel comfortable on different setups.

Even back at the older evos before they went full console they accommodated the japan guys alot of times with japan setups and didn't make them use our standard happ stuff.

I think its better now for player preference on what they want to use, which is most important. Not for people watching.

You can't stand watching it? Priority should be on the players and accommodating them. People feel comfortable on different setups.

Even back at the older evos before they went full console they accommodated the japan guys alot of times with japan setups and didn't make them use our standard happ stuff.

I think its better now for player preference on what they want to use, which is most important. Not for people watching.

Yup. Players should feel comfortable with the setup they're using and making sure everything works before a match starts. I think it's more on SFV itself for not having the features that make it much more tourney friendly outside of hold start to pause. Like P2 should be able to choose character select, the game should have a button check feature when you're in character select, and legacy support shouldn't take several minutes to implement per stick.

So you're delusional like the rest of the SF nutz. Save the FGC? Superior Tekken 7? Stop trying to make this a Tekken vs. Street Fighter thing. Take a step back.
The fact that you are upset that people don't like Street Fighter V is stupid. Are you incapable of liking something that has a bad reputation? Or is it that you know deep down inside the game is a flawed mess but you are trying to convince yourself it isn't and every post that's negative eats at you cause you know it's the truth? Why do you care? I have tons of unpopular opinions but it's never once complained on a forum when people didn't like what I liked.

The gameplay is pretty good though. I'm satisfied.

Yeah the venue seemed kind of small. How many people can the main room even fit? 150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom