• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same post you're telling me infiltrate looks unbeatable. Who's putting to much stock here? I didn't say snake would win I just said he looks the best

Unbeatable in my eyes. No matter if it's online, tournament, beta, etc... he's looked untouchable. Who's to say Chris T, Brent, Valle, etc... are better than the players he's played online or in the Korean tournament? Nobody knows at this point. I'm not asking you who Snake has played as if there is some objective way to tell who is the best at this point.

Lulubop

Unbeatable in my eyes. No matter if it's online, tournament, beta, etc... he's looked untouchable. Who's to say Chris T, Brent, Valle, etc... are better than the players he's played online or in the Korean tournament? Nobody knows at this point. I'm not asking you who Snake has played as if there is some objective way to tell who is the best at this point.

Alright but you just came at me for being big on snake this early in the games life, when at the same time you're saying another player unbeatable.
Some how blowing up players at a pre release tourney has more clout than what snake did the last three WNF with an admittedly weaker character. Lol no international bias. Sure bro. We'll agree to disagree

That stuff with Du =(

pizzacat

Banned
Dogs > Cats

Here are his dogs I think

Pretty cute
10554139_1747247238837831_691722012_n.jpg

Alright but you just came at me for being big on snake this early in the games life, when at the same time you're saying another player unbeatable.
Some how blowing up players at a pre release tourney has more clout than what snake did the last three WNF with an admittedly weaker character. Lol no international bias. Sure bro. We'll agree to disagree

You quoted me. I quoted Count agreeing with him. You're not getting it. Your post implied that there was an objective way to tell who has been the most impressive. In your eyes, it's impossible for Infiltration to be the best because he hasn't beaten anybody as if it that matters at this point in time. There isn't a way to tell if WNF players are better than the Asian players online or the ones he met in the Korean tournament.

Maybe Sako, a guy who has only experience from training room, goes to Final Round and blows everyone up. At this point in the game's life there is no point in asking "who has Infiltraton/Snake beaten?" After Final Round and NCR we can ask that.

I have international bias, you have American bias. I'm putting my faith in the deeper pool that is Asia. From watching them play, I'm most impressed by Infiltration and Haitani.

At this point I'd be more impressed and invested in USA winning Xrd or BB at Final Round.

SKD beat Dogura at Evo last year.

I thought he didn't like V enough to play it comp. I guess I'm wrong tho right?

It's not like I was straight up saying he is not playing v more of a question my bad

You got the wrong guy. Xian was the top player that made it the most clear that he's dropping IV for V. Full blown interviewed statement after Capcom Cup.

What was the anime twitter blowup?

Also, I don't think US will win Final Round. No arcade version hurts the scene in Japan/Korea but it seems like the top players are grinding just as hard as they did for previous games. No reason to expect things to change, especially this early in the game.
Totally changed his ways guys. Really deserves to be back.
Seeing this next to a grayed out name is super hilarious

MrDaravon

Glad to hear Du is okay, hope he gets the help he needs. Also serious props to Team Liquid being so quick to respond and offering to fly him AND his dog down to support him and everything, that's really impressive and good on them.

So many people got banned today. So sad.

?

CO_Andy

All the fan fervor for Alex comes directly from North America. Would make the most sense to get at least a trailer at the event.

Line_HTX

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soeku2

It's certainly not good, but he's ok for now.

OMG, I feared the worst when I saw James Chen and other people on Twitter talking about it after the tweet was deleted.

Thank God Du is OK. Relieved to see he has a wonderful support immediately around him.

I got reminded of Pusha T and absolutely do not want another departure from well known top players...

:(

Lulubop

It's pretty dumb to wait all the way till final round for a trailer and info on when the patch actually drops. Not like SFV already hasn't had a rocky start. They could save a gamerplay demonstration for final round or some shit. They needa have the Guile trailer ready to go April first.

MrDaravon

It's pretty dumb to wait all the way till final round for a trailer and info on when the patch actually drops. Not like SFV already hasn't had a rocky start. They could save a gamerplay demonstration for final round or some shit. They needa have the Guile trailer ready to go April first.

It's not dumb if the patch isn't ready to go yet. If they're holding it back intentionally yeah sure, but no real way of knowing I suppose. The frothing demand to have trailers for characters first of the month baffles me, if the character isn't gonna be ready until like the end of the month isn't it just going to piss people off more if we see a trailer on the first but the character doesn't hit until the 25th?

Yeah. What they should do is release the trailer now and have another trailer (w/next character tease like how Alex has the boots tease) or a demo at Final Round.

BBC fighting game documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40g4KM2s7s

shaowebb

Tried relaxing a bit after stuff wtih Nitroplus Blasterz. Examu really does like doing the story and arcade modes that are free and easy and teach you fuck all about how you should be playing before throwing a "git gud" boss at you lol.

Gotta say though once this game clicks its crazy fun. Vanishing guarding and punishing stuff is so rapid fire and intense it turns it into a machine gun slug fest.Its like a perfect guard and punish sorta thing but instead of having to time it you just hit back and a button and bye bye chip damage and hello faster block recovery. You just gotta watch though or you can get high low mixed up for using it because if they attack before you do and you were trying to rapid fire tap into vanishing guard you cant high then low vanishing guard. You'd just throw out double High vanishing guard blocks and then get hit with a low under pressure from their block string. So no mashing and know your best punish tools to beat folks to the draw!

Really really great stuff. I'm having fun with the double assists. You're damage when using two assists just for a setup is ass though so it looks like they balanced combos around the potential to extend with these more than open people up with them since base damage is low. Plus the varying cooldown times between assist uses mitigates a ton of shenanigans. As fast as some stuff goes down you may only see some assists once a round. Overall, I'm getting the most mileage going for extensions off of assists. Usually one setup assist with low cooldown and one beefy one for overkill resets and full screen shit works for my other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom